New Shoes - 22" XO Verona
  1. Welcome to RangeRovers.net – General discussion forum for Range Rovers

Welcome to RangeRovers.net - a website dedicated to all things Range Rovers.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join RangeRovers.net today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New Shoes - 22" XO Verona

FRESHMAN ROVER

New Shoes - 22" XO Verona

I've been looking at summer wheel options for some time and ended up going with the 22x10.5" XO Verona in gray with Nitto NT420S 305/40-22. I looked at a lot of options including 22" OEM knockoffs, but they are usually 9.5" or 10" width and I didn't want to mess with spacers to get the right stance and prefer a wider look.

Went with gray over silver because I like the contrast on a white car and need a way to hide the annoying amount of brake dust. I will eventually go with ceramic pads, but the previous owner had just replaced the pads with OEMs, so made sense to wait it out a bit. I know there's a lot of debate around 285 vs. 305, but I think the 305s look perfect on a 10.5" rim plus most of the popular tires are actually cheaper in 305...go figure. Only a few miles so far, but zero rubbing even with suspension lowered.

Overall I'm really happy with the purchase and Discount Tire matched the best prices I could find online without even asking.

Jim
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails New Shoes - 22" XO Verona-img_1723.jpg   New Shoes - 22" XO Verona-img_1724.jpg   New Shoes - 22" XO Verona-img_1725.jpg   New Shoes - 22" XO Verona-img_1726.jpg   New Shoes - 22" XO Verona-img_1727.jpg   New Shoes - 22" XO Verona-img_1728.jpg  

New Shoes - 22" XO Verona-img_1729.jpg  

2. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

FRESHMAN ROVER

Re: New Shoes - 22" XO Verona

It looks great! Curious about the total price? Also, was there a significant difference in terms of price between 285 vs. 305 for you? I definitely like the wider, staggered set up. That's what I have on my '15 640i xDrive GC BMW (selling now) and it makes it look much meaner & sportier.
    2016 LR RR SPORT HSE TD6 DIESEL

FRESHMAN ROVER

Wow, that looks great! Thanks for the info, have been thinking about a summer setup for mine as well.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

FRESHMAN ROVER

Thanks guys. Total was about $3,400 after tax, mounting, balancing, new tire pressure sensors, and tire warranties. The Nittos in 305 width were about $35 cheaper per tire than 285. I was already leaning towards wider as you get more sidewall which helps with both rim protection and ride as there is more sidewall.

I'm actually glad I gave Discount a chance to bid on it all. They said outright they were willing to take a little loss on the rims if it meant getting the deal and they matched the best prices I could find.

Jim

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now