New Infotainment Upgrade w/ Apple CarPlay from Land Rover?!
  1. Welcome to RangeRovers.net – General discussion forum for Range Rovers

Welcome to RangeRovers.net - a website dedicated to all things Range Rovers.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join RangeRovers.net today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New Infotainment Upgrade w/ Apple CarPlay from Land Rover?!

FRESHMAN ROVER

Exclamation New Infotainment Upgrade w/ Apple CarPlay from Land Rover?!

Hey y'all.

I know this has been beaten to death on this forum however I just saw a FB post today that there was a new infotainment upgrade from Land Rover. According to this guy, Rich, he took his 2017 RRS in for a service and received the upgrade free of charge because he said it was part of the service plan.

Does anybody have any information on this upgrade? Will it work on 2016? Lastly, was there a charge for the upgrade?

Screenshot of the post here:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1X3O...ew?usp=sharing

The attachment button is not working on my computer for some reason.
    2016 LR RR SPORT HSE TD6 DIESEL

2. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

Premium Member

Re: New Infotainment Upgrade w/ Apple CarPlay from Land Rove

the update is not applicable for '16s
    2018 Range Rover SCV8
    2017 Range Rover Sport SCV8 Dynamic
    2017 Range Rover Evoque HSE

Coworker of mine attempted to get his dealer to install CarPlay in his Velar. Dealer wants to charge him $399 for the software upload because it didn’t come standard with the Velar at purchase.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

I took the wife's 2017 RRS SCV8 in for its standard electronic issues and when I got the car back, the infotainment system was new. I didn't request the upgrade, they just did it.
    highlights
    - now the home page is not customizable block instead it is 3 fixed blocks, Entertainment, Nav and Phone
    -the navigation does not have the enter address by state, town, street, house number. Now you just type in the address in a "search field" and it will find it on its own. Frustrating if you did it the old way for 2 years to try and figure it out.

other than that, it seems to work ok. Not ground breaking but better.

Quote Originally Posted by mrv99 View Post
    I took the wife's 2017 RRS SCV8 in for its standard electronic issues and when I got the car back, the infotainment system was new. I didn't request the upgrade, they just did it.
    highlights
    - now the home page is not customizable block instead it is 3 fixed blocks, Entertainment, Nav and Phone
    -the navigation does not have the enter address by state, town, street, house number. Now you just type in the address in a "search field" and it will find it on its own. Frustrating if you did it the old way for 2 years to try and figure it out.

other than that, it seems to work ok. Not ground breaking but better.
    I believe if you hold your finger down on the home screen for a while it will unlock a new area to customize what shows up on the home screen. You can also rename it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now