Problem with Dynamic volume
  1. Welcome to RangeRovers.net – General discussion forum for Range Rovers

Welcome to RangeRovers.net - a website dedicated to all things Range Rovers.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join RangeRovers.net today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Problem with Dynamic volume

FRESHMAN ROVER

Problem with Dynamic volume

Anyone else having any issue with Dynamic volume of the radio not working? I know the volume is supposed to raise and lower as your speed increases but since i have it it never works. Another note is conversation assist seems to be missing from my settings menu. The manual says under settings and features there should be a volume settings soft key but there is no such item under my menu, I am wondering if this was somehow omitted from my software setup or not installed during PDI.

Can anyone tell me if you have either of these settings in your vehicles and/or are they working?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

Re: Problem with Dynamic volume

which year and sound system? sound systems options vary quite a bit across the 5 years of 494s.
    When dealing with yourself, act with your brain
    When dealing others, act with your heart.

FRESHMAN ROVER

2019 rrs hse dynamic.. I listed my vehicle when signing up but it doesnt show up in my profile posting id cant figure out how to list it show it does

5. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

FRESHMAN ROVER

Curious to where this setting is too. I have the high-end Meridian and it drops the volume when park assist kicks in, but I don't see anything for speed-based volume.

In terms of conversation assist, not sure if that is tied to the audio system model, but here is how you adjust it. It works intermittently for me. I can't seem to determine the parameters when it kicks in, even when enabled to "Normal:.

Select All Settings via the SETTINGS pop-up menu. Select Features. Select Volume to access the VOLUME SETTINGS screen and manage the conversation assist feature controls. See SYSTEM SETTINGS.
    Conversation assist offers three options:

1. Off: Touch to switch the system off.
    2. Normal: Touch to select the normal volume level.
    3. High: Touch to select the high volume level.

When active, front passenger voices are reproduced through the rear speakers. The system is disabled when at a standstill and progressively increases with vehicle speed and background noise.

FRESHMAN ROVER

Quote Originally Posted by abokor View Post
    Curious to where this setting is too. I have the high-end Meridian and it drops the volume when park assist kicks in, but I don't see anything for speed-based volume.

In terms of conversation assist, not sure if that is tied to the audio system model, but here is how you adjust it. It works intermittently for me. I can't seem to determine the parameters when it kicks in, even when enabled to "Normal:.

Select All Settings via the SETTINGS pop-up menu. Select Features. Select Volume to access the VOLUME SETTINGS screen and manage the conversation assist feature controls. See SYSTEM SETTINGS.

When active, front passenger voices are reproduced through the rear speakers. The system is disabled when at a standstill and progressively increases with vehicle speed and background noise.

That is really cool.
    .................................................. .

Current: '19 RRS Dynamic Supercharged - Carpathian Grey Ebony/Ebony
    and '19 Audi S4

Past: '16 BMW 340i, '16 Audi SQ5, '15 Lexus IS350, '15 Audi Q5 3.0, '14 Audi S4, '13 Infiniti FX35, '11 Infiniti G37s, '10 Audi A4, '08 Infiniti G35s, '08 Toyota Tacoma, '07 Infiniti G35c, '07 Infiniti FX35, '06 Nissan 350z, '04 Toyota 4Runner, '02 Lexus IS300, '01 Honda Prelude...

FRESHMAN ROVER

yes i read that too but when i go into settings there is no volume option on my menu where is it located in your menu i looked all over and do not see such a setting.
    Quote Originally Posted by abokor View Post

Premium Member

conversation assist is signature system only thing, AFAIK
    2018 Range Rover SCV8
    2017 Range Rover Sport SCV8 Dynamic
    2017 Range Rover Evoque HSE

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now