Range Rovers Forum banner

Suspension creaking and groaning help!

3K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  RRToadHall 
#1 ·
Hello

I am from the l405 forum but not too many DIY guy or mechanical friendly user are there. I think our trucks have similar air suspension I need some help from you guys.

I am having a problem with my suspension or something related to it after I hit a pothole on the highway today. I notice when I got to work while parking turning the steering wheel at certain angles i was getting a noise from the front of truck like a creaking noise like a old door creaking open.

I put in access mode and noticed when the truck comes down the same creaking noise happens when the driver strut move down and 4x4 mode same thing when it go up.

Later in day I checked and noise gone. After I went for lunch it came back. By the time I got home from work the right side of the truck is now creaking and groaning over small bumps and uneven surface. Also putting it 4x4 and low height the left side makes the creaking and groaning.

I am 99% sure this all started today after hitting the pothole.

I have made videos not sure how to attach but please help me figure this out

See less See more
#4 ·
Well today there is no noise at all and everything running ok. I did notice the front end does making a clunking noise once in a while, I am sure my lower/upper control arms need replacing, I used to have a l405 autobiography swb that had this issue. I also had a l494 td6 that had problem with the air ride it would go down, then go to extended mode, usually 5-6 times of this it would come down.

:?:

i think i will forget about this noise. I am too OCD with my cars it drives me crazy

#5 ·
Take to any tire shop and them inspect for any damages. I doubt you would bend a strut on a pothole. it would have be one heck of deep hole 4" or 5" thick at the rim being pavement and mighty deep from traffic?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.