Issue with Data
  1. Welcome to RangeRovers.net – General discussion forum for Range Rovers

Welcome to RangeRovers.net - a website dedicated to all things Range Rovers.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join RangeRovers.net today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Issue with Data

FRESHMAN ROVER

Issue with Data

I never extended my free trial of ATT data, but my remote app continued to work. On 6/10, my remote app stopped responding. Around that time I noticed that my vehicle was showing three dots where the network service was normally. So I reached out to ATT to add the data service back on, however the Connected Car ATT Website wouldn't allow me to add my vehicle. So after a few calls to ATT, the vehicle has been added and I now have service connected through ATT. However, I'm still getting the 3 dots, my remote app doesn't work and none of the data services work (i.e. weather, etc.).

Has anyone else gone through this? Any fixes known, that I can do myself? Or, does anyone know if this is a JLR issue or an ATT issue.

I did search this forum and found one thread, but it was in regards to using T-Mobile. I did try turning on Data, Roaming, etc, to no avail.
    .................................................. .

Current: '19 RRS Dynamic Supercharged - Carpathian Grey Ebony/Ebony
    and '19 Audi S4

Past: '16 BMW 340i, '16 Audi SQ5, '15 Lexus IS350, '15 Audi Q5 3.0, '14 Audi S4, '13 Infiniti FX35, '11 Infiniti G37s, '10 Audi A4, '08 Infiniti G35s, '08 Toyota Tacoma, '07 Infiniti G35c, '07 Infiniti FX35, '06 Nissan 350z, '04 Toyota 4Runner, '02 Lexus IS300, '01 Honda Prelude...

2. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

FRESHMAN ROVER

Re: Issue with Data

Be certain that the car is connected. Go to settings from the infotainment home screen (gears at bottom), then to all settings, scroll to connectivity then look at Mobile data it should be on. If so touch mobile data and verify settings for AT&T.
    2018 RRS V-8 SC Dynamic
    2017 RRS TD6 (buyback)

FRESHMAN ROVER

Quote Originally Posted by JoeDon1962 View Post
    Be certain that the car is connected. Go to settings from the infotainment home screen (gears at bottom), then to all settings, scroll to connectivity then look at Mobile data it should be on. If so touch mobile data and verify settings for AT&T.
    Thank you so much. So Data is on, but all of the settings are blank.

Now I just need to find the APN settings for ATT's connected car.

and '19 Audi S4

Past: '16 BMW 340i, '16 Audi SQ5, '15 Lexus IS350, '15 Audi Q5 3.0, '14 Audi S4, '13 Infiniti FX35, '11 Infiniti G37s, '10 Audi A4, '08 Infiniti G35s, '08 Toyota Tacoma, '07 Infiniti G35c, '07 Infiniti FX35, '06 Nissan 350z, '04 Toyota 4Runner, '02 Lexus IS300, '01 Honda Prelude...

5. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

Premium Member

it shouldn't be this complicated, it is really plug and play.
    I would cancel the ATT thing and get a T-Mobile sim card. put it in, it works.
    2018 Range Rover SCV8
    2017 Range Rover Sport SCV8 Dynamic
    2017 Range Rover Evoque HSE

FRESHMAN ROVER

Quote Originally Posted by totya View Post
    it shouldn't be this complicated, it is really plug and play.
    I would cancel the ATT thing and get a T-Mobile sim card. put it in, it works.
    I agree 100%. I'm starting to think something else is going wrong. Is there any additional settings with the T-Mobile sim or just plug it and you're ready to go?

and '19 Audi S4

SOPHOMORE ROVER

don't over think things.... You might have a problem with your cars antenna or communications. Try using the roadside assistance button for a test call to see if that works, if it does than antenna and communications are fine.

The vehicle has its own data stream you are not required to have a data plan in order to use remote app. One thing that is important you need to be in an area with good cell service or connection to car will fail.
    2019 Range Rover Sport HSE Dynamic

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by oneway View Post
    I agree 100%. I'm starting to think something else is going wrong. Is there any additional settings with the T-Mobile sim or just plug it and you're ready to go?
    There aren't any settings. Plug it in, and it connects.
    2018 Range Rover SCV8
    2017 Range Rover Sport SCV8 Dynamic
    2017 Range Rover Evoque HSE

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now