20 inch rims on 2014 RRS HSE ???
  1. Welcome to RangeRovers.net – General discussion forum for Range Rovers

Welcome to RangeRovers.net - a website dedicated to all things Range Rovers.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join RangeRovers.net today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 20 inch rims on 2014 RRS HSE ???

FRESHMAN ROVER

20 inch rims on 2014 RRS HSE ???

All right then, apparently nittos or cooper zeon ltz's do not exist for the 21 inch rim.

Are there any issues to worry about if I change my rims on my 2014 RRS HSE, from 21 inch to 20 inch?

mph calibration, braking issues, any issues of concern?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

Re: 20 inch rims on 2014 RRS HSE ???

Shouldn't be any issues, standard size in ZA is 255/55R20.

If you want AT tyres, 275/55R20 should also fit and will give you a bit more sidewall and ground clearance.

Sure, the speedo might be a bit off, but use your GPS or a speedometer app on your phone to find out exactly how much - only relevant for speed cameras anyway

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk
    --
    2010 Defender Puma 90 + BAS remap + Alive IC + Slickshift + Ashcroft ATB rear
    2015 Range Rover Sport Supercharged V8 HSE Dynamic

Defender Puma Workshop Manual: https://bit.ly/2zZ1en9
    Discovery 4 Workshop Manual: https://bit.ly/2zXrtKO
    Range Rover/Sport L320/L322/L494 Workshop Manual: https://bit.ly/2zc58JQ

FRESHMAN ROVER

THANKS naks !

5. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

Here's an idea for getting some 20" rims - go chat with the local dealer, and ask him if he's got any clients taking delivery soonish who want to upgrade to bigger wheels.

You might be able to score a deal on new rims this way.

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk
    --
    2010 Defender Puma 90 + BAS remap + Alive IC + Slickshift + Ashcroft ATB rear
    2015 Range Rover Sport Supercharged V8 HSE Dynamic

Defender Puma Workshop Manual: https://bit.ly/2zZ1en9
    Discovery 4 Workshop Manual: https://bit.ly/2zXrtKO
    Range Rover/Sport L320/L322/L494 Workshop Manual: https://bit.ly/2zc58JQ

FRESHMAN ROVER

Thanks naks. I still have my 2008 RRS with the relatively new Cooper Zeons, so I am going to swap tires/rims.
    I assume only the tire pressure monitors will have to be swapped also -- I'll do that also to make sure -- I'm assuming the 2014 RRS technology will not read the 2008 tire pressure monitors.

FRESHMAN ROVER

I just bought a set of black 20in rims off of another board member on here, and swapped out my 22's. Well, ok... I bought these to be my winter set with dedicated snow tires come winter time, however, the wife and I just wanted to see what it'd look like with the black rims on. And as with any purchase off the interweb, there was hiccups... one rim needed to be refinished (he did disclose that) that was $125 to have repaired, and then the TPM's wouldn't work, and new ones were like $270, for the 4. Needless to say, i'm into these "winter wheels" for more than I had anticipated, and oh, I still have to buy the Blizzaks come October.
    All of that said, the ride from 22's to 20's is almost negligible... and I thought it'd be way "cushier" having that much more sidewall. I was wrong... these ride great. I will put the 22's back on sooner than later, but in the meantime, these came with some Pirelli's that still have great tread on them, so might as well save my brand new Continentals right?

20 inch rims on 2014 RRS HSE ???-img_9794-2-.jpg

FRESHMAN ROVER

Regarding markjeansonn's original question your speedometer is calibrated to the overall diameter of the tires regardless of the size of your wheels so as long as your 20" tires are the same diameter as those on the 21" wheels there shouldn't be any difference in your MPH reading. Discount Tire and Tire Rack have OEM upsize and downsize wheel options that result in the same diameter tire and also list a given tire's size in inches under "specs". I've also noticed there is usually a variety of OEM "take off" wheels listed on Craig's List (at least in larger cities) and Ebay though prices and added shipping make Ebay a bit less economical than what I've seen on Craig's List.

FRESHMAN ROVER

Thanks everyone. Local tire shop is scheduled to do the tire swap tomorrow, and they will be swapping the tire pressure monitors to make sure vehicles are still in sync. I'll see how both vehicles ride after that.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now