SVR Questions
  1. Welcome to RangeRovers.net – General discussion forum for Range Rovers

Welcome to RangeRovers.net - a website dedicated to all things Range Rovers.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join RangeRovers.net today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: SVR Questions

SVR Questions

Hello, longtime LR owner (12 years+) here starting to research my next. I’m intrigued by the 2019 SVR and had the pleasure of test driving one recently. There is only 1 in my area and I wasn’t able to spend a lot of time behind the wheel or explore all the features. I followed up with the dealer but they couldn’t answer the below technical questions (not opinion queries) and said they’d get back to me. Couple questions on the 2019 SVR for the knowledgeable members:

Do the 2nd row seats recline?

Do the 2nd row seats slide back further using under seat adjustment bar?

Is the Premium Signature Meridian System worth it? Is there a noticeable difference compared to the standard 825 watt system?

Does anyone miss the folding armrest if you’ve owned other LR? SVR center cubby seemed well positioned....

Has the fixed 2nd row headrest posed a problem for anyone (loading items in the boot - can’t remove the headrests when 2nd row folds down against front seats)?

Do the SVR seats have less functionality / adjustments compared to Autobiography (less the massage option)? I was perfectly comfortable.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

SENIOR ROVER

Re: SVR Questions

Ill answer the two I know.

Do the 2nd row seats slide back further using under seat adjustment bar?

No.

Is the Premium Signature Meridian System worth it? Is there a noticeable difference compared to the standard 825 watt system?

Yes. Its worth it if you are an audiophile. Even if you are not like in my case I had this in my 2014 RRS. I ordered an SVR with it for 15, wound uprejecting that car due to it being delivered in wrong color I didn't choose (their screw up). Anyway I accepted an alternate solution to upgrade to a 2015.5 ATB. It doesnt have the signature Meriadian. Has 825 Watt one instead. There was nothing available so I convinced myself I'd not regret it. Well I did regret giving up the Signature, but after about 3 months you dont notice anymore, and 825 is good enough. But coming from the signature it was a let down fora while. Now I dont miss it, and I will not listen to a car with the signature one or I'll start longing for it. You spend some time with it ( not just on a test drive ); Its the best youll hear in any car.

Hope that helps. If you can get it you should just get it.
    2016 Mercedes Benz AMG-C63S
    2015.5 RRS Autobiography, deployable side steps

FRESHMAN ROVER

I have a 2018 SVR and will give you my opinions.

-- rear seats -- no reclining (my 2018 Velar did that but never used it) or sliding back. never an issue for me.

-- signature meridian -- totally worth it. Do not cheap out and skip this. I've had a lot of cars and this system is really good and I have moments where I think to myself "wow this sounds great". If you are keeping the vehicle 1 year or 5 years or more it doesn't matter. Think of how much time you're in the car and when by yourself you can crank it up and enjoy it. I don't think you have to be an audiophile to enjoy it to be honest, it just adds to the wonderful interior design and driving experience.

-- folding arm rest -- I had these in my 2010 Sport and I was initially disappointed to see the SVR didn't have them, but I don't miss them whatsoever. Your right arm can rest on the center cubby as you mentioned, the position is perfect. And your left arm can go on the lower rest or even the higher ledge by the window for a bit. I tend to move my arm between the two positions for variety. Very comfortable.

-- svr seats -- I've never wanted to adjust the headrests so being fixed is a non issue for me. My 2010 had the adjustable version and I would move the back seat headrests up and down as needed to free up visibility but with the SVR it just never crosses my mind. In general, I find the SVR seats fantastic and the adjustability is just fine for me. However, I'm not a big fat guy with back pain or anything like that so I'm not super about fussy about auto seats. I've seen people complain like crazy and I just don't understand it. The Velar FE I had came with messaging and 22 way adjustments and they were nice but not better than the SVR seats. I love them and can't find anything to dislike about them. But disclaimer here I have not spent time with the Sport autobiography seats at all.

The SVR is just fantastic. LR found a way to make it super fast, sound amazing, luxurious, and practical. Also I added the fixed side steps which are awesome and make it super easy to get in and out especially in tight parking spaces. With the side steps you'll not destroy the seat side bolsters from putting all your weight on them. More popular in Europe than NA but they're great and it actually looks better with them.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

SOPHOMORE ROVER

The rear seats do recline, they do not slide forward or backwards.

Thinking back, I wish I got the signature sound. But I also purposefully didn’t listen to it cause I felt like I’d want it if I did. I feel like 825W in the 2018 was just tighter and better tuned than the MY2016 that I had. Same/similar system, but the MY2016 had a lot of little rattles that kinda annoyed the heck outta me.
    I had the B&W system in my Jaguar XF and if it’s anything like that (from the comments, I think it is) then it’s worth the upgrade.

Head rests have only gotten in the way a bit because of high back car seats/boosters. Other than that they are good and fold almost flat.

Don’t miss the armrests from a function standpoint, but I kinda do from a ‘this is in all range rovers’ standpoint.

There’s a lot more functionality in the autobiography. I haven’t spent an extended amount of time in the autobiography seats, but I don’t feel like the SVR seats are uncomfortable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2018 Range Rover Sport- SVR- Estoril Blue- Cirrus
    2016 Range Rover Sport- V8 Dynamic- Corris Grey- London Tan

SENIOR ROVER

Ha ha had to laugh at they do recline comment.
    Its a negligible amount but honestly not an issue in any sport I know of.
    2016 Mercedes Benz AMG-C63S
    2015.5 RRS Autobiography, deployable side steps

FRESHMAN ROVER

The rear seat slider is only fitted to those vehicles equipped with 3rd row seats.
    2019 Range Rover Sport HSE Dynamic

Thank you for the replies and clarifications. I’m looking to make a decision soon and I’m leaning towards the SVR.

Arrived this morning

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now