My Range Rover experiment is about to end - Page 3
  1. Welcome to RangeRovers.net – General discussion forum for Range Rovers

Welcome to RangeRovers.net - a website dedicated to all things Range Rovers.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join RangeRovers.net today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: My Range Rover experiment is about to end

Re: My Range Rover experiment is about to end

Also a newbie to RR. We've had our 2011 HSE over a year now. Knock on wood, the only thing that has gone wrong is a rear caliper hanging up. Obviously we bought it used and with some miles but we have no complaints. Like everyone says, just to get behind the wheel and really enjoy the ride. My wife loves that car. Just over 100K now but still an absolute dream to be on the road with.
    Sam
    2011 RR HSE 5.0L

2. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by markjeansonn View Post
    Was the OP in a 2018, 2019 ... maybe I missed the year model.
    I have had appr. 6 rovers, going all the way back to 1994 Classic.
    Currently, 2008 RRS (even thought the year model is irrelevant here) 109,000 miles, and I just can not kill it, it
    refuses to stop running, handling like a brand new ford, chev, toyota. I want to get rid of it, but can't b/c the
    vehicle always has been and remains completely trustworthy -- towing another vehicle 3000 miles, etc.
    My 2014 RRS with 71,000 miles is also perfect -- NEVER an issue, rides, handles like brand new.
    I'm sure the OP had a lemon. I'm sure Toyota has had lemons before also.
    I own a 2008 RRS with 190K miles and have had similar results. My wife drove it for the first 120K miles (she is not kind to machinery of any type) and I have since adopted it. I'll also admit that I tried to persuade her from purchasing the vehicle initially because I feared the potential maintenance problems that you often hear associated with Land Rovers in general. Since I take care of all maintenance issues in our household, car problems are my problem, not to mention the fact that when she first took the vehicle to the dealer for a "complimentary" 3-month inspection, the service manager tried to sell her (unsuccessfully) OE wiper blades for $350.

In reality, this RRS has been one of the most, if not the most reliable of vehicles I have ever owned. Of course, I have had to deal with the normal milage-related maintenance items anyone would reasonably expect, and I'd say that I do think the original braking system was sufficiently engineered for a vehicle of this weight, but I plan to continue using it as my primary transportation until I start to question its reliability.

I'd also mention that over our 10 years of ownership, we never did any exterior or interior maintenance other than taking it to a car wash occasionally. Last month I purchased an orbital buffer and completely compounded, polished and waxed the exterior and thoroughly cleaned the interior of the car. Other than some cracking in the leather covering the driver's seat and armrest, the car looks exceptional. I won't say brand new, but I will say the original paint job looks as good as it did two years into ownership.

I probably should not be saying things like this for fear of tempting fate. The next time you hear from me I will probably end up telling you that my transmission locked up at 80mph causing me to total the car in the ensuing chaos.

FRESHMAN ROVER

Yes, I agree Bamablue, I have a 2014 RRS Dynamic SCV8, it just turned 63k... No issues what so ever and its been a pleasure to drive. I am a stickler for making sure I keep up with the required maintenance.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

FRESHMAN ROVER
    I’ve had a bunch of Toyotas. Thing with Toyota is the cars will live on with neglected service. I had a 04 Camry with 140k miles that had blown shocks all around, all bushings shot, alignment shot, CEL on always. Still ran good. We were the original owners. Was a turd though. No joy at all. Was a tool.

I’ve had a bunch of range rovers too. These cars need servicing and regular check ups. Which I love to do myself and have no problem doing. Definitely quirky sometimes. At the end of the day you can’t compare them to a Toyota. No comparison in anyway.

Resale value is something I’ve realized you will take a loss on no matter what with high end cars. My last Toyota 2015 Highlander LE base bought for 33k OTD (tax and all) our 10k miles a year later traded it in a year later for 31k.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now