2018 RRS, seen more of the dealer than the car
  1. Welcome to RangeRovers.net – General discussion forum for Range Rovers

Welcome to RangeRovers.net - a website dedicated to all things Range Rovers.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join RangeRovers.net today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 2018 RRS, seen more of the dealer than the car

2018 RRS, seen more of the dealer than the car

I bought a 2018 RRS Supercharged Dynamic with 7k mileage about a month or so ago. Felt good to buy it, haven't seen much of it since. The soft close doors on both rear doors haven't worked since purchase. They've had to do a full update of all the electronics from multiple quirks, non working cameras, audio / Bluetooth not working. There was a loose screw under the seat somewhere at some point that required them to fix as it came loose during operation and was making a lot of noise. we are on the 3rd try to fix the doors. On our last try they made it so you could not exit the vehicle from the left passenger door at all. Today I went for pickup and you couldn't even shut the back door. I went to test it the first time and it sounded like the inside of the door fell apart when I touched it. I've been driving a loaner more than the car in the last month since purchase. I've never had this happen and I've owned a LOT of cars.

I gotta know... Is this what owning this car will be like? I love the look and the drive... But is this going to be a long term thing? It's brand new... I see a lot of older ones on the roads so I figured that's a good sign, right? I mean come on it's a Range Rover.

I am wondering if I should cut my losses and take the hit on depreciation and buy a Porsche. I want someone to tell me to relax and it will get better ... Will it?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

FRESHMAN ROVER

Re: 2018 RRS, seen more of the dealer than the car

I had one MY2016 TDV6 that never had a single issue. I have two new P400e MY2019 that have both had engine issues every three months approximately.

JUNIOR ROVER

I'll be first to say it. Relax, once they fixed it, you will enjoy it more.
    I'm on my second RRS, never had any issues that they can't fix and all under warranty. My '14 is still rock solid. Granted I don't drive my '19 as much anymore, but other than software updates, I did not have to visit the dealer.
    Any car will have issues, be patient and let the dealer fix it. I do understand the frustration if it's in the shop repeatedly. Let's hop this last time is the charm for you. The way I see it, dealer offers a loaner car (I hope it's a decent JLR model), all I'm loosing is a bit of time and inconvinience. My Teslas have been I the shop more than my RRSs, and I'm still happy with both brands. Granted, my dealers are pretty close to home and work, so not too much of a hassle other than drop off and pickup.
    I think the L494s have a pretty good track record. Of course, with any car forums, you'll hear more about problems vs happy driving, so the issues make more noise and seem to the happening to everybody which is not the case.
    Best of luck to you Johnny P.

-ThinkMac-
    2014 RRS V8SC Dynamic - Corris Grey & Tan
    2019 RRS ATB - Corris Grey & Pimento

5. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

That makes me feel better. I really love the car so that's what I was hoping to hear. I'm having a protective clear wrap installed when I finally do get it back to avoid road rash. I just want to finally enjoy it and stop worrying about it. I'm technical but I am not the guy that's going to troubleshoot things myself because I am so busy work work. I just need the dealer to do their thing so I can do mine thanks for the feedback.

FRESHMAN ROVER

I had some early issues on my 2019 and have several annoying trips to the shop I was able to get it sorted and absolutely love the vehicle. Its hard to be patient when you spend a lot of money on something new but they will work it out.

FRESHMAN ROVER

The dealer never had my car for more than two days so they were alway sefficient at solving things quickly.

FRESHMAN ROVER

Johnny, are you still going back to the same dealership to get your issues fixed? If so and you're still having problems, you may want to try another dealership and see what they come back with. I hope this issue gets resolved quickly for you.
    2016 LR RR SPORT HSE TD6 DIESEL

FRESHMAN ROVER

I feel for you and can only share my experience.
    I was in a similar situation recently with a purchase of a brand new 2019 sport hse dynamic,
    within 2 days I had to go back for issues with Bluetooth, then boot, then door locks, aeb, Bluetooth again.....
    8 weeks of Ownership,4 weeks at repairs, I finally called it quits as I realised it was not going to end any time soon.sold the car and gone back to an amg.
    shame asi loved the car, maybe try a different dealer for repairs in case Selene does not know what they are doing.
    good luck with it and hope it works out.

Very good post JC... I have a 2014 RRS SCV8 Dynamic and have never experienced any issues and It's a pleasure to drive. The only time I have had the RRS in the shop was for the scheduled matainance (Im OCD for timely mantainance). The RRS just turned 62k miles, with no issues at all... Hang in there Johnny P....

I have a 2014 Sport- bought it brand new...I have had nothing but major trouble with it since right before it went out of warranty...since last November, I have only driven it for a short time, because it was always at the dealer being repaired. The short version is that I had a coolant leak indicator light, which they checked and couldn't actually find a leak (that started 2 years ago), so they would just top off the coolant whenever the light would come on. Then, my engine overheated because the coolant had all leaked out...several thousand dollars worth of repairs for a leak they couldn't find when I kept telling them there was a problem. Next, strange noise, turns out I had a bad timing chain...another several thousand dollars...had to get new fuel injectors...alternator and the secondary battery in the back, which I didn't know existed until it ran down! Land Rover North America did pay for half of the timing chain replacement cost...I loved this car, now I hate it and can't wait to get rid of it...too bad because I love the way it drives- when it's working! My advice is don't have one out of warranty if you must have one.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now