P400e issues
  1. Welcome to RangeRovers.net – General discussion forum for Range Rovers

Welcome to RangeRovers.net - a website dedicated to all things Range Rovers.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join RangeRovers.net today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: P400e issues

FRESHMAN ROVER

P400e issues

I have 2 p400e RR Sports.

I just wanted to share with you the issues because clearly they are common to the two vehicles

Both are 2019 MY with same HSE dynamic trim, the only differences between the two cars are the colours, interior trim options and wheels

Vehicle 1:
    Glitch infotainment, lags, black screen, apple car play dodgy
    Failure of all systems related to headlights e.g. emergency autonomous braking, traffic sign recognition, adaptive headlights etc. Solved after two dealer trips and two software updates
    Engine problem yellow light, - was a gas particulate filter problem, lack of regeneration even though it had been doing regeneration cycles. Maybe a hybrid issue in that the engine is barely used in city driving?

Vehicle 2
    Complete engine power loss on the motorway, complete black screens everywhere. Engine would not restart. Solved after car was closed and locked for 20 mins and the engineer restarted it and everything worked fine. Dealer couldn't figure it out.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

Premium Member

Re: P400e issues

Thank you for testing them extensively before they arrive in the US.
    Or, more seriously, that sounds bad.
    2018 Range Rover SCV8
    2017 Range Rover Sport SCV8 Dynamic
    2017 Range Rover Evoque HSE

GPS
    FRESHMAN ROVER

Hi
    "was a gas particulate filter problem, lack of regeneration even though it had been doing regeneration cycles" but this looks like you have a diesel engine, I thought the P400e has a 2L turbo gasoline...

My friend have a RRS with the 2L (300Hp), same engine that your car should have and his car manual have no mention of "regeneration cycles"
    RRS 2015 SC Dynamic
    LR4 V8 5.0
    MB500R
    Audi A8 V8 4.2
    LR3 V8 4.4 Italy
    MB500SEL-1992 Italy
    Fiat500 1972 Italy

5. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

FRESHMAN ROVER

The new petrol models have GPF, I have one on a 2019 SVR and the GPF has made it sooo quiet

FRESHMAN ROVER

In Europe, petrol (gas) engines also need a particulate filter, just like diesel engines. My theory is that because of the very occasional use of the petrol engine in city engine cycles, the filter never gets up to temperature to burn off the particulates. When it does get up to temperature e.g. in motorway driving, something is stopping the regeneration from happening properly.

Hi,

I am a new RR Hybrid owner. 2 times I charged the car and confused a bit with the results:

In the first charge, It took 4.5 hours for 100% charge and showed me 31 miles with 100% and unfortunately I did only 7.2 miles with 100% charge.

Today I charged the car with an other charge point , It took again 4.5 hours to charge completely and it showed 25 miles max with 100% charge.

Did anyone test the charge more than twice and if pos could you share the results ( at least the averages) ? I feel, I need to adjust my expectation from EV and Hybrid, or I make a mistake while charging or using the car or my car has a problem with EV and/or Hybrid.

FRESHMAN ROVER

I'm seriously considering dropping my 2020 RR PHEV pre-order and just ordering a Model 3....too many issues with these vehicles.
    2016 Range Rover Diesel
    Fuji White / Almond Interior

FRESHMAN ROVER
    My P400e is faultless (drivetrain) and I only had a regular Service since new from August 2018, arrived around 23.000 mls., now.

FRESHMAN ROVER

I keep getting check engine yellow warning lights, the dealership keeps upgrading control modules, whatever this means... Never seems to work as the light comes on again after refueling, usually after a long journey of 400km or so.

Premium Member

you might just be getting bad gas - try to fill it up elsewhere.
    2018 Range Rover SCV8
    2017 Range Rover Sport SCV8 Dynamic
    2017 Range Rover Evoque HSE

FRESHMAN ROVER

it was at two different gas stations, different companies in different parts of the country. Only happens in the UK, never in Belgium. strange...

FRESHMAN ROVER
    You need to go back to the dealer. I do average of 40 to 45 km on it (hybrid not just ev alone). My 100% is sometimes 43 to 50km. This depends on the previous charge. It will be an estimate. Never 7 miles though! From 0 to full charge it takes 7 hrs so you might be using a fast charger right?

FRESHMAN ROVER
    Hi
    Do you wver hear a owcking noise from the battery at the back when you switch off the engine after a trip? Its a bit odd. Anyone kbows what this is?
    Thanks

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now