Order placed for RRS Autobiography
  1. Welcome to RangeRovers.net – General discussion forum for Range Rovers

Welcome to RangeRovers.net - a website dedicated to all things Range Rovers.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join RangeRovers.net today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Order placed for RRS Autobiography

FRESHMAN ROVER

Order placed for RRS Autobiography

With a milestone birthday this year, I've been pointing towards 2019 as the year to get exactly what I want in a car (within reason). I was a Honda/Acura guy for many years, then went to Audi back in 2013 when Acura lost its way design-wise. I really like my 2015 NWB A8 (purchased used in early 2017), but it was always meant to be a stopgap car for a few years while I figured out what I really wanted. I've done a lot of research, and came to realize there aren't a lot of vehicles that meet my minimum criteria - ACC, heads-up display, and really good seats (22-way adjustment, massage, etc.). The seats are an absolute must for me - I had an A6 Prestige that I really liked prior to the A8, but the seats were super stiff and the seat bottom was too short - I developed lower back problems a few weeks after getting the car, and never put 2 and 2 together that the seats were hurting my back. I tried PT, chiropractor, exercise, stretching, etc., but none of it helped. When I got the A8 - my back problems stopped. After doing my research, my choices were narrowed down to the A7 and the RRS. I realize they are different vehicles, but they offer similar amenities and features. I would have loved to get another A8, but the A8L is just overkill for my needs (only 1 kid) and Audi doesn't sell the short-wheelbase A8 in the US anymore, except for the S8, which is too much car for my purposes. I like the A7, but I think it's a bit overpriced @ nearly $90k with the 3.0T engine and the options I would want, and I wanted to do it right for this car and not just settle for something that was good enough.

I've been checking the inventory at the local LR dealer for the past month or so, and found a nicely spec'd Supercharged Dynamic in Silicon Silver with Driver Assist, Climate Comfort and Vision Assist, so I set up a test drive for this morning. I went in with an open mind, not knowing what to expect as it's been awhile since I had a SUV, though I've driven my wife's old GL550 many times (which I hated). Let me say that I was simultaneously really impressed and disappointed. I loved the RRS, the way it drove, the options, and the interior - the only thing that let me down was the driver's seat. I spent about 45 minutes in that seat before, during and after the test drive. The quality and construction were great, but I couldn't find a comfortable position no matter what combination of lumbar placement or seat tilt that I tried, and my lower back was starting to get sore. The seat bottom was just not long enough, and the 22-way seats aren't available on the Supercharged Dynamic. At that point I made decision to look at the ATB model. They had a couple of other vehicles on the lot that I checked out to decide on color, and I was able to sit in the 22-way seats in another car and they were perfect. The only quirk when going through the build process was that the ebony/ivory interior on the SD is slightly different than the ATB - on the model I drove the bolsters were ebony but the seats were all ivory, on the ATB the seat back and bottom are ebony and the rest of the seat is ivory, which is fine.

In the end my order was:

• RRS ATB with Dynamic Package - Indus Silver
    • 5007 21" wheels
    • Black Panoramic roof
    • Dark Gray Oak veneer
    • 22-way seats with massage
    • Full size spare
    • Heated and cooled front and rear seats
    • HUD
    • Cabin air ionization
    • Domestic plugs
    • Climate Comfort package
    • Driver Assist
    • Smartphone package
    • Premium interior protection pack
    • Black wheel protection pack

We negotiated the price and will deal with the trade on my A8 when the RRS is delivered. I'm really excited, and even a little shocked at how much my wife was on board with it, though getting her a 2017 CPO L405 the other day probably helped - it also helped with the negotiation with the dealer. This will be my first brand new car in 15 years. Looking forward to hanging around here - I've already learned a lot since joining here in December. Hopefully the wait won't be too long for the car to be built!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

FRESHMAN ROVER

Re: Order placed for RRS Autobiography

Awesome! I too recently placed an order for a RRS--a 2019 RRS V8 Supercharged Dynamic. Did it about a week and a half ago. Sadly it didn't offer the massaged seats. Anyway, care to share what the MSRP is and what you negotiated the price to? Also, please let us know when you get word that your build has actually been submitted to JLR.

FRESHMAN ROVER

Quote Originally Posted by felipestrong View Post
    Awesome! I too recently placed an order for a RRS--a 2019 RRS V8 Supercharged Dynamic. Did it about a week and a half ago. Sadly it didn't offer the massaged seats. Anyway, care to share what the MSRP is and what you negotiated the price to? Also, please let us know when you get word that your build has actually been submitted to JLR.
    The MSRP was $108.5k. I negotiated the KBB fair purchase price for the car. They were initially resistant on a custom order, but we went back and forth a couple of times and came to a fair deal. I think it helped that we had just bought a car from them last week for my wife. It was a pleasant process - no pressure or animosity at all.

I'll update when I hear that the order was submitted. The salesman was looking into whether they could alter a dealer spec'd order that's already in the queue but not yet begun. If that were possible I could see the car delivered in a couple of months. Otherwise it would be May/June. Either way I'm happy. If it comes earlier, it's a bonus.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

FRESHMAN ROVER

Quote Originally Posted by dwboston View Post
    The MSRP was $108.5k. I negotiated the KBB fair purchase price for the car. They were initially resistant on a custom order, but we went back and forth a couple of times and came to a fair deal. I think it helped that we had just bought a car from them last week for my wife. It was a pleasant process - no pressure or animosity at all.

I'll update when I hear that the order was submitted. The salesman was looking into whether they could alter a dealer spec'd order that's already in the queue but not yet begun. If that were possible I could see the car delivered in a couple of months. Otherwise it would be May/June. Either way I'm happy. If it comes earlier, it's a bonus.
    Thank you, this is really helpful. Mine came out with an MSRP of 103k (about 112K after sales tax). I was hoping to shave about 3K off of that price when the car arrives and we start negotiating a deal. You've given me a good starting point, and I appreciate it. And please fo update when you hear the order was submitted... I will plan on doing the same. I'm also hoping for a May/June delivery date as that will give me a couple extra paychecks to put towards the down payment (and the $1600 registration fee my DMV is going to charge me) .

FRESHMAN ROVER

I got the confirm that the build has been submitted to LR. Build date is 3/29. Expected delivery date is 5/3. After driving my wife's 2017 L405 at night a couple of times, I decided to remove the heated windshield from the build. It's just too distracting for me with headlights from oncoming traffic and brake lights in front of me. My car is garaged at home and work so I'm not too worried about not having the heated windshield. The only other change I asked for was if the steering wheel could be ebony instead of ivory - if they can do it great, if not, no big deal.

The build order states it's a 2019.5 model year. When I was placing the order on Saturday, the salesman told me there was a recent bulletin with changes to options for the 2019.5 vehicles. That's where the interior color differences showed up. Hopefully the next 2.5 months go by quick!
    2019 RRS SCV8 ATB L494, Indus Silver (on order)
    2017 Range Rover SCV8 L405, Scotia Gray (wife's car)

FRESHMAN ROVER

Quote Originally Posted by dwboston View Post
    I got the confirm that the build has been submitted to LR. Build date is 3/29. Expected delivery date is 5/3. After driving my wife's 2017 L405 at night a couple of times, I decided to remove the heated windshield from the build. It's just too distracting for me with headlights from oncoming traffic and brake lights in front of me. My car is garaged at home and work so I'm not too worried about not having the heated windshield. The only other change I asked for was if the steering wheel could be ebony instead of ivory - if they can do it great, if not, no big deal.

The build order states it's a 2019.5 model year. When I was placing the order on Saturday, the salesman told me there was a recent bulletin with changes to options for the 2019.5 vehicles. That's where the interior color differences showed up. Hopefully the next 2.5 months go by quick!
    Thanks for the update. I'm going to email my dealership and ask if my build has been submitted.

FRESHMAN ROVER

Quote Originally Posted by felipestrong View Post
    Thanks for the update. I'm going to email my dealership and ask if my build has been submitted.
    I'm pretty sure my dealer altered an order they already had in the queue. The salesman showed me their order queue and there was a dealer spec'd vehicle on the slate for an end of March build. I think they used that slot for my order.

FRESHMAN ROVER

Copy that.

FRESHMAN ROVER
    Did you see a sample of the oak veneer? Or going off the image online?

It looked green to me on the physical sample so we changed that.

FRESHMAN ROVER

Quote Originally Posted by GabelRRS2019 View Post
    Did you see a sample of the oak veneer? Or going off the image online?

It looked green to me on the physical sample so we changed that.
    I did see it - it was in the Silicon Silver SD model that I test drove. It looked fine to me - I didn't notice a greenish tint to it.

FRESHMAN ROVER

I ordered the dark grey oak veneer too on mine. I think it's going to look sweet with the Carpathian grey outside and the ebony/eclipse interior.

FRESHMAN ROVER

My build date was a week ago, so I emailed my salesman today to see if there were any updates available. He got back to me with some good news - my vehicle was put on a ship from England this past Tuesday, so I may see it a week or so early vs. the original date May 5th. He said he might have another update for me late next week after the ship lands in Baltimore. It's good to see JLR is getting things out early - I was a little worried with all of the Brexit drama in England.

FRESHMAN ROVER

Irony: After all that crap in the other thread, we end up with our vehicles on the same ship, and depending on the dealer, could be on the same truck.

FRESHMAN ROVER

BTW: Did your sales person happen to provide the name of the ship?

FRESHMAN ROVER

Quote Originally Posted by Noreaster View Post
    BTW: Did your sales person happen to provide the name of the ship?
    No - I didn't get the name of the ship. It's supposed to arrive in Baltimore mid-to-late next week.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now