2018 sport - throttle delay - Page 6
  1. Welcome to RangeRovers.net – General discussion forum for Range Rovers

Welcome to RangeRovers.net - a website dedicated to all things Range Rovers.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join RangeRovers.net today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6

Thread: 2018 sport - throttle delay

FRESHMAN ROVER

Re: 2018 sport - throttle delay

Quote Originally Posted by bill2019 View Post
    Dont know how this thread turned into a Update thread......

I would really like to hear if anyone else had the fix done or if they plan on going in... I was loving the new feel of my rig up until Tuesday when I had to bring it in for several little things. Its been there since then and not sure when i'm getting it back. Probably going to have to go the weekend without it. Just as nice weather kicked in and I want to take it to the beach fishing.....ughhh.

Also has anyone inquired about the v8?
    Ha! sorry about that.

Since you had a lot of information that makes most dealers just look at people funny, has anyone mentioned to you about the V8s? I am hesitant to talk to the dealer just yet as i am still breaking in the motor and have not pushed it, and am not ready to start the process of explaining it to them. They know what is in topix, if it its not in that system, they are useless and i can just see the guys face when i try to reference a v6 doc. To be honest, the slow ramp up of torque is nice on a motor that is just starting its life. Once i have 500 or 1k miles on it ill ask and get the latest ICTP update while its there.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

FRESHMAN ROVER

Sure I dont blame you I really didnt even want to bring mine in this early. after 4 months I only had 500 miles on it because I was so uncomfortable with the delay. all I wanted to do is drive it figures now that it is fixed The truck is gonna be in the shop for a week. Im still loving the new car smell, My f pace just as new and I made the mistake of bringing it in and after they scratched it and began repainting it when all i asked them to do was buff it out(I could and should have done it myself). and now all I smell is paint fumes for the last 2 months.

I personally never drove the v8 to see how much of a difference there was in the delay but if you do notice it bring it to their attention and show that you really dont want to live with it. They know what adjustments they made over the years and i am sure it was done to the v8. The curious thing about it the fix removed that slight peddle delay from dead stop. the same that people were buying a throttle enhancement device for like peddle commander. so I think all of them now have that delay including the v8's and if they do than there was a adjustment made throughout the years.

I will be looking in to it for anyone who has a v8 might be a little trickier since I own the v6, but i will do my best.

By the way how's your rig? You loving it yet
    2019 Range Rover Sport HSE Dynamic

FRESHMAN ROVER

By the way how's your rig? You loving it yet
    I am still adjusting to the downsize. But yeah, its fun to drive. There are some things i would have done different knowing what i know now. Perhaps ill start a tread so this one is not derailed too far....

5. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

Premium Member

I will be looking in to it for anyone who has a v8 might be a little trickier since I own the v6, but i will do my best.
    Still waiting on the V8 update for the torque delay. My dealer knows I am dying for it, so hopefully they let me know as soon as it's available. Since I first asked in March, it's always been "just a couple more weeks". I'm told they're working on it, but....

FRESHMAN ROVER

would you happen to know the Calibration ID: and the Calibration Verification numbers of your ECM and TCM

Perhaps it was on a previous Repair Order or If you have a scan tool you can view ECU information

Premium Member

would you happen to know the Calibration ID: and the Calibration Verification numbers of your ECM and TCM

Perhaps it was on a previous Repair Order or If you have a scan tool you can view ECU information
    Sorry I don't get notifications from this site, for some reason. I will check my last work order for those numbers when I get home. Also, what about aftermarket tunes? Would a company like Velocity AP be able to rewrite the tune to pull out this throttle delay?

FRESHMAN ROVER
    Had the update done. Nice fix. I HIGHLY recommend this for anyone that has the V6. Much less delay during slow speed, low RPM pulls out into traffic

FRESHMAN ROVER

Quote Originally Posted by mm737cap View Post
    Had the update done. Nice fix. I HIGHLY recommend this for anyone that has the V6. Much less delay during slow speed, low RPM pulls out into traffic
    What year is your vehicle? I tried to inform my local LR dealer, but they didn't seem to know what I was talking about. Do you know which version you updated to?
    __________________________________________________ ______________________
    2014 RRS V6 Supercharged, Fuji White

FRESHMAN ROVER

Quote Originally Posted by SCar View Post
    What year is your vehicle? I tried to inform my local LR dealer, but they didn't seem to know what I was talking about. Do you know which version you updated to?
    All relevant info and links ( ssm, slides)have been posted either here or the 405 thread with similar topic by me.
    By now all dealers should know about the issue and fix it was in pathfinders update the week of may 15th

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now