I'm still unable to upload photos
  1. Welcome to RangeRovers.net – General discussion forum for Range Rovers

Welcome to RangeRovers.net - a website dedicated to all things Range Rovers.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join RangeRovers.net today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: I'm still unable to upload photos

I'm still unable to upload photos

As the title says!FYI I'm running Chrome on win7 home prem, just incase that makes any difference!
    ​Range Rover Classic 1988 Fueled by the Devil (2.4 VM Diesel)

2. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

re: I'm still unable to upload photos

Did you clear cookies and cache since all the bugs happened? I needed to do so to get things back on an even keel.

If that doesn't help, can you tell me where the process breaks down for you?

Kevin
    Signature Test.

Hi
    have a similar dump question..prepared a nice little album and can't find any way to upload photos.
    In Safari I get an empty page.
    In Chrome i get the same with a different address line
    https://www.rangerovers.net/forum/new...manager&values[albumid]=5625&contenttypeid=8&poststarttime=1513952090&pos thash=9f0f5ec47f4f99988c4d7f4b270ec6c1&insertinlin e=0

and in Firefox I get a blank page with a spinning wheel.

Any clue?
    What is the secret?
    Reparando Rovers en Guanacaste! tierrafirme-lr . Click the link to see what I do with my Rovers on Sunday https://500px.com/AnnetteFlottwell/g...the-land-rover

5. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

No secret, it's been an issue for almost a month and the IT folks can't seem to figure it out.
    "The power of good is always stronger than the power of non-good.
    The power of light is stronger than the power of darkness,
    the power of knowledge is stronger than the power of ignorance."
    ~ Maharishi Mahesh Yogi~

Hi @annette,

Sorry to hear that your album is not working for you. When you say that you 'prepared a nice little album' whereabouts did you prepare it? Are you referring to the empty album in your RR profile? Sorry, I was not able to access the link that you sent, so just wanted to be sure.

Your account permissions should allow you to upload images to your album, so it's not a reflection of that. I personally tried creating an album and uploading photos (in Chrome, Firefox and Safari) and was not able to recreate the issues that you're reporting (images uploaded fine).

Also, just to clarify. is your issue that you try to upload photos and it doesn't work, or you don't see a button to upload photos at all? Can you please take a screenshot of what your album looks like when it's opened on your end? I'd also suggest clearing your browser's cache and cookies to see if that helps.

Cheers,

Erik
    Signature Test.

Erik, this is the same description folks have been giving all along. Blank page for the upload box. The photo album uses the same upload system that the "go advanced" does when posting or editing. this allows for multiple uploads. The single photo upload system still works in basic posting but is limited to one photo and photos only.
    ~ Maharishi Mahesh Yogi~

This is a known recurring issue with VB4 we are working with VBulletin to get it fixed

Kyle
    Signature Test.

Re: I'm still unable to upload photos

BTW I still can't add pics to a forum post. I have an important update on athread and would love to upload some 'lupa' closeups of the BECM because I think it might help others. impossible to do from my phone
    Reparando Rovers en Guanacaste! tierrafirme-lr . Click the link to see what I do with my Rovers on Sunday https://500px.com/AnnetteFlottwell/g...the-land-rover

Have no fear Annette, at least 30 -40 % of our member have not been able to upload photos or pdf files since January. Our support folks claim it is an issue with the forum software company and are unable to do anything about it. I finally figured out that the forum software is still in the dark ages with flash player. Google and most systems blocked flash player due to security issues ages ago. You can no longer enable flash in google because it is blocked. Oh you can chose for flash to ASK before it works. Unfortunately this setting does not work on RRnet because All photo management requires a pop up. One of our support folks posted a photo of some obscure Google setting to allow the flash extension. Of course they did not take into account that since the migration nobody can see photos or open pdf. files.Your choice is to try different browsers for RRnet and see if one actually works. If you are entrenched in Google, and have been for many years, you can try a third party flash player extension and hope it works with this site. Your last option is to say F it and give up on helping other member with photos and pdfs.
    ~ Maharishi Mahesh Yogi~

Thank you so much for your kind words.

Ok we must install plan B then. I will upload stuff to Instagram or my flicker account and paste a link. Sigh. This is for tomorrow sometime.

Part 1 of Plan B done.. my personal album is now on 500px so now I will make the next one tonight for BECMs

Quote Originally Posted by annette View Post
    Part 1 of Plan B done.. my personal album is now on 500px so now I will make the next one tonight for BECMs
    Unforyunately, plan b doesn’t get back all of the valuable pictures from the past on this site.
    2019 RRS SVR (balmoral blue)
    1997 Range Rover 4.0 SE
    2018 Discovery (Byron Blue)
    2015 Aston Martin V12 Vantage S (Silver)
    2003 Porsche 911 C4 Cabriolet (black)
    1991 Porsche 944 S2 cabriolet (white)
    1986 Alfa Romeo Spider Graduate (white)

Prior LRs: 2015 RRS ATB (santorini black), 2012 LR4 (Fuji white), 2011 RR SC (Santorini), 2008 RR HSE (Santorini) (RIP, along with 2005 Elise), 2006 RRS HSE (Giverny), 2002 RR HSE (Java), 2005 RR HSE (Java), 2005 LR3 (Zermatt), 2007 LR3 (chawton white)

The pictures haven't gone anywhere. IT just can't figure out how to make them show again.
    ~ Maharishi Mahesh Yogi~

FRESHMAN ROVER

I just posted a classified in the used car corral, and I too am unable to upload photos. Blank page when i tried the 'manage attachments'.

Furthermore, now that I posted the classified without pics, I do not have an option to edit it. Is the missing edit function related to the inability to post photos in any way?

The edit function is in no way related to the inability to manage photos. Edit time is limited to 15 minutes. This is by design to keep folks from changing history or deleting all their posts.
    ~ Maharishi Mahesh Yogi~

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now