19' SVR Exhaust Upgrade
  1. Welcome to RangeRovers.net – General discussion forum for Range Rovers

Welcome to RangeRovers.net - a website dedicated to all things Range Rovers.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join RangeRovers.net today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 19' SVR Exhaust Upgrade

FRESHMAN ROVER

19' SVR Exhaust Upgrade

So i've been driving my SVR for a few months now (since mid January), and i'm not too impressed by its exhaust note. Under load, it sounds very nice, but its rev's are very poor, and it doesn't pop as much as the 17' gen. Quicksilver is still in the makes of a new exhaust for this generation SVR, and i'm also not so sure I wanna spend the money on a full exhaust system. Someone mentioned I do a full res delete, with an x-pipe, but I had some friends say otherwise. What are you thoughts on what I should do?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

FRESHMAN ROVER

Re: 19' SVR Exhaust Upgrade

There's a chap over on RRsportforum that is taking his centre silencer out today so will be good to see what improvements it makes, I'm finding the 2019 far too quiet too, is much quieter than my 2018 model!

SOPHOMORE ROVER

Quote Originally Posted by Lee551247 View Post
    There's a chap over on RRsportforum that is taking his centre silencer out today so will be good to see what improvements it makes, I'm finding the 2019 far too quiet too, is much quieter than my 2018 model!
    I saw the video and it sounds good. I’m worried about drone, which I don’t love. But it’s supposed to be bolt on and bolt off, if needed. I might try it.

I did notice a big difference between 2017 to 2018.
    You’re saying there’s a difference between 2018 and 2019?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2018 Range Rover Sport- SVR- Estoril Blue- Cirrus
    2016 Range Rover Sport- V8 Dynamic- Corris Grey- London Tan

5. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

FRESHMAN ROVER
    Yes there is a massive difference, bet the 2019 is 50% quieter than the 2018 model which is very annoying!

FRESHMAN ROVER

Do you think you could link me to that post? I'd love to hear what that sounds like. Thanks!

FRESHMAN ROVER
    Yes there is a massive difference, bet the 2019 is 50% quieter than the 2018 model which is very annoying!
    I have a 2019 SVR and it sounds plenty loud but I ordered it July 2018. Are you referring to the ‘19.5 model? I just can’t imagine the 2018 can be that much louder than mine.

FRESHMAN ROVER

Can someone link me to the thread of the SVR without the 'silencer' please. Also, I though the 2018 and 2019 were relatively the same? Did they really make it quieter?

FRESHMAN ROVER

At my dealer yesterday someone inferred that there will be no 2020 SVR but instead a SVAutobiography model (like the Velar) will take its place. Perhaps recent toning down of the exhaust is part of that transition process.

FRESHMAN ROVER

Quote Originally Posted by DamonSVR View Post
    Can someone link me to the thread of the SVR without the 'silencer' please. Also, I though the 2018 and 2019 were relatively the same? Did they really make it quieter?
    They put a GPF in the latest SVR so this is what has made it so quiet, the exhaust tips stay bright silver as hardly any carbon comes out of the exhaust due to this either.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now