% off MSRP of 2020 Range Rover Sport Autobiography P525
  1. Welcome to RangeRovers.net – General discussion forum for Range Rovers

Welcome to RangeRovers.net - a website dedicated to all things Range Rovers.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join RangeRovers.net today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: % off MSRP of 2020 Range Rover Sport Autobiography P525

FRESHMAN ROVER

Question % off MSRP of 2020 Range Rover Sport Autobiography P525

What is a reasonable expectation to receive off of MSRP of a custom build of a 2020 RRS Autobiography P525? My build is ~$110k.

I have bought from this dealership before so a loyalty discount may be available.

If the dealer isn't willing to deal much on price, what other strategies should be considered (i.e., maintenance plans)?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

FRESHMAN ROVER

Re: % off MSRP of 2020 Range Rover Sport Autobiography P525

Quote Originally Posted by umyaya95 View Post
    What is a reasonable expectation to receive off of MSRP of a custom build of a 2020 RRS Autobiography P525? My build is ~$110k.

I have bought from this dealership before so a loyalty discount may be available.

If the dealer isn't willing to deal much on price, what other strategies should be considered (i.e., maintenance plans)?

Everyone experience will be different. However RR and RRS do not get much of a discount. JLR seems to never have incentives, and the dealers dont make a ton on them. My dealer climes he makes 5% on a MSRP sale. (consider the source though). There are places where demand exceeds supply and they sell for MSRP or above on a regular basis, Cali comes to mind. The fact you are not buying off the lot doesn't help the discount situation.

Best advice i can give is know they want to make money, know they (supposedly) make 5% and see if you can get some of that, and/or make it up in your trade.

Premium Member

What Noreaster ^^ says.

The 2020 Sport V8 ATB's invoice is $91,650, its MSRP is $97,500.
    Their cut on options is in the same range. 5% discount will take essentially all they would make on the sale.
    2018 Range Rover SCV8
    2017 Range Rover Sport SCV8 Dynamic
    2017 Range Rover Evoque HSE

5. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

FRESHMAN ROVER

Correct me if I’m wrong, but aren’t these dealerships willing to not make money on the sale of the vehicle, because of the value to them of servicing the vehicle. I would think, that is where the real money on these is.

FRESHMAN ROVER

$2000-$2500 is probably the most you’re going to get off MSRP for a RR or RRS. Even going through a broker they will tell you RR is one of the hardest to get any significant deals on. More so, no dealer anywhere close to me will give you buy rate on a lease. There’s some agreement amongst dealer network on certain cars. They give away lower end models but make their money on the front and backend of the higher end models. Know all your numbers before you shop especially if you’re leasing (residuals, MF, etc).
    2016 Range Rover Sport HST
    2017 Audi Q7 (kids mover)
    2018 Mercedes AMG GT R
    2018 Porsche 991.2 GT3 Touring
    2019 Porsche 991.2 GT3RS Weissach + Mags

2012 Ducati 1199 Panigale S Tricolore
    2018 Ducati 1299 Panigale R Final Edition
    2019 Ducati Panigale V4 R (2019 Delivery)

Quote Originally Posted by Fastcarfreak View Post
    Correct me if I’m wrong, but aren’t these dealerships willing to not make money on the sale of the vehicle, because of the value to them of servicing the vehicle. I would think, that is where the real money on these is.
    Yup, servicing/warranty work and used car sales--that's where the money's at.

Well that and when they charge $10,000 over MSRP like back in 2013 and presumably with the next remodel.
    2016 Range Rover Sport SCV8 Dynamic - Firenze Red/Pimento
    2018 Honda Odyssey Elite - Obsidian Blue/Gray

FRESHMAN ROVER

Quote Originally Posted by Fastcarfreak View Post
    From the perspective of the owner of the dealership, sure.
    However the sales department doesn't get any bonus for taking a loss on a sale just so the service dept can make money. Furthermore, these are not chevys, a buyer will be along shortly and the vehicles will not sit on the lot long, so why take a hit when you dont have to.

The only way you would get a significant savings is IF:
    1) you take from the lot
    2) its end of year, Dec 27th for example, with enough time to close the sale before jan 1
    AND
    3) the dealership needs that 1 extra sale to hit a sales goal. For example if there is a dealer holdback incentive if the dealer sells 300+ in a year and they are at 299 before you walked in.

Outside of that its simply supply and demand, having a relationship with the sales manager helps, but there is only so far that will take you.

1 more thing:
    You are also looking for a discount on the first 2020 to be on the lot. There are people that always need the latest and greatest that will pay extra for that 2020 no one else has yet, that is also working against you. These are usually the people where money is no object as they are writing it off as a business expense anyway.

Man i sound like a dick. Not my intent, just trying to help with proper expectations.

FRESHMAN ROVER

This makes me feel like I have no shot getting a discount on my custom-ordered 2019.5 scheduled for delivery at the end of next month.

FRESHMAN ROVER
    Quote Originally Posted by felipestrong View Post
    This makes me feel like I have no shot getting a discount on my custom-ordered 2019.5 scheduled for delivery at the end of next month.
    You ordered a car without negotiating the price or deal up front? Umm.

This is the problem with custom orders for both parties. You can’t exactly take any car off the lot if you cancel and the dealer may not want to deal with trying to sell a custom order, depending on how custom you went.
    2018 Mercedes AMG GT R

FRESHMAN ROVER

I ordered my 2019.5 RRS ATB back in February. I negotiated a 3.6% discount off MSRP. It helped that we had just purchased a CPO Range Rover for my wife a week earlier from the same dealer.
    2019 RRS SCV8 ATB L494, Indus Silver
    2017 Range Rover SCV8 L405, Scotia Gray (wife's car)

FRESHMAN ROVER

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Vanos View Post
    You ordered a car without negotiating the price or deal up front? Umm.

This is the problem with custom orders for both parties. You can’t exactly take any car off the lot if you cancel and the dealer may not want to deal with trying to sell a custom order, depending on how custom you went.
    The sales guy I was dealing with said something like "we can work out the final price when you take delivery." I said "ok."

FRESHMAN ROVER

The sales guy I was dealing with said something like "we can work out the final price when you take delivery." I said "ok."
    If it's not in writing, it's irrelevant. And we know how this is going to go. I would suggest you work it out NOW before the car arrives. Trust me, once it arrives they have way more leverage and you'll be too emotionally connected to walk away. Plus they'll have buyers lined up for new cars so less incentive for them to give you any special deal if you do walk away.
    2018 Mercedes AMG GT R

FRESHMAN ROVER

How would you suggest I begin the conversation? FWIW, I plan on emailing and asking for the VIN on June 1 (so that I can start trying to get financing with Navy Federal Credit Union prior to even setting foot at the dealership).

FRESHMAN ROVER

How would you suggest I begin the conversation? FWIW, I plan on emailing and asking for the VIN on June 1 (so that I can start trying to get financing with Navy Federal Credit Union prior to even setting foot at the dealership).
    Since you’re going through your own financing then that’s one less thing you need to worry about. You just need to deal with the selling price. Does the dealer know this? If not I would not disclose this and just say you’re not sure if you want to lease or buy (Remember they make $ on the financing as well). Call your SA and state you’re coming in to finalize the pricing. There is no reason to wait. They already know price of the car and their cost. They won’t know residuals or money factors for MY2020 leases yet which is why your focus should just be MSRP. Say you want to make sure the deal is right before the car arrives to make sure it’s worth waiting for as you’re seeing attractive deals on MY19 cars. Then get everything in writing and signed. Good luck.
    2018 Mercedes AMG GT R

FRESHMAN ROVER

Thank you.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now