Range Rovers Forum banner

P400e issues

Tags
issues p400e
25K views 26 replies 17 participants last post by  jimbg 
#1 ·
I have 2 p400e RR Sports.

I just wanted to share with you the issues because clearly they are common to the two vehicles

Both are 2019 MY with same HSE dynamic trim, the only differences between the two cars are the colours, interior trim options and wheels

Vehicle 1:
Glitch infotainment, lags, black screen, apple car play dodgy
Failure of all systems related to headlights e.g. emergency autonomous braking, traffic sign recognition, adaptive headlights etc. Solved after two dealer trips and two software updates
Engine problem yellow light, - was a gas particulate filter problem, lack of regeneration even though it had been doing regeneration cycles. Maybe a hybrid issue in that the engine is barely used in city driving?

Vehicle 2
Complete engine power loss on the motorway, complete black screens everywhere. Engine would not restart. Solved after car was closed and locked for 20 mins and the engineer restarted it and everything worked fine. Dealer couldn't figure it out.

See less See more
#3 ·
Hi
"was a gas particulate filter problem, lack of regeneration even though it had been doing regeneration cycles" but this looks like you have a diesel engine, I thought the P400e has a 2L turbo gasoline...

My friend have a RRS with the 2L (300Hp), same engine that your car should have and his car manual have no mention of "regeneration cycles" :shock:

#5 ·
In Europe, petrol (gas) engines also need a particulate filter, just like diesel engines. My theory is that because of the very occasional use of the petrol engine in city engine cycles, the filter never gets up to temperature to burn off the particulates. When it does get up to temperature e.g. in motorway driving, something is stopping the regeneration from happening properly.

#6 ·
Hi,

I am a new RR Hybrid owner. 2 times I charged the car and confused a bit with the results:

In the first charge, It took 4.5 hours for 100% charge and showed me 31 miles with 100% and unfortunately I did only 7.2 miles with 100% charge.

Today I charged the car with an other charge point , It took again 4.5 hours to charge completely and it showed 25 miles max with 100% charge.

Did anyone test the charge more than twice and if pos could you share the results ( at least the averages) ? I feel, I need to adjust my expectation from EV and Hybrid, or I make a mistake while charging or using the car or my car has a problem with EV and/or Hybrid.

#19 ·
Hi,

I am a new RR Hybrid owner. 2 times I charged the car and confused a bit with the results:

In the first charge, It took 4.5 hours for 100% charge and showed me 31 miles with 100% and unfortunately I did only 7.2 miles with 100% charge.

Today I charged the car with an other charge point , It took again 4.5 hours to charge completely and it showed 25 miles max with 100% charge.

Did anyone test the charge more than twice and if pos could you share the results ( at least the averages) ? I feel, I need to adjust my expectation from EV and Hybrid, or I make a mistake while charging or using the car or my car has a problem with EV and/or Hybrid.
I have same promlems.

#20 ·
My new 2020 RR PHEV had engine light still turned on after 3 times back to dealer service with changing parts. Now in service 4th time and they said that all this model cars in the world will be recalled for new hybride software that will be ready at the end of September 2020. 3 mo ths after buying a new very expensive car, still stuck to service and my lowyer has been dealing with manufacturer. UNRELIABLE CAR!!!!!

#12 ·
You need to go back to the dealer. I do average of 40 to 45 km on it (hybrid not just ev alone). My 100% is sometimes 43 to 50km. This depends on the previous charge. It will be an estimate. Never 7 miles though! From 0 to full charge it takes 7 hrs so you might be using a fast charger right?

#17 ·
Just as a counterpart: Mine is absolutely faultless, MY19, delivered in March 2019.

Blank screens point to telematics to being up to date (15.2 is current). I hear "clicks" after parking but I heard similar clicks at my old x5, and I am pretty sure it is the exhaust system cooling down.

#22 ·
I have 2 p400e RR Sports.

I just wanted to share with you the issues because clearly they are common to the two vehicles

Both are 2019 MY with same HSE dynamic trim, the only differences between the two cars are the colours, interior trim options and wheels

Vehicle 1:
Glitch infotainment, lags, black screen, apple car play dodgy
Failure of all systems related to headlights e.g. emergency autonomous braking, traffic sign recognition, adaptive headlights etc. Solved after two dealer trips and two software updates
Engine problem yellow light, - was a gas particulate filter problem, lack of regeneration even though it had been doing regeneration cycles. Maybe a hybrid issue in that the engine is barely used in city driving?

Vehicle 2
Complete engine power loss on the motorway, complete black screens everywhere. Engine would not restart. Solved after car was closed and locked for 20 mins and the engineer restarted it and everything worked fine. Dealer couldn't figure it out.
My new 2020 RR PHEV had engine light still turned on after 3 times back to dealer service with changing parts. Now in service 4th time and they said that all this model cars in the world will be recalled for new hybride software that will be ready at the end of September 2020. 3 mo ths after buying a new very expensive car, still stuck to service and my lowyer has been dealing with manufacturer. UNRELIABLE CAR!!!!!

#24 ·
The clicking are the relays/MOSFETs in the Power Supply Distribution Box, this not an issue.

The "funny breaks" are break power combined with energy recuperation, this is no issue.

Blank screens are indeed an issue, but one that got really rare since TCU 18.2 is available. I, for one, NEVER experienced this (MY2019.0, TCU 18.2). My only issues with the car are the sat nav going mute from time to time and other minor infotainment software bugs.

#25 ·
I'm having non-stop issues with my P400e. (MY2019)

Apart from the software glitches in the infotainment system (black screens, bugs,...) the car broke down 2 times and needed towing. Twice it was an error in the hybrid system. The first time they changed the battery mgt module which seemed to fix the issue untill today when the car broke down again. After charging, the system gave an error of limited power availability - only exlectrical drivetrain. But the car was not able to drive. After half an hour waiting for assistance the car could started without any problem - no more error messages... unbelievable!

In the 1.5 y ownership the car has been 10 times at the dealer. Mainly for software updates but as well for a panoramic roof swap as it was creaking like hell... adjustment of the trunk ledge, etc

On top of it they took away the functionality to cool/heat the car from the in control remote app. (added security layer to their back-office) Does anyone else experienced this issue? (may be related to Belgium only)

I'm running out of patience with this car...