Update on the "over the air" software roll out
  1. Welcome to RangeRovers.net – General discussion forum for Range Rovers

Welcome to RangeRovers.net - a website dedicated to all things Range Rovers.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join RangeRovers.net today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Update on the "over the air" software roll out

FRESHMAN ROVER

Update on the "over the air" software roll out

I guess Land Rover corporate is finally realizing that people read things on the internet and flood the dealerships with questions
    This release is just about the I-Pace but I have been told they hope to have it rolled out to everyone by the end of summer.

Reference: SSM74444
    Models: I-PACE / X590
    Title: SOTA availability for Infotainment Master Controller (IMC)
    Category: Diagnostic Software Hardware
    Last modified: 06-Jun-2019 00:00:00
    Symptom: 000102 WDS Patch / Update

Issue:
    The customer may experience a “No update available” message when attempting to update IMC via SOTA despite knowing later versions of software exist due to various social media forums / retailer visits.
    Affected Vehicle Vin Range SADHB2R14K1F60001 – onwards

Cause:
    SOTA for X590 I Pace is currently under testing for the IMC module. This testing has taken place on UK vehicles. This testing has completed its initial phase and will now have a staged roll out through June across all markets before bringing all vehicles and all markets online in July.

Note:
    Further modules are under development and will be the subject of future announcements.

Action:
    Advise customer that SOTA will be available by end of July 2019.
    2018 Range Rover Sport SVR

2. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

FRESHMAN ROVER

Re: Update on the "over the air" software roll out

Just so everyone is on the same page. The SOTA updates will not update major versions. For example, the update that was out and released OTA was an update from 19A to 19A2. Its just for minor updates and you still need to go to a dealer for major updates. A major update example is 19A to 19C.

FYI, 19A2 Topix context:

Update is available only OTA

MC (INFOTAINMENT MASTER CONTROLLER) – SOFTWARE VERSION: S19A_19.11.4-330884, ASSEMBLY PART NUMBER: LX73-19C204-BA (G2379676)
    INCONTROL©️ TOUCH PRO 19A2
    Release Date: 2019-03-26

SOFTWARE RELEASE NOTES
    This release is only available when updating with Software Over The Air (SOTA)
    This Document contains the following information:

New features included in this release
    THE SOFTWARE RELEASE DOES NOT CONTAIN ANY NEW FEATURES.

ISSUES FIXED IN THIS RELEASE
    PARKING AID
    Parking aid audible alerts occasionally not operating after the last 19A software update has been fixed.

(DISCOVERY ONLY)
    AMBIENT LIGHTING
    Ambient lighting will no longer switch off when the Integrated Control Panel is opened

NAVIGATION
    The map screen will now switch from night to day mode automatically

(VELAR ONLY)
    AIR SUSPENSION CONTROL
    Air suspension height control soft buttons now work on the lower touchscreen. These were disabled by the previous 19A software

(VEHICLES WITH REAR HEATED SEATS ONLY)
    REAR HEATED SEATS
    Rear heated seats will no longer be highlighted in the touchscreen when customer is trying to adjust the front seats

KNOWN ISSUES IN THIS RELEASE
    REAR VIEW CAMERA JUDDER
    If the customer is experiencing a camera image not displaying as smoothly as it should be,this update may not fix it. The issue is currently under investigation and should be fixed in the next full software release.

(BRAZILIAN VEHICLES WITH TV)
    TELEVISION
    If the customer is experiencing the front screen going blank after playing the TV for a few minutes and the rear screens report no reception, this update will not fix it. The issue is currently under investigation and should be fixed in the next full software release.

FRESHMAN ROVER

Is 19C the latest software version?

5. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

FRESHMAN ROVER
    19A3 has been released a few days ago. It seems they will unlock SOTA for all cars with this release.

INCONTROL©️ TOUCH PRO 19A3
    Software Release Date: 2019-06-17
    This Document contains the following information:

SOFTWARE OVER THE AIR (SOTA)
    Vehicles will now have SOTA activated as standard previously the user had to activate it on the touchscreen.

ANDROID AUTO
    Improved automatic connection of Android Auto phones.

(CHINESE LANGUAGE ONLY)
    BLUETOOTH®️
    Bluetooth®️ devices will now display their correct names in the source screen.
    'Source' in the Bluetooth®️ screen is now correctly translated

CLIMATE CONTROL
    Fix for 'Climate not available' appearing on the instrument cluster and the climate controls not responding

PARKING AID AND CAMERAS
    If front camera is selected it will no longer be replaced by the parking aid pop up when approaching an obstacle
    Performance improvements for the reverse camera when rapidly switching from reverse to drive to reverse - Note: This issues is not applicable to USA vehicles
    After the front camera view has been automatically activated the user can now use the softkeys at the bottom of the screen to navigate away from this view.

AUDIO
    A customer may complain of popping noises on all sources of audio, this update will not fix it. The issue is currently under investigation and should be fixed in the next full
    software release.

TELEVISION
    If the customer is experiencing the front screen going blank after playing the TV for a few minutes and the rear screens report no reception, this update will not fix it. The
    issue is currently under investigation and should be fixed in the next full software release.

INTRODUCTION

FRESHMAN ROVER

Re 19.20 ("19A3"): The previously chaotic logic between the different parking aids is now better. No more stupid sensor overlay if the cameras are active. But what still isn't gone is a lag of the camera image of approx 0.5 secs. I *think* the judder is gone, but I am not sure. The distortion makes it hard to recognize. It seems smoother. But that delay is really annoying. (Side note: The position of the vehicle on the satnav is also delayed, sometimes more sometimes less. Not any better with 19A3.)

Also, why disable the cameras after 5 or so seconds in D, that's too short in complicated parking situations. Please, JLR. IMHO it's enough to disable the cams if the driving speed crosses a certain threshold, or, by all means, after a minute or so in "D".

FRESHMAN ROVER

I have a 19.5 RR SVR with 19A2 and SOTA active however when I checked for updates it says "No updates available latest version installed" I wonder if it is a delayed rollout or if its only for certain models/year?
    Range Rover Sport SVR 2019.5
    Corris Grey/Ebony/Vintage Tan

FRESHMAN ROVER

At least in Europe, the dealer still has to manually "enable" a specific update in order for the car to find it.

Quote Originally Posted by sglazerSVR19 View Post
    I have a 19.5 RR SVR with 19A2 and SOTA active however when I checked for updates it says "No updates available latest version installed" I wonder if it is a delayed rollout or if its only for certain models/year?
    I’m in the exact same situation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FRESHMAN ROVER

Could someone verify what the Version # is for 19A3?

Just had mine updated and it shows: S19A_19.20.4-363281.

I don't see any release notes for this version.
    2018 RRS HSE Dynamic-Carpathian Grey

2007 RRS HSE-Black

FRESHMAN ROVER

Quote Originally Posted by pmccr8 View Post
    Could someone verify what the Version # is for 19A3?

Just had mine updated and it shows: S19A_19.20.4-363281.

I don't see any release notes for this version.
    I found the info on a UK site. It is 19A3.

Release notes....

IMC (INFOTAINMENT MASTER CONTROLLER) - SOFT WARE VERSION: S19A_19.20.4-363281,
    ASSEMBLY PART NUMBER: LX73-19C204-BB (G2401139)
    INCONTROL© TOUCH PRO 19A3
    Software Release Date: 2019-06-17

SOFTWARE OVER THE AIR (SOTA)
    Vehicles will now have SOTA activated as standard previously the user had to activate it on the touchscreen.
    ANDROID AUTO
    Improved automatic connection of Android Auto phones.
    (CHINESE L ANGUAGE ONLY )
    BLUETOOTH®
    Bluetooth® devices will now display their correct names in the source screen.
    'Source' in the Bluetooth® screen is now correctly translated
    CLIMATE CONTROL
    Fix for 'Climate not available' appearing on the instrument cluster and the climate controls not responding
    PARKING AID AND CAMERAS
    If front camera is selected it will no longer be replaced by the parking aid pop up when approaching an obstacle
    Performance improvements for the reverse camera when rapidly switching from reverse to drive to reverse - Note: This issues is not applicable to USA vehicles
    After the front camera view has been automatically activated the user can now use the softkeys at the bottom of the screen to navigate away from this view.
    AUDIO
    A customer may complain of popping noises on all sources of audio, this update will not fix it. The issue is currently under investigation and should be fixed in the next full
    software release.
    TELEVISION

If the customer is experiencing the front screen going blank after playing the TV for a few minutes and the rear screens report no reception, this update will not fix it. The
    issue is currently under investigation and should be fixed in the next full software release.
    2018 RRS HSE Dynamic-Carpathian Grey

2007 RRS HSE-Black

FRESHMAN ROVER

What worries me is that the camera judder vanished from the list of known issues but definitely isn't fixed in 19a3 (aka 19.20). The image still jumps and is delayed.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now