New Order
  1. Welcome to RangeRovers.net – General discussion forum for Range Rovers

Welcome to RangeRovers.net - a website dedicated to all things Range Rovers.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join RangeRovers.net today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: New Order

FRESHMAN ROVER

New Order

Hi everyone,
    I just placed a order for a 2020 Range Rover Sport Autobiagraphy. Dealer says a estimated delivery in mid September. Are they usually 3 -3 1/2 months out from time of acceptance or do they move a little faster?
    Thanks,
    Eric

2. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

FRESHMAN ROVER

Re: New Order

No, that timeline is pretty standard. I placed an order in February and am expecting it to arrive at the dealership on June 21.

FRESHMAN ROVER

Thanks for the info.
    Eric

5. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

FRESHMAN ROVER

Ask the dealer to provide you with a copy of the order they submitted. If the factory picked-up/slotted the order it will have the date for the build and estimated delivery date. If your salesman is guessing about the info then it's a good chance the order is sitting in the system and has not been slotted.

FRESHMAN ROVER

Dealer gave me the build sheet and it has September 15th, I was surprised at the timing. I have ordered Porsches in the past and sometimes the build moves along quicker than anticipated. I will wait and see, thanks for the info.
    Eric

FRESHMAN ROVER

Don't count on the dates getting moved up. Based on my experience since placing my order back in Sep 2019 is that RR is having serious problems, at least with the hybrids. So many changes, cancellations and unknowns makes dealing with RR a real pain.

I have ordered many different makes and models of vehicles from different manufacturers over the years and have never experienced anything quite like the "RR WAY". Their attitude seems to be that they don't care much what their customers think. This will be our second RR and if I have my way, the last regardless of how much I like or dislike the RRS PHEV. My wife has had her heart set on this vehicle so I have been playing the game with them for her. If the vehicle was to be mine I would have said goodbye to RR months ago. It's coming up on a year now and still no word if my "new" order is even slotted for production.

Don't know if my local dealer is partly to blame for the lack of information as well. I have had to be the one to search the internet for information about what has been going on since I placed the order in Sep 2018. Once I find out info from sources like this forum or other contacts I call my salesman and he tells me "your ears must have been ringing I was just getting ready to call you". He has said that same exact phrase to me twice over the past months. I firmly believe my business is not that important to them and if I don't call them when I hear new information is being released by RR I'm convinced I would never hear from him. He has made zero attempts to contact me during this entire process. I have to always track him down to get info. Consequently, I'm not sure I can believe a thing I'm being told.

Sorry... I'll stop ranting now, it's just been so frustrating and it will pain me to write the 100K+ check when/if the vehicle ever is delivered.

FRESHMAN ROVER

I agree with the lack of communication with their customers. As far as the phev most of the folks at the dealership level are not even sure what is going on. Try management or send email to executive offices.
    2019 Range Rover Sport HSE Dynamic

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by ENCT View Post
    Dealer gave me the build sheet and it has September 15th, I was surprised at the timing. I have ordered Porsches in the past and sometimes the build moves along quicker than anticipated. I will wait and see, thanks for the info.
    Eric
    There is a reasonable chance that it will move up. It's worth checking back with the dealer in about a month.
    2018 Range Rover SCV8
    2017 Range Rover Sport SCV8 Dynamic
    2017 Range Rover Evoque HSE

FRESHMAN ROVER

The dealer says he will give me a update every 2 weeks. I am not in a huge rush just excited to have something a little more upscale for my DD.
    Eric

FRESHMAN ROVER

Quote Originally Posted by bill2019 View Post
    I agree with the lack of communication with their customers. As far as the phev most of the folks at the dealership level are not even sure what is going on. Try management or send email to executive offices.
    Considered trying to get in touch with someone at Land Rover HQ's but I don't have any contact info and I assume it would be a waste of time. They don't appear to be giving the dealers any info so I doubt they would tell me anything. I have spoken with customers in other locations in the US that are experiencing the same issue so I don't think my dealer is the problem. I spoke to the sales mgr at my local dealer and he indicated that US dealers are pissed that Land Rover is making them all look like fools to their customers with all the delays and lack of information.

At this point it is becoming apparent that there must be issues with the PHEV vehicles, at least for the US market. Does anyone know if PHEV's are still being built for delivery anywhere? My best guess is that there is an issue with the vehicles meeting emission or some other US spec. The US is a huge market for Land Rover and I can't believe that it is being ignored unless there is a problem other than just simple factory scheduling. We may never know the real story but who knows.

FRESHMAN ROVER

For what it's worth to you or anyone else wondering about delivery dates... On a lark, I emailed my sales rep today and asked if we were still on track for a 6-21 delivery. He responded saying it actually looks like my order will be delivered later today. Not a huge advance, but I'm certainly not going to complain about it.

FRESHMAN ROVER

Now to throw some even more confusion into the mix. Found this youtube video review of the 2020 RRS PHEV. Funny thing is I've been under the impression that none of these vehicles have made it to the US and here is one that has been here since at least April.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aMwqgJXamcc

I see the MY2020 configurator is live now and have a question as I am considering my first JLR product. I am against adaptive cruise control - despise it actually - and wondering if you order a RRS with ACC (Drive Pro or Driver Asst Pack) can it be turned off and traditional cruise control be used or is the only cruise control option the adaptive style? Tried searching forum but could not find anything definitive. Thanks in advance...

FRESHMAN ROVER

Quote Originally Posted by lakelivin View Post
    Now to throw some even more confusion into the mix. Found this youtube video review of the 2020 RRS PHEV. Funny thing is I've been under the impression that none of these vehicles have made it to the US and here is one that has been here since at least April.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aMwqgJXamcc
    Here is my guess... I dont believe that there is anything wrong with the vehicle. I bet it has something to do with importing that equipped vehicle. I am sure it has to do with paper work, clearance and Money. The regulation are a nightmare. Distribution to ROW was much easier, plus giving them a year everywhere else would prove to US regulators that the vehicle is safe (battery/charging wise). I am sure they did not anticipate the push back that they received from US.

Corporate contact info is available if you do a creative search online....
    2019 Range Rover Sport HSE Dynamic

FRESHMAN ROVER

Quote Originally Posted by fxdwg View Post
    I see the MY2020 configurator is live now and have a question as I am considering my first JLR product. I am against adaptive cruise control - despise it actually - and wondering if you order a RRS with ACC (Drive Pro or Driver Asst Pack) can it be turned off and traditional cruise control be used or is the only cruise control option the adaptive style? Tried searching forum but could not find anything definitive. Thanks in advance...
    I think the way to "shut off" ACC and still use cruise control is to set a speed, then hold down the "gap reduce" button which shuts off follow mode. Someone else correct me if I'm wrong.
    2019 RRS SCV8 ATB L494, Indus Silver
    2017 Range Rover SCV8 L405, Scotia Gray (wife's car)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now