2019 vs 2020 RR Sport Supercharged
  1. Welcome to RangeRovers.net – General discussion forum for Range Rovers

Welcome to RangeRovers.net - a website dedicated to all things Range Rovers.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join RangeRovers.net today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 2019 vs 2020 RR Sport Supercharged

2019 vs 2020 RR Sport Supercharged

Good morning everyone,

I am new to this forum and will soon be new to RR. I have several people who have told me to check them out. I test drove a RR supercharged on Saturday and was sold. I plan to order very soon.

The question that I have is should I get the 2019 or wait for the 2020 model. Will there be any changes that will be made? I am not well versed in RR and have not been able to find much information. I figured I would turn to the pros.

Any information would be helpful. I look forward to becoming a part of the community!

Best,
    Mo

2. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

Re: 2019 vs 2020 RR Sport Supercharged

2020 Range Rover Sport Product & Order Guide for USA
    https://www.rangerovers.net/forum/43...guide-usa.html

Premium Member

second google hit when searching for "range rover sport"
    2018 Range Rover SCV8
    2017 Range Rover Sport SCV8 Dynamic
    2017 Range Rover Evoque HSE

5. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

FRESHMAN ROVER

Hi Elrushmo,

I'm new here as well and also interested in picking up a new RRS this year. There's a ton of knowledge on this forum and a lot of helpful people, but I've noticed someone's always going to point you towards the search function.

With that said, I've probably put a solid 50-60 hours into researching the RRS V8 and while the 2020 configuration tool is now live, it's still a little unclear to me what the the exact changes are. From what I can tell, they've basically moved a few driver's assist functions from option to standard, and kept everything else the same. You actually need to locate this under future vehicles as well. Annoyingly, the builder continues to allow you to add options/packages at full price that may include features you've already included based on your trim level or other options so it's still a bit tough to determine the MSRP of what you might really want.

Assuming that the 2019/20 might remain pretty similar, perhaps a few relevant questions might be:

-How long will RR accept custom 2019.5 orders?

-When will the 2020's arrive?

-Should you expect to pick up a 2020 V8s at MSRP or will there be a premium?

-What type of deals will be available on 2019s remaining on the lot when the 2020s arrive? If a 93k RRS will depreciate to around 60% of it's value in 3 years, that's about 12.5 (13%) a year. Given that it would still be a new truck is the dealer or customer taking the bigger end of that hit? Is 10k off reasonable?

-Any good leads out there on solid overviews of the differences between the two years?

SOPHOMORE ROVER

Hi guys! Welcome!
    I bet you’ve built a lot of different configurations of your new car?

This gives the full highlight.
    https://www.ovalnews.com
    Scroll down to the heading / search
    ‘Official 2020 Range Rover Sport updates finally kill InControl Apps, bring new P525 & RIP “Supercharged”’

I generally feel if you’re not in a rush, just wait for 2020. I didn’t feel the discount was aggressive enough to take a current model unit vs waiting for a new one. There’s nothing wrong with taking a current model, but the depreciation is generally higher than what the discounts end up being. Again, just my opinion and it could change if you went to different dealers?

Likewise, if you keep your cars long term then I would def go for a 2019.5 vs 2020 if there aren’t any changes you hate about the 2020.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2018 Range Rover Sport- SVR- Estoril Blue- Cirrus
    2016 Range Rover Sport- V8 Dynamic- Corris Grey- London Tan

FRESHMAN ROVER

Holeecow,

That's an awesome lead and incredibly helpful...definitely going to read cover to cover after work tonight. And you're right, I've spent many an hour playing with both the 2019/2020 configuration tools. I think I've landed on the below build. I've decided on a 2020 as I'll be deploying with the military in a couple months and can take advantage of the deployed military sales program that locks in 10% off MSRP so I'll have both the time to wait and the savings is likely in line with a year old model anyway. Now just need to figure out if paying cash vs financing is insane or not - I know I could put the money to better use, but I kind of just don't want the monthly debt payment.

2020 RRS V8 SC:

-Santorini Black exterior with Ebony/Ebony interior
    -5085 wheels with diamond turned finish
    -Front/rear heated/cooled seats
    -Climate comfort pack
    -Vision assist
    -Meridian 825w
    -Ebony headliner
    -Domestic sockets

Still trying to lock in a couple of the smaller details such as which finisher, whether heated windshield is a benefit or problem and whether premium LR mats are worth it over just getting weathertech.

Thanks again for the great lead.

Quote Originally Posted by Holeecow View Post
    This gives the full highlight.
    https://www.ovalnews.com
    Scroll down to the heading / search
    ‘Official 2020 Range Rover Sport updates finally kill InControl Apps, bring new P525 & RIP “Supercharged”’
    Or just follow the link in the second post on this very thread. While I'm all for the visits to my website(Thanks!), save a click/search and get all you need right here on this site. That link also has the direct link to the full PDF which I'll add here too:

http://cdn.ovalnews.com/pdf/2020-L49...192004.034.pdf

FRESHMAN ROVER

Michaeltw,

Wow - not sure how I missed that second post with the link to the other thread. Apologies for that! After looking at the product guide you posted, I have a couple of quick options questions...should I ask them here or start a build thread? I did search each of them individually and only see results from years ago.

Thanks,

Quote Originally Posted by gwinnr View Post
    Michaeltw,

Wow - not sure how I missed that second post with the link to the other thread. Apologies for that! After looking at the product guide you posted, I have a couple of quick options questions...should I ask them here or start a build thread? I did search each of them individually and only see results from years ago.

Thanks,
    Keep it here and see how it goes

SOPHOMORE ROVER

Quote Originally Posted by michaeltw View Post
    Or just follow the link in the second post on this very thread. While I'm all for the visits to my website(Thanks!), save a click/search and get all you need right here on this site. That link also has the direct link to the full PDF which I'll add here too:

http://cdn.ovalnews.com/pdf/2020-L49...192004.034.pdf
    Wow Michael, I’m really sorry about that? I didn’t see it either for some reason?
    Definitely don’t want to take away from our hype man! Sorry bout that.

On another note, didn’t know it was your website?! keep up the great work! Lots of good info on there.

As for the heated windshield, some people hate it and others don’t mind. I have it and I don’t mind it and I do use it quite a bit. Seeing as you’re from NY you’ll probably find it useful.

I don’t know if you are asking about other options, but it might be worth thinking about the heads up display. If you eventually sell, people like it as an option?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2018 Range Rover Sport- SVR- Estoril Blue- Cirrus
    2016 Range Rover Sport- V8 Dynamic- Corris Grey- London Tan

FRESHMAN ROVER

Excellent

So the only differences from my build above and the autobiography (if you add 4-zone climate and rear cooled seats for ~$700) appears to be soft close doors, 22-way softer seats, and the 360 camera. However, the price difference is roughly 92.5k vs 102k so it seems a lot of that cost is the badge. I don't care much about the difference in seats or soft close doors, but do have an interest in the 360 camera for parking.

Questions:

1) It looks like the only way to get the 360 camera on the V8SC is to either get the autobiography or the $4k Drivers Assist Pack. Is there really no way to get this a la carte? I doesn't look like it's part of the vision assist pack which is odd. Anything I am missing here? I do see from a few threads that it is fairly buggy at times so given that I don't need the autonomous driving features outside of the emergency ones that are standard that would be a lot of cash for one desired feature that might not work properly.

2) What on earth are "Extended" finishers? I can't find the difference between these and standard anywhere.

3) Heated windshield appears to be a non-standard no cost option. That would indicate to me that people don't like having this and I do see that in older threads it messed with vision in certain lights. Is this still the general consensus as it seems like it would be great during winter if not terrible at all other times.

4) Some of the packs appear to be priced the same as last year even has certain features are now standard...is that just how it goes? For example, in the vision assist package, auto high beams and fog lights are standard on the 2020 V8 according to the website so it seems you'd be paying $300+ (as we know HUD is $1300) just to change the color of your ambient lighting (the joke of that is I would probably pay). I've noticed this trend with a couple other packages as well.

Apologies for the sort of mundane questions here - I feel like I need to be fully educated on every aspect of this if I'm going to drop custom build money here.

Thanks in advance for any help.

FRESHMAN ROVER

Excellent

So the only differences from my build above and the autobiography (if you add 4-zone climate and rear cooled seats for ~$700) appears to be soft close doors, 22-way softer seats, and the 360 camera. However, the price difference is roughly 92.5k vs 102k so it seems a lot of that cost is the badge. I don't care much about the difference in seats or soft close doors, but do have an interest in the 360 camera for parking.

Questions:

1) It looks like the only way to get the 360 camera on the V8SC is to either get the autobiography or the $4k Drivers Assist Pack. Is there really no way to get this a la carte? I doesn't look like it's part of the vision assist pack which is odd. Anything I am missing here? I do see from a few threads that it is fairly buggy at times so given that I don't need the autonomous driving features outside of the emergency ones that are standard that would be a lot of cash for one desired feature that might not work properly.

2) What on earth are "Extended" finishers? I can't find the difference between these and standard anywhere.

3) Heated windshield appears to be a non-standard no cost option. That would indicate to me that people don't like having this and I do see that in older threads it messed with vision in certain lights. Is this still the general consensus as it seems like it would be great during winter if not terrible at all other times.

4) Some of the packs appear to be priced the same as last year even has certain features are now standard...is that just how it goes? For example, in the vision assist package, auto high beams and fog lights are standard on the 2020 V8 according to the website so it seems you'd be paying $300+ (as we know HUD is $1300) just to change the color of your ambient lighting (the joke of that is I would probably pay). I've noticed this trend with a couple other packages as well.

Apologies for the sort of mundane questions here - I feel like I need to be fully educated on every aspect of this if I'm going to drop custom build money here.

Thanks in advance for any help.
    1. I don't believe you can get the 360 camera a la carte, you have to order a pack that includes it.

2. Extended finishes mean that the veneer is extended to other surfaces like on the doors, and also adds the front driver's and passenger's side pull out storage pockets on the doors directly under the soft armrest on the door, with the veneer on those pockets.

3. Most dealer-ordered cars up here in MA seem to have the heated windshield. The dealers add it because it's a no-cost option. It's on my wife's CPO 2017 RR SCV8 and I hate it with a passion - I just can't unsee the heating element lines in the glass, especially at night. I deleted it on my ATB build.

4. You're probably right - they certainly aren't lowering the MSRP of the cars when making former options standard.

I was in a similar boat before ordering - I really wanted to like the SCV8, but the seats were a deal-breaker for me. I had to go up to the ATB to get the seats I wanted with the cushion length adjustment, and it was a $10k difference between the RRS ATB and SCV8

The upgrades from the SCV8 to the ATB (from my 2019.5 brochure + build) are:
    • Auto High Beam Assist
    • Semi-aniline leather
    • 22-way seats with front heating/cooling, winged headrests, and heated rear seats (I added massage to the front seats and cooling to the rear seats)
    • Grand black veneer (I changed to extended Dark Grey Oak)
    • Heated steering wheel
    • Configurable ambient interior lighting
    • Premium carpet
    • Gloss black badging and accents all around the exterior
    • Black sliding panoramic roof
    • 3-Zone climate (I upgraded to 4-zone)
    • Soft door close
    • 825w Meridian system

It's up to you whether those things are worth it.
    2019 RRS SCV8 ATB L494, Indus Silver
    2017 Range Rover SCV8 L405, Scotia Gray (wife's car)

FRESHMAN ROVER

dwboston,

Thanks for the detailed feedback. I think I'll likely forgo the 360 camera as a result of no a la carte....just can't justify the cost on that one. I'm actually originally from north of Boston myself so to hear you say you can't stand the heated windshield even with winters like that certainly says a lot. I think I'll have to take a quick look at each at a dealer.

Interesting that the extended finishers adds the additional door storage, I had thought that was only in the SVR for some reason. I'd definitely like to see what that looks like. I know some people think the fridge takes up valuable center console space...does the additional storage in the doors help alleviate that or they don't really add value?

Thanks again

FRESHMAN ROVER

dwboston,

Thanks for the detailed feedback. I think I'll likely forgo the 360 camera as a result of no a la carte....just can't justify the cost on that one. I'm actually originally from north of Boston myself so to hear you say you can't stand the heated windshield even with winters like that certainly says a lot. I think I'll have to take a quick look at each at a dealer.

Interesting that the extended finishers adds the additional door storage, I had thought that was only in the SVR for some reason. I'd definitely like to see what that looks like. I know some people think the fridge takes up valuable center console space...does the additional storage in the doors help alleviate that or they don't really add value?

Thanks again
    The additional storage in the doors is nice, but it's not tall so you can only fit smaller items in there. It's nice to have though. If you do a custom build on the LR USA site, you can see the difference in the picture with the additional storage pockets and without, if you switch back and forth between the regular veneer and the extended finish (at least on the ATB trim level).

360 camera is a must-have for me. The proximity sensors are nice, but the camera adds a lot to the experience and safety. Side note, my rear cross-traffic activated last week for the first time as I was slowly backing out of a parking space with little visibility on either side. It worked really well.

If I had to do it again, I'd probably delete the fridge. It's not the storage space loss but rather my preferred water bottles (Poland Spring 0.5 liters) are just a hair too tall to fit and close the lid. So I don't really use it much.
    2019 RRS SCV8 ATB L494, Indus Silver
    2017 Range Rover SCV8 L405, Scotia Gray (wife's car)

FRESHMAN ROVER

A lot to think about here...just when I thought I had my build spec locked in. Luckily I have a few months to ponder this more before placing an order.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now