Range Rovers Forum banner

Velocity ap tune experience

20K views 47 replies 26 participants last post by  383vett 
#1 ·
Hey everyone! I just got a 19 rrs v8 and see this tune gets the truck up to a fun up number. My concern is reliability over Time as mine is a lease. I’m not tracking or anything crazy just those fun sprints (to the legal speed limit of course). Has anyone been running this tune for a length of time to give me feedback if any issues have surfaced? Thanks in advance!

#6 ·
Had the tune on my HSE for 10 months, no issues! The tune made it feel like a whole new truck, and the guys at VelocityAP were great to work with. Just got a 2019 Supercharged Dynamic. Enjoying the power of the V8 so far, but I'll probably want more power at some point!

#7 ·
Great to hear the positive experiences. Does anyone know if they plan to eventually offer the ability to keep the handheld flashing tool for 2017MY+?

#9 ·
Thanks bud, appreciate it.

#15 ·
Sent my stock file late Thursday and got the mod files over the weekend. Installed on Sunday night when I got back in town and went for a drive. All I can say is 80HP is very, very noticeable. It was no slouch before, but also didn't seem to be in any great hurry. "Adequate" would be the best way to describe it before vs. now the car seems to drive to redline with a sense of urgency. I jumped on the freeway for a bit, did a u-turn, mashed it on the on-ramp and got to 90 way. way quicker than before. The sluggish throttle response seems better. Still not the same as my 3-Series in Sport Mode, but noticeably improved over stock. Several people have stated this mod really helps bridge the gap between the v6 and v8 and I would agree. For anyone out there with the v6 wanting a bit more power, the Velocity tune is money well spent. Highly recommended.

#17 ·
Now that I've flashed the new tune, I don't expect to use the scanner again unless I have to get a recall fixed. My 2015 is just out of warranty, so will just find a good indy shop that specializes in RR. The only reason to really need the scanner after is for dealer visits, so it's really more of an issue for those of you with newer rigs.

#24 ·
One thing to watch out for with a tune is that it can be overwritten by the dealer with a software update. I had my RRS tuned 6 months after I bought it. It went in for 2 updates, the last one was an airbag software update. Both times, the performance tune needed to be reinstalled.

#26 ·
UPDATE: I ended up emailing VelocityAP directly to ask them if the 2018+ V8 SC tune resulted in the SVR burbles. The response I got was that "If you request burbles when you submit your original file for modification we can add them for you. The exact sound won't be the same, as the SVR has a louder exhaust, but we can induce them in the same way."

#30 ·
Anyone with the tune get the CEL after latest update? Have had the tune for nearly a year without CEL until a week or so after upgrading software. Do not have exact code but service guy immediately asked about coding/tune. Some about non OEM configuration or something.

Should I reflash? Go back to stock and ensure CEL goes off? Do not want to have a different problem hiding behind this code.

#32 ·
Just got and installed VelocityAP a week ago. To me it feels like the standard mode is more like Dynamic, and dynamic is like rocket mode. Hesitation from a stop was not too bad before, but instant now. Also, I noticed when entering the interstate - the acceleration burst is noticeable. Not necessary, but nice boost.

#35 ·
Arclite6, it is a 2014 supercharged V8 (5.0) dynamic.
naks - I might have gone that route if I had not already purchased and installed Quicksilver aftermarket exhaust system, so it is built a bit differently.

#40 ·
Sound clip if you don’t mind?

I want to replace the mid pipe with the F type mid pipe and delete the rear mufflers. With the tune I’m hoping for the same sound from the F type or SVR

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

#45 ·
I just had a VelocityAP tune and Pulley Upgrade completed on my SVR and all i can say is WOW!! My SVR was already fun to drive prior to the tune and pulley upgrade..But now it's just a straight up beast and an absolute to drive.
I can't say enough about how impressed I am with the improved throttle response and increase in HP and TQ. It's almost as much to drive as my Huracan.
Never thought thought I'd say that about an SUV.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.