2019 RR sport SVR vs RR Sport V8 Dynamic
  1. Welcome to RangeRovers.net – General discussion forum for Range Rovers

Welcome to RangeRovers.net - a website dedicated to all things Range Rovers.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join RangeRovers.net today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 2019 RR sport SVR vs RR Sport V8 Dynamic

2019 RR sport SVR vs RR Sport V8 Dynamic

I am trying to decide between 2019 V8 dynamic and the 2019 SVR. Any thoughts? SVR is quite a bit more expensive is it worth it?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

FRESHMAN ROVER

Re: 2019 RR sport SVR vs RR Sport V8 Dynamic

I will tell you that I have a 2018 RRS SVR and i am IN LOVE with the car. If you can afford it and you like something sportier I would absolutely get the SVR. The v8 Dynamic is still an amazing vehicle but I would drive them back to back to make your decision. Thats what I did and the SVR won me over.
    2018 Range Rover Sport SVR

cdd
    FRESHMAN ROVER

I had the same dilemma last year and opted for the non-SVR. Ultimately, it wasn't worth the extra ~$30K. Reasons:

• It was my wife's car, and she does not care one bit about the SVR.
    • Both cars have the same powerplant. While I never bothered to find out the specific differences between the two, my experience is that with some minor tweaks (exhaust / engine mapping) I can relatively easily increase the power output of the V8 dynamic to that of a stock SVR if I ever care to do so.
    • With the V8 dynamic, I can (and did) pick only the options I care about. Some of the stuff in the autobiography and SVR I didn't care for, so I just built the V8 dynamic with the stuff that mattered to me.

Of course the SVR is a better performing vehicle but it wasn't worth it for me, and I'd rather use that extra $30K for another vehicle.

Unlimited funds, get the SVR. If not, then I think the V8 dynamic is the better value.

Hope this helps.
    2018 RRS V8SC Dynamic

5. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

JUNIOR ROVER

Was deciding between the SVR and V8SC for myself as well. Ultimately decided on the ATB and not the SVR.

• I really want the massage seats (not available in SVR).
    • I love the exhaust note on the SVR, but wife's not a fan.
    • it's our only ICE car, and don't drive it as much, seems wasted having the SVR in the garage.
    • Velocity Tune will match SVR in horsepower (SVR tuned maxed out at the same as V8SC).
    • We will do some roadtrips on the ATB, so long driving might not be ideal on the SVR (owners let me know if otherwise).

I like the bucket seats, but too bad on the massage feature. If only I can have both.

-ThinkMac-
    2014 RRS V8SC Dynamic - Corris Grey & Tan
    2019 RRS ATB - Corris Grey & Pimento

FRESHMAN ROVER

I would pick the V8 Dynamic because the 20 inch rims fit and then I can use BFGoodrich T/A KO2s in 275/55/20. After that it's ready to go offload while also dealing with winter storms. The BFGoodrich tires make this SUV truly capable.
    2015 Jaguar F-Type V8S
    2016 RRS V8 Dynamic

FRESHMAN ROVER

I have a 2018 SVR and extremely happy I spent the extra for it. It's a truly special vehicle and although the V8 Dynamic has great performance and is on paper a better bang for the buck it's just not the same. The SVR has the amazing interior, front and rear bumper treatments, carbon fiber hood and of course the incredible exhaust. And with the settings it has different personalities. For example if you want more comfort and smooth ride, put in in Auto terrain mode and turn off Active Exhaust and it is very comfortable but with a more subtle deep engine note. Then put it into Dynamic and Sport mode and it turns into a beast. It's extremely satisfying. A luxurious SUV and sports car in one, well sort of. Sporty SUV. Its amazing how Land Rover pulled it off. Every day when approaching my SVR I can't wait to get in and drive and I've never had this kind of excitement over a car and I've owned a lot. Mostly sports sedans and coupes. Anyway just my 2 cents but I can't see how anyone would regret spending the extra for it.

SOPHOMORE ROVER

I used to own an ATB V8SC.
    It was modified and faster than a stock SVR in a straight line- the seats were more comfy and it looked great, but....I ordered the new SVR.

The new SVR looks much more aggressive and unique, especially if you opt for a SVR only colour. The issue with the v8 dynamic/atb etc is that nothing separates it from the entry level RRS. Whereas an estoril blue RRS with a carbon hood for example looks beastly.

The SVR is, as it name suggests, special. If you want a special RRS, well, the SVR is a special as it gets. Sure you can tune the other RRS to be just as quick in a straight line, but this isn't about being just quick. The Jeep trackhawk would mince the SVR in a race, but, well, it is a Jeep lol. So too would the new Cayenne Turbo, but not much separates it looks wise from the standard Cayenne....oh and it sounds so-so.

The SVR is a balance between luxury, speed, looks and sound. I don't think any other SUV quite achieves the same balance, similarly, I don't think any other SUV comes close to the SVR as an overall and complete package.

I guess the only reason not to get the SVR would be $$, or perhaps, the car is too loud for some (both in terms of looks and sound). Perhaps that answers your question..if you want a truly special SUV and can afford it, get the SVR. If you want a great SUV in its own right, go for the normal V8SC.
    2016 MB GLE 63s Coupe
    2017 Porsche 911 Turbo
    2018 Nissan GTR Nismo Edition
    2018 Lamborghini Aventador S Roadster
    2019 Range Rover Sport SVR (On order)

I love mine and found it totally worth it.
    Current Stable:
    2018 RRS SVR, Black on Black
    2017 Ferrari 488, Black
    2016 BMW 340ix Dinan Stage 3, 6MT
    2015 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited, Highly Modified, 6MT
    2011 Audi R8 V10 Spyder, 6 MT
    2009 997 Turbo Cab, Black, 6MT

Past Rovers:
    2014 RRS ATB, Corris Grey

FRESHMAN ROVER

I have the V8SC Dynamic - absolutely love it. Looks phenomenal - all the car guys at work comment on how it's their favorite truck in the lot. Had it tuned and it's just as fast as the SVR, the exhaust note is fantastic (perfect low growl, loud but not too loud). But... I wish I would've gotten the SVR lol. As some have said, just something a little more special about it. If you can afford it go for the SVR. If not you'll love the SC.

If money is not an issue I'd go with the SVR. I think the only complaints I've read on this forum concerning the SVR are that the seats may not be as comfortable, or I guess if one is wanting to go off-road it's not the best option. I've never been in one though but just echoing what others have said.

I love my SCV8 but when I see other SCV8's I just think cool. When I see an SVR (has only happened twice), I think wow!

With that said it's not for me. If I'm spending that much coin, I'm getting the full size SCV8.
    2016 Range Rover Sport SCV8 Dynamic - Firenze Red/Pimento
    2018 Honda Odyssey Elite - Obsidian Blue/Gray

SOPHOMORE ROVER

Quote Originally Posted by GTRR View Post
    I used to own an ATB V8SC.
    It was modified and faster than a stock SVR in a straight line- the seats were more comfy and it looked great, but....I ordered the new SVR.

The new SVR looks much more aggressive and unique, especially if you opt for a SVR only colour. The issue with the v8 dynamic/atb etc is that nothing separates it from the entry level RRS. Whereas an estoril blue RRS with a carbon hood for example looks beastly.

The SVR is, as it name suggests, special. If you want a special RRS, well, the SVR is a special as it gets. Sure you can tune the other RRS to be just as quick in a straight line, but this isn't about being just quick. The Jeep trackhawk would mince the SVR in a race, but, well, it is a Jeep lol. So too would the new Cayenne Turbo, but not much separates it looks wise from the standard Cayenne....oh and it sounds so-so.

The SVR is a balance between luxury, speed, looks and sound. I don't think any other SUV quite achieves the same balance, similarly, I don't think any other SUV comes close to the SVR as an overall and complete package.

I guess the only reason not to get the SVR would be $$, or perhaps, the car is too loud for some (both in terms of looks and sound). Perhaps that answers your question..if you want a truly special SUV and can afford it, get the SVR. If you want a great SUV in its own right, go for the normal V8SC.
    I totally agree with this. Some of my friends are like-
    track hawk is faster
    X5M is faster and luxurious too
    Tune and get an exhaust and be faster and more budget friendly
    etc etc etc.
    But then they drive it and they giggle like school boys. Then they get it. Lol
    I had the same dilemma. I purchased a 2016 V8 dynamic and loved it. But was longing for a bit more. I ended up selling the V8 dynamic and getting the SVR.

If you’re into sportier cars, then get the SVR. If you’re not then go for V8 dynamic.

On a side:
    2018 (probably be the same for 2019) the active exhaust isn’t as loud as previous years (it’s still really loud). My wife drives the car in comfort mode and doesn’t really think there’s much difference between the v8 and the new SVR.

If you have kids with car seats, the new SVR seats are quite a bit thinner. It helped with fitting 3 across for me. ESP, my rear facing seats

If you like the Estoril blue, you can get Velocity blue and it’s quite similar?

Good luck with the choice!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2018 Range Rover Sport- SVR- Estoril Blue- Cirrus
    2016 Range Rover Sport- V8 Dynamic- Corris Grey- London Tan

FRESHMAN ROVER

Quote Originally Posted by enfield View Post
    I would pick the V8 Dynamic because the 20 inch rims fit and then I can use BFGoodrich T/A KO2s in 275/55/20. After that it's ready to go offload while also dealing with winter storms. The BFGoodrich tires make this SUV truly capable.
    I could be wrong, but I believe the SVR and the 5.0 S/C models both (at least, in the US) come with 380/365 front/rear rotors w/ 6-pot/4-pot calipers. In TOPIx, they're referred to as "High Performance Brakes".

Maybe there's some larger airflow ducting but I'd imagine if there is, it could be trimmed or maybe replaced w/ non-SVR aero scoopery. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    2018 L494 5.0 S/C Dynamic (died)
    2018 JL Wrangler Rubicon

The sum is greater than its parts. I was fine with my autobiography until I test drove an SVR.
    2019 RRS SVR (balmoral blue)
    1997 Range Rover 4.0 SE
    2018 Discovery (Byron Blue)
    2015 Aston Martin V12 Vantage S (Silver)
    2003 Porsche 911 C4 Cabriolet (black)
    1991 Porsche 944 S2 cabriolet (white)
    1986 Alfa Romeo Spider Graduate (white)

Prior LRs: 2015 RRS ATB (santorini black), 2012 LR4 (Fuji white), 2011 RR SC (Santorini), 2008 RR HSE (Santorini) (RIP, along with 2005 Elise), 2006 RRS HSE (Giverny), 2002 RR HSE (Java), 2005 RR HSE (Java), 2005 LR3 (Zermatt), 2007 LR3 (chawton white)

FRESHMAN ROVER

SVR almost feels like a different model to me, been around them all. LOVE my 18!

FRESHMAN ROVER

Where can I find out more about the Velocity Tune? Just ordered a 2019 RRS Autobiography and would love to boost the power a tad and deepen the exhaust note.

Quote Originally Posted by ithinkmac View Post
    Was deciding between the SVR and V8SC for myself as well. Ultimately decided on the ATB and not the SVR.

• I really want the massage seats (not available in SVR).
    • I love the exhaust note on the SVR, but wife's not a fan.
    • it's our only ICE car, and don't drive it as much, seems wasted having the SVR in the garage.
    • Velocity Tune will match SVR in horsepower (SVR tuned maxed out at the same as V8SC).
    • We will do some roadtrips on the ATB, so long driving might not be ideal on the SVR (owners let me know if otherwise).

I like the bucket seats, but too bad on the massage feature. If only I can have both.

-ThinkMac-

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now