Order placed for RRS Autobiography - Page 2
  1. Welcome to RangeRovers.net – General discussion forum for Range Rovers

Welcome to RangeRovers.net - a website dedicated to all things Range Rovers.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join RangeRovers.net today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Order placed for RRS Autobiography

FRESHMAN ROVER

Re: Order placed for RRS Autobiography

FYI: If you get the name of the ship you can track its progress across the pond by using Marinetraffic.com
    2019 Range Rover Sport HSE Dynamic

2. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

FRESHMAN ROVER

Mine is on this boat, looks like its stopping in Halifax and possibly NY before it hits Balti.

https://www.vesselfinder.com/vessels...MMSI-232004294

FRESHMAN ROVER

Car is at the port in Baltimore. Should be at the dealer in another 7-10 days. Can't wait.
    2019 RRS SCV8 ATB L494, Indus Silver
    2017 Range Rover SCV8 L405, Scotia Gray (wife's car)

5. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

FRESHMAN ROVER

Car has left the port and is en route to the dealer. Should be there tonight or tomorrow.

FRESHMAN ROVER
    Car has arrived at the dealer. I came by today to finalize the appraisal of my trade and the final numbers, and the truck had just pulled in so they offloaded it to show me. It looks awesome in person. Just need to pay for it and get the insurance\plates done in the next day or two and take it home.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Order placed for RRS Autobiography-img_20190424_173915_1556142625157.jpg   Order placed for RRS Autobiography-img_20190424_173337_1556142654854.jpg   Order placed for RRS Autobiography-img_20190424_173321_1556142744280.jpg  

FRESHMAN ROVER

LOL such a small world.

This will be my 4th purchase from that dealership, the sales manager Bobby is awesome. My only gripe with them is the detail guys, i swear the buffer is just tossed on the floor between prep jobs. Make your own decisions, but i asked them not to do anything to to paint. No buffing or washing. Its going to Qs car care in burlington for the ceramic treatment.

FRESHMAN ROVER

Quote Originally Posted by Noreaster View Post
    LOL such a small world.

This will be my 4th purchase from that dealership, the sales manager Bobby is awesome. My only gripe with them is the detail guys, i swear the buffer is just tossed on the floor between prep jobs. Make your own decisions, but i asked them not to do anything to to paint. No buffing or washing. Its going to Qs car care in burlington for the ceramic treatment.
    Thanks - it was a pretty good experience as far as car dealerships go. A little too much back and forth on my trade appraisal, but I got the number I wanted and all in it was a pleasant experience. We bought my wife's car from them in February - I ordered this one a week later.

I was able to sit in the car for a few minutes - it looks so much better in person than the pics on my custom build on the LRUSA site. These cars have a really great leather smell with the semi-Aniline leather. I felt like Ricardo Montalban with the rich Corinthian leather.

I asked my salesman to make sure that the latest InControl software was updated before delivery and that OTA updates were turned on. He said that the most recent cars coming from the factory have had the updated software already loaded on them.

FRESHMAN ROVER

She's a beauty!

FRESHMAN ROVER

Picked up the RRS last night and it's a really impressive vehicle. A couple of issues: (1) as soon as I got there the salesman told me that when he went to fill it up with gas the car threw two errors related to the AEB and the lane-keep assist. They took it into the service bay and scanned it, and they are replacing the the forward camera module, which needed to be ordered. The adaptive cruise works fine, so the other two aren't an issue for me at the moment and the car drives fine. (2) InControl software version is 18D. I wanted it to be updated to 19A and have the OTA updates turned on, but it will be done when the car goes back in for the camera module replacement, so not a big deal at the moment.

I didn't notice any acceleration lag with rolling/coasting stops. I'm not a start/stop fan so I shut it off, but one time I forgot and there was no lag.

It's going to take a while to get used to the infotainment system and all of the menus/options. It's so different from Audi it will just take time to adjust. I like Android Auto a lot, but I need to figure out the best place to put the phone & plug it in.

One thing that surprised me is the exhaust note - it's more aggressive than I remembered from the test drive. I'll get used to it, it's just much louder than my A8 4.0T was.

Car is super comfortable and cruises great on the highway. The wheels look amazing - my wife even commented on them and she never notices that stuff. It's an awesome vehicle. I'll post up some pics as soon as it stops raining here - so probably June.

FRESHMAN ROVER

One additional thing I noticed - the steering wheel has changed. The SCV8 car that I test-drove and the renders/pictures of my custom build on the LRUSA site both had the larger steering wheel with the chrome ring all the way around, the perforated leather, and large grip points. The wheel on my car is noticeably smaller, with no chrome ring, no perforated leather, and no large grip points. It's not a deal-breaker but it's slightly disappointing as I preferred the larger wheel. I asked my salesman about it and he claimed that they changed the wheel to make it more "sporty". Pics of the old and new wheel:

Older steering wheel
    Order placed for RRS Autobiography-download-1-.jpg

New steering wheel
    Order placed for RRS Autobiography-img_20190427_100402.jpg

FRESHMAN ROVER

Interesting, whats on your vista order sheet?

032BC Steering Wheel - Leather/Chrome ?

FRESHMAN ROVER

Interesting, whats on your vista order sheet?

032BC Steering Wheel - Leather/Chrome ?
    Yes - that is the steering wheel listed on my sheet under the Derivative Pack section - it's weird. They either changed the wheel for the 2019.5's or put the wrong wheel on.

FRESHMAN ROVER

Quote Originally Posted by dwboston View Post
    Yes - that is the steering wheel listed on my sheet under the Derivative Pack section - it's weird. They either changed the wheel for the 2019.5's or put the wrong wheel on.
    19.5 are supposed to only have changed engine options, removed the V6s added the I6s.
    The description of the steering wheel on the 2020s is interesting, wonder if they ran out of 19s and put 2020s on.

"Heated Leather Steering Wheel w/ Silver Bezel & Satin Chrome Gearshift Paddles,"

Notice silver, not chrome.

FRESHMAN ROVER

19.5 are supposed to only have changed engine options, removed the V6s added the I6s.
    The description of the steering wheel on the 2020s is interesting, wonder if they ran out of 19s and put 2020s on.

"Heated Leather Steering Wheel w/ Silver Bezel & Satin Chrome Gearshift Paddles,"

Notice silver, not chrome.
    The wheel is definitely heated - it must be a new style, as I haven't seen any pictures of other RRS models with this steering wheel. Like I said not a deal breaker, but I really liked the older style wheel.

FRESHMAN ROVER

Geez... I really hope mine comes with the chrome bezel steering wheel that is listed on my build sheet. I actually like it much better than the one they put in yours (which looks more like a full size Range Rover steering wheel).

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now