p400e review - Page 3
  1. Welcome to RangeRovers.net – General discussion forum for Range Rovers

Welcome to RangeRovers.net - a website dedicated to all things Range Rovers.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join RangeRovers.net today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: p400e review

FRESHMAN ROVER

Re: p400e review

Quote Originally Posted by stemikel View Post
    If this mode of transportation were truly effective, then government subsidies would not be necessary.
    Exactly. It's funny how when the electric car subsidies expire, electric vehicle sales fall off a cliff. But it's not really about efficiency or saving the environment, it's about virtue signaling.
    2019 RRS SCV8 ATB L494, Indus Silver (on order)
    2017 Range Rover SCV8 L405, Scotia Gray (wife's car)

2. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

JUNIOR ROVER

BEV is still in it's infancy. It's definitely the future, automakers are starting to take notice of Tesla. Right now, besides Tesla, there's no infrastructure to support long distance driving. For road-trips, I prefer my Model X to my Sport. The throttle-delay is even more pronounced once you drive EVs. I love my Sport for it's luxury and build quality. Tesla cannot touch JLR in this dept, even the I-Pace is better inside than the Tesla. I will be 1st in line to buy the the 1st Sport or FFRR EV. The incentives are exactly that, to help those that are going to pay extra to offset the R&D cost of first adaptors. But as mainstream manufacturers move toward EV, cost will come down, then will no longer need incentives to win people over. It's crazy that my X cost more than my L494, the X drives and handles better, the L494 is better looking and luxurious. I can't wait for the LandRover EV products, not a fan of the Jaguar I-Pace so far. If the EV version looks and feels like any RangeRover product, and does not add an additional $30k on top of the non EV models, JLR will eat everybody's cake, and hopefully they'll have the weak efficiency issues work out by then (here's looking at you I-Pace).

-ThinkMac-
    2014 RRS V8SC Dynamic - Corris Grey & Tan
    2019 RRS ATB - Corris Grey & Pimento

FRESHMAN ROVER

Having had the P400e for six months now, it is just an amazing vehicle (apart from usual JLR glitches). CHarging infrastructure where I live is quite ok. I can sually charge but the infrastructure needs improving as more people will have ev or phev and so the limited numbers of charging bays will rapidly become insufficient. It is getting to be the case already. Also one issue is that non ev cars are regularly in ev charging spaces here in Belgium. The p400e drives so smoothly, yet has greta performance when yo uneed it. Next car I think I will buy a full fat RR PHEV or a sport p400e again. I will also definitely buy a pure EV RR product if one come sout for city driving like a pure ev Evoque or defender if one comes out.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now