Brake Pad Worn
  1. Welcome to RangeRovers.net – General discussion forum for Range Rovers

Welcome to RangeRovers.net - a website dedicated to all things Range Rovers.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join RangeRovers.net today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Brake Pad Worn

FRESHMAN ROVER

Brake Pad Worn

Hello
    My 16 Sport Brake Pad Worn light just show up at 22k miles, Can anyone tell me how much will cost at the dealer?
    Is worth just go to the local shop get it replace.

Thank you

2. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

Dealer will likely tell you to replace pad and rotor. Mine tried to get the rear pads and rotors changed for $900 or so.

I ended up buying a full set of ceramic brakes and having a local tire shop change all four for I think $600 or so all in. Did not change rotors as they were still good.
    2016 Range Rover Sport SCV8 Dynamic - Firenze Red/Pimento
    2018 Honda Odyssey Elite - Obsidian Blue/Gray

FRESHMAN ROVER
    The Rotors looks good, Just wondering how many people get it done in the local shop vs dealer. Like what’s difference.

Thanks

5. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

Re: Brake Pad Worn

I got mine replaced at a local shop. I wanted ceramic pads as I was tired of dealing with the brake dust. I did replace the rotors with OEM ones bought from one of the LRNA dealers.
    2016 RRS Td6 Aintree Green

SOPHOMORE ROVER

I had 4 sets of pads, 4 rotors and 2 sensors replaced by an independent. Cost was approximately 50% of what the dealer quoted.

FRESHMAN ROVER
    The dealer told me $2900 plus tax for front and rear pads, sensors and rotors.

$1400 without the rotors

Local shop $500

Do you guys have any bad experience with the Land Rover dealer? I think they have terrible customer service.

Thank you all

FRESHMAN ROVER
    Thank you all

I've used two Land Rover dealers now that I've moved last year. The first dealer in Florida was good enough for maintenance but when I needed something checked out (air bag light) it was a solid month before they could get me in.

Here in NC there are more dealers in the surrounding areas so I can get in within a week for issues, maintenance has been fine as well. Price hasn't been an issue to date because I have extended warranty and prepaid maintenance.
    2016 Range Rover Sport SCV8 Dynamic - Firenze Red/Pimento
    2018 Honda Odyssey Elite - Obsidian Blue/Gray

Quote Originally Posted by aabcd View Post
    The dealer told me $2900 plus tax for front and rear pads, sensors and rotors.

$1400 without the rotors

Local shop $500

Do you guys have any bad experience with the Land Rover dealer? I think they have terrible customer service.

Thank you all
    I’ve had bad service experiences with the Glen Cove dealer in Long Island, NY. I recommend staying away from them.

That being said, I’ve developed a good relationship with the service folks in West Chester, PA. In fact, my brother who has an Evoque and lives in NY, also makes the drive to the service folks in West Chester, PA because they take care of us. Also, nyc way overcharges as compared to other states if that makes a difference.
    September 2016-present: MY16 RRS SC V8 Dynamic Fuji White/Santorini Black Contrast Roof/Pimento Interior
    March 2016-present: MY16 Mercedes Benz GLA45 AMG Night Black/AMG Red Cut Exclusive Interior (love the AMG performance exhaust!)
    June 2011-February 2016: MY11 RRS HSE Java Black/Ebony Interior (Blown engine at 39K miles due to failed water pump)
    June 2009-June 2011: MY96 LR Discovery I SD7 4.0L V8 Portofino Red/Tan Interior (Sold at 34K miles!)
    Pre 2009: NYC mass transit

FRESHMAN ROVER

what pads did you get? I have been searching for ceramic pads for my 2019 td6. Do they make more noise?

FRESHMAN ROVER

Also at 22k miles and recommended brake pads be replaced. $1300 for front and rear. Luckily I have a pre-paid wear and tear plan that will cover it.

SOPHOMORE ROVER

Hutch,

Disc Italia pads and OEM rotors. Noise is essentially eliminated. Dust is eliminated. Now the pads are a harder material and don't have as much 'bite' as the OEM pads, but there is no perceived loss of stopping power. (I have a RRSC with the brembro system).

FRESHMAN ROVER

I ordered them yesterday. Thanks for the help!

Where did you guys get your Disc Italia pads from? What “noise” are you referring to that has been eliminated?

SOPHOMORE ROVER

Lwesley,

Welcome to the forum.

I purchased DI pads from Brakeworld.com.

The noise I am referring to is the constant squeaking/squealing of the brakes when using them at a low speed. This was really common in some of the older models. I believe that it is much less of a problem in the newer rigs because of changes made to the rotor/pad compounds.

Ceramic pads have much less dust. That has been important for several forum members, as well.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now