Brake Pad Worn - Page 2
  1. Welcome to RangeRovers.net – General discussion forum for Range Rovers

Welcome to RangeRovers.net - a website dedicated to all things Range Rovers.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join RangeRovers.net today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Brake Pad Worn

FRESHMAN ROVER

Re: Brake Pad Worn

The pads I got from Brakeworld didn't fit my 19. The Previous generations apparently all have a pad. I plan to order DI pads again when I know they have ones that will fit. The rears fit but sensors didn't and the fronts were way off.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

FRESHMAN ROVER

I forgot to mention the guys (David and John) at Breakworld were awesome. Give them a call, the reviews on those pads are excellent.

Thanks for the welcome and thanks for the info. I just picked up a 2014 RRS SC with 34k miles and noticed the high amount of brake dust and the squealing noise at low speeds. I thought that’s what you were referring to but wanted to be sure. I’ll check out the DI pads if that seems to be a solution for both.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

BTW...what is it exactly that causes the squealing at low speeds?

Quote Originally Posted by Lwesley28 View Post
    Thanks for the welcome and thanks for the info. I just picked up a 2014 RRS SC with 34k miles and noticed the high amount of brake dust and the squealing noise at low speeds. I thought that’s what you were referring to but wanted to be sure. I’ll check out the DI pads if that seems to be a solution for both.
    I had the slow speed squeaking noise on mine and the dealer fixed it the third time I took them in for the same issue. The first two times they were giving some lame excuses like "heavy vehicle, so that's common, etc..." but I know they tried something and couldn't fix it. Well it's been over a year now and no noise.

Now it's time to change my brakes and I'm looking at the Disc Italia like other folks recommend here. Not sure if I have to change the rotors now though. The dealer said it's always recommended to change pads and rotors together on these rigs. My last brake job was around 30k miles ago at the dealer and they replaced everything. Now I'm at 74k miles. Any suggestions on the rotor replacement? Do I need to buy any other parts like liners, sensors?
    2014 Range Rover Sport SC V8 DynamicSantorini Black Ebony/ Lunar

Oh btw, I have the Brembos. Are any of my above statements false because of this?

FRESHMAN ROVER

No, DI and Brakeworld have you covered

Now that I've bought the DI brake pads and sensors, is it advisable to get it replaced at a LR Indy shop or any repair shop (like Firestone, etc.)?

SOPHOMORE ROVER

I went to an independent guy who did nothing but brakes. The only thing was that I had to place the E-brake into service mode. There is a video floating around the forums here that shows how to do this for the Evoque. The procedure worked for me, but I have a 2013. I understand that this procedure does not work for newer vehicles. I don't know if you can do it on your 2014. I would try to follow the steps on the video. If you are able to enter service mode, then I would have the independent guy do it.

Steve

I called up a few indy shops and couple of them told me they will only replace it with an OEM and one told me they will not take any consumer bought items, they'll order it themselves. There's one shop who said they'll do it but charge me $400 for all 4 pads replacement. That's a total of $816 (400+416 for 4 pads). I think that's on the higher side - guess my dealer's quote was around the same or little more (only thing is the dealer wanted to replace rotors a swell). Coming to that, even this indy shop guy advised me to replace the rotors as well because I might wear the rotors half-way through the pads and he recommends esp. for the V8 SC. I'm confused now

Just to add: brake pads + rotors = $2k from the dealer. Will it void my CPO warranty if any problems arise in the future around the brakes if I replace them with all OEM parts from an Indy shop rather than the dealer?

FRESHMAN ROVER

Quote Originally Posted by badaga View Post
    Just to add: brake pads + rotors = $2k from the dealer. Will it void my CPO warranty if any problems arise in the future around the brakes if I replace them with all OEM parts from an Indy shop rather than the dealer?

I'd like to know this too. My brake light just went on at 23k and I made an appointment, but I'd rather go to a local place for cheaper if it doesn't affect my lease or warranty.
    2017 RRS HSE
    Carpathian Grey
    Espresso/Almond Interior

Quote Originally Posted by joeg6791 View Post
    I'd like to know this too. My brake light just went on at 23k and I made an appointment, but I'd rather go to a local place for cheaper if it doesn't affect my lease or warranty.
    FYI - I replaced mine with OEM rotors and DI pads & sensors at the 2nd local dealer. The reason I say 2nd is because my other dealer I go to regularly said they won't install any after market parts. But the 2nd dealer 30 mins away was okay installing them and was around $200-300 cheaper even if I had bought the pads and rotors with them.

My total was $416 (DI pads & sensors) + $1167 (rotors and installation w 15% discount. w/o discount = $1373) = $1583. Hope this helps.

FRESHMAN ROVER

Quote Originally Posted by badaga View Post
    FYI - I replaced mine with OEM rotors and DI pads & sensors at the 2nd local dealer. The reason I say 2nd is because my other dealer I go to regularly said they won't install any after market parts. But the 2nd dealer 30 mins away was okay installing them and was around $200-300 cheaper even if I had bought the pads and rotors with them.

My total was $416 (DI pads & sensors) + $1167 (rotors and installation w 15% discount. w/o discount = $1373) = $1583. Hope this helps.

Thanks. My dealer wanted 1300 for the rotors and 1000 for the pads. Firestone will do it for 1400.
    2017 RRS HSE
    Carpathian Grey
    Espresso/Almond Interior

Hello All,

A lot of good information here about the brakes and rotors.. If I were to use someone different than the LR Dealer, does it void my warranty? I thought to keep the warranty you must use the dealer, I may be wrong and will review my contract... Thanks

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now