CD Ripping?
  1. Welcome to RangeRovers.net – General discussion forum for Range Rovers

Welcome to RangeRovers.net - a website dedicated to all things Range Rovers.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join RangeRovers.net today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: CD Ripping?

FRESHMAN ROVER

CD Ripping?

I know we are supposed to be able to rip Original Cd's up to 10gb (NA market) but I have no soft key for it. Instructions say once cd is in there should be an button that shoe the ripping icon but mine does not have it.

Does anyone have any experience with this? Do you have the soft key option or is your's missing? So many things show that you should be able to do it without any model specific info. But it seems that even the techs have no clue about what should be on the vehicles. It is left up to the owners to scramble and do the research to find out for themselves
    2019 Range Rover Sport HSE Dynamic

2. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

FRESHMAN ROVER

Re: CD Ripping?

My recommendation is to give up on trying to rip CDs to your car's music hard drive and instead just use a USB drive with MP3 or other music files on it. CD ripping is also quite slow and requires you to leave your car on.

The USB drives have way more capacity than the available hard drive space, the compressed music files are way smaller, access time is faster, and you will often have better album/track/artist descriptions and album art using the USB stick than trying to rip CDs. Also, if you change cars you can just move your USB stick from an old car to a new car. You can also use an SD card in some cars but I would stick with the USB drive if you can.
    2018 RR Sport SVR

FRESHMAN ROVER

Re: CD Ripping?

I know it takes time and is different but more to the point do you have that option?

Cd quality is better than mp3 plus there are only a few that I have that I would like to have available on demand without having to worry about a thumb drive.

I would just like to know if anyone else does in fact have the option or if there are some with the same missing Softkey.
    2019 Range Rover Sport HSE Dynamic

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now