Anyone with 2018 /19's having remote start issues?
  1. Welcome to RangeRovers.net – General discussion forum for Range Rovers

Welcome to RangeRovers.net - a website dedicated to all things Range Rovers.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join RangeRovers.net today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Anyone with 2018 /19's having remote start issues?

FRESHMAN ROVER

Anyone with 2018 /19's having remote start issues?

I have a 2017 and I believe that was the first year they offered remote start. I have an issue (other have the same thing) where when I try to reload the app (pull down to refresh), it can't see my vehicle. Someone said to unlock then lock it, then after 30 seconds, try again. This works - I guess it wakes the vehicle up even if I drove it 8 hours ago. This ok when it's in my driveway, but not when I'm in meetings all day and want to start my car. Is this only happening on 2017s or are 2018 and 19s having this issue?
    2017 RRS HSE
    Carpathian Grey
    Espresso/Almond Interior

2. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

FRESHMAN ROVER

Re: Anyone with 2018 /19's having remote start issues?

I have a 2019 and do not have any issues with the remote start. The app occasionally logs me out, which is annoying.

The car will sit for at least 8 hours and I can launch the app (without doing anything other than going to the remote start page of the Remote iPhone app and pressing the "start" button), start the car and jump in and drive away as normal (with no other ill effects to InControl or otherwise).

FRESHMAN ROVER

The only other thing I will add is a section in the 2019 user manual that I remember reading. Not sure what it means exactly because I do not see this option in the Remote app or recall seeing it on the car menus. Maybe something to ask your service tech. Sounds like your car is going to "sleep".

The Land Rover InControl Remote smartphone app features enter a low power mode 96 hours after the last engine stop. The low power mode action conserves vehicle battery life.
    When the vehicle is parked for an extended period, e.g., when on vacation, or on a business trip, the user can operate the Wake Up Timer feature. The feature wakes up the Land Rover InControl Remote smartphone app features on a selected date. Battery power is then reserved for the wake up.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

FRESHMAN ROVER

I was having the exact same issue as you describe on my 2017 (same color exterior and interior as you btw) and it was very frustrating. I realized yesterday the reason why nothing was working except for journeys...I was logged out of the nav system in the car. On the screen it said "Welcome <my name>, please log in"

I don't ever remember even logging into the system in the car, but maybe the dealer did it when I purchased the vehicle.

Remote start and lock/unlock works perfectly now first time, every time. I logged out of the phone app a few times by accident, but never realized it may have also logged me off in the car. Good luck!

FRESHMAN ROVER

From time to time I'll look at the nav screen and it is asking me to sign in - it happened yesterday, inf fact. Then today I tried to start the car and it didn't work unless I unlocked and locked it. I'd be curious to see if your issue is truly fixed. I've also see the sleep setting, but that's something different. I drove my car to the gym 2 days ago, so it was awake, worked out for 90 min then tried to start my car remotely and it couldn't find it. Hopefully it's fixed on the newer models. In the summer I don't mind as much, but it's nice to get into a warm car in the winter - especially one that costs as much as ours.
    Last edited by RRToadHall; December 12th, 2018 at 12:26 AM.
    2017 RRS HSE
    Carpathian Grey
    Espresso/Almond Interior

FRESHMAN ROVER

Seems to work perfectly as long as the car is logged in. Do not understand what causes the car to log off as it has done a few times as I know I did not log it off (no idea how to even do that to be honest) - I'll ask the service department on the next visit if there's anything that can be done. Does your data work in the car? Maybe the sim isn't fully secure? Remote start uses the data from the sim.

When the car is logged off, the app just says network delay and then never works.

FRESHMAN ROVER

Quote Originally Posted by BBlattz View Post
    Seems to work perfectly as long as the car is logged in. Do not understand what causes the car to log off as it has done a few times as I know I did not log it off (no idea how to even do that to be honest) - I'll ask the service department on the next visit if there's anything that can be done. Does your data work in the car? Maybe the sim isn't fully secure? Remote start uses the data from the sim.

When the car is logged off, the app just says network delay and then never works.

The SIM is working - data works well. It's just that the car goes to sleep somehow, after a period of time, but when I wake it up by unlocking and locking, it works. I'm wondering what is different on the newer models that is not on the 2017's, because I've seen a lot of 17s with this issue.
    2017 RRS HSE
    Carpathian Grey
    Espresso/Almond Interior

Premium Member

I no longer keep the car logged on in the NAV since I have carplay & remote start works perfectly fine (18 full size and 17 sport both)
    2018 Range Rover SCV8
    2017 Range Rover Sport SCV8 Dynamic
    2017 Range Rover Evoque HSE

FRESHMAN ROVER

I'm not sure what the issue is with mine, then. The car is definitely not talking to the app properly. Yesterday, I got out and locked it then an hour later tried to start it and it said the door was open and the car wasn't locked, but it was. Could this be internal software or something?
    2017 RRS HSE
    Carpathian Grey
    Espresso/Almond Interior

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now