Velocity ap tune experience - Page 2
  1. Welcome to RangeRovers.net – General discussion forum for Range Rovers

Welcome to RangeRovers.net - a website dedicated to all things Range Rovers.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join RangeRovers.net today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Velocity ap tune experience

FRESHMAN ROVER
    Glad to hear you are enjoying the velocity tune! I’m hoping some folks with 2018+ V8’s will chime in on their impressions as well. Simply concerned about having to use the loaner tool instead of being able to flash at will with my own device.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

FRESHMAN ROVER

Re: Velocity ap tune experience

Now that I've flashed the new tune, I don't expect to use the scanner again unless I have to get a recall fixed. My 2015 is just out of warranty, so will just find a good indy shop that specializes in RR. The only reason to really need the scanner after is for dealer visits, so it's really more of an issue for those of you with newer rigs.

FRESHMAN ROVER

Quote Originally Posted by RRS1984 View Post
    Glad to hear you are enjoying the velocity tune! I’m hoping some folks with 2018+ V8’s will chime in on their impressions as well. Simply concerned about having to use the loaner tool instead of being able to flash at will with my own device.
    Ditto to this. I would also like some people with 2018 V8s to give their impressions.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

FRESHMAN ROVER

Also, can anyone verify whether or not the V8 2018+ tune results in SVR-like burbles when revving?

SGR
    FRESHMAN ROVER

Quote Originally Posted by felipestrong View Post
    Ditto to this. I would also like some people with 2018 V8s to give their impressions.
    Just an FYI. Dealer won't know the car has been tuned when you bring it in for service or an update so you really don't need to remove it when bring it in. I have had mine tuned for almost 4 years and car goes in for regular service all the time as is. They are not looking for it nor can they tell by just driving it around the block a few times before or after service. Nor do they really care from what I have been told by my service guy directly. And I also have the pulley as well.

FRESHMAN ROVER

Quote Originally Posted by SGR View Post
    Just an FYI. Dealer won't know the car has been tuned when you bring it in for service or an update so you really don't need to remove it when bring it in. I have had mine tuned for almost 4 years and car goes in for regular service all the time as is. They are not looking for it nor can they tell by just driving it around the block a few times before or after service. Nor do they really care from what I have been told by my service guy directly. And I also have the pulley as well.
    That's interesting - Audi can tell if a car is tuned or not when they hook it up to VCDS. It throws a "TD1" flag showing that the ECU has been altered, and they use it as grounds to deny warranty service. It's why most folks with Audis who are interested in tunes wait until the cars are out of warranty to do it.
    2019 RRS SCV8 ATB L494, Indus Silver
    2017 Range Rover SCV8 L405, Scotia Gray (wife's car)

FRESHMAN ROVER

Quote Originally Posted by SGR View Post
    Range Rovers do post a code to signify that the ECU has been altered, but the guys at Velocity can program that code to another unknown function, so that it doesn't appear. I just had my 16K service completed and other than the spare tire sensor needing reset there were no other codes that showed.
    2018 RRS V-8 SC Dynamic
    2017 RRS TD6 (buyback)

FRESHMAN ROVER

Quote Originally Posted by JoeDon1962 View Post
    Range Rovers do post a code to signify that the ECU has been altered, but the guys at Velocity can program that code to another unknown function, so that it doesn't appear. I just had my 16K service completed and other than the spare tire sensor needing reset there were no other codes that showed.
    Can you answer the question I posed above... Does the tune result in SVR-like burbles when revving?

In terms of performance, I know earlier you said that it's fun to drive with the tune. Can you elaborate on any specifics? VeloctyAP website says the tune results in 518HP -> 605HP.

One thing to watch out for with a tune is that it can be overwritten by the dealer with a software update. I had my RRS tuned 6 months after I bought it. It went in for 2 updates, the last one was an airbag software update. Both times, the performance tune needed to be reinstalled.

Quote Originally Posted by 383vett View Post
    One thing to watch out for with a tune is that it can be overwritten by the dealer with a software update. I had my RRS tuned 6 months after I bought it. It went in for 2 updates, the last one was an airbag software update. Both times, the performance tune needed to be reinstalled.
    That happened to me once when I needed a software update for the AC condenser fix. Just reloaded the tune file and back to bliss!

2015 HSE SV6 VelocityAP Tune
    2015.5 RRS HSE SCV6

FRESHMAN ROVER

UPDATE: I ended up emailing VelocityAP directly to ask them if the 2018+ V8 SC tune resulted in the SVR burbles. The response I got was that "If you request burbles when you submit your original file for modification we can add them for you. The exact sound won't be the same, as the SVR has a louder exhaust, but we can induce them in the same way."

FRESHMAN ROVER

Can you answer the question I posed above... Does the tune result in SVR-like burbles when revving?

In terms of performance, I know earlier you said that it's fun to drive with the tune. Can you elaborate on any specifics? VeloctyAP website says the tune results in 518HP -> 605HP.

When I received my tune the enhanced exhaust burbles were not available. The acceleration from standing and rolling is much greater. I feel that the throttle response is quicker as well.
    2018 RRS V-8 SC Dynamic
    2017 RRS TD6 (buyback)

FRESHMAN ROVER

UPDATE: I ended up emailing VelocityAP directly to ask them if the 2018+ V8 SC tune resulted in the SVR burbles. The response I got was that "If you request burbles when you submit your original file for modification we can add them for you. The exact sound won't be the same, as the SVR has a louder exhaust, but we can induce them in the same way."
    Mine has the burbles. As they mentioned, not as prominent as the SVR as the exhaust is different, but noticeable enough and adds an element of fun IMO.

FRESHMAN ROVER
    Did you ever get your tune done? I just picked up my 19 V8 and looking to tune it. What are thoughts and experience so far?

FRESHMAN ROVER
    Anyone with the tune get the CEL after latest update? Have had the tune for nearly a year without CEL until a week or so after upgrading software. Do not have exact code but service guy immediately asked about coding/tune. Some about non OEM configuration or something.

Should I reflash? Go back to stock and ensure CEL goes off? Do not want to have a different problem hiding behind this code.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now