2018 sport - throttle delay - Page 3
  1. Welcome to RangeRovers.net – General discussion forum for Range Rovers

Welcome to RangeRovers.net - a website dedicated to all things Range Rovers.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join RangeRovers.net today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: 2018 sport - throttle delay

FRESHMAN ROVER

Re: 2018 sport - throttle delay

its not as simple as that... Its a known issue and has nothing to do with auto stop/start my last post included a link to the jlr ssm about the issue.
    2019 Range Rover Sport HSE Dynamic

2. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

FRESHMAN ROVER

so, I've had this car now for exactly 2 weeks... and this IS a very noticeable, very concerning issue with this car. In my particular case, I am coming out of a Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT, so my gas peddle in that car did what it was supposed to, however, this gas peddle does NOT do what it's supposed to. It's so bad, that you go down on gas, nothing really happens, so then you go down harder on the gas until you're out of way of traffic, and the car lunges forward, throwing any cargo or items you may have in car all over the place. HOPEFULLY JLR is present on these forums, and this gets addressed sooner than later. Like perhaps this supposed software update on April 1, would be great..

FRESHMAN ROVER

How does one track if there are updates for the particular model and spec for your truck? I assume the fix you are discussing is not the same as the infotainment updates, correct?

The dealers are not proactive about letting existing owners know about updates - for example, I had no idea 19A was out and would like to understand what's included and should I go demand the update.

Also, in the post by bill2019, the link indicates to "raise a EPQR". Do user complaints help drive this to reality?
    --------------------------------
    2019 Range Rover Sport SVR

5. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

FRESHMAN ROVER

Quote Originally Posted by abokor View Post
    How does one track if there are updates for the particular model and spec for your truck? I assume the fix you are discussing is not the same as the infotainment updates, correct?

The dealers are not proactive about letting existing owners know about updates - for example, I had no idea 19A was out and would like to understand what's included and should I go demand the update.

Also, in the post by bill2019, the link indicates to "raise a EPQR". Do user complaints help drive this to reality?
    From what i have gathered the issue is all because if towing torque But i think they screwed up when programming the curves. The transmission is capable of kicking in right away just like it does on the jaguars but Jaguars were not meant for towing and if you had the transmission kick in hard and you were towing that would destroy the transmission. They wanted to keep the towing capacity up. With that said they should have had multiple adaptations for those who tow and those who dont. like if you ordered the tow package and if you did not make the customer know that if you do want to tow in the future you will be restricted or have to have an upgrade performed.

Why I and so many others are upset about this is they have known about this problem for years and just sat on it. they had many opportunities to change things and have not, instead they kept telling dealers to say its within specs and nothing can be done. some have opted to not pick up there vehicle after service not fixing the issue (this will be me if the no fix comes). this is why they said at the bottom of the SSM if that would happen they would have to open a case fill with JLR.

To answer your question as to how you find out..... You really have to do research, they will not be forthcoming unless there is a problem or the new update is recall status. One way to stay up on things is to sign up for topix as a individual repairer and monitor all the SSM and Technical bulletins. You will only be able to see the headings unless you have a paid subscription but it will give you a heads up to look into it further.

you are in the us so you can also go to https://www.nhtsa.gov/recalls and enter your year and make and you will be able to view any TSB that pertain to your vehicle. Now they are like two months behind with the updates as of today they only have up to the end of January. After they post the newest ones it can take a week or so before they have added the actual SSM document that relates to it. so check back often.

Now to your final question about opening a complaint. Yes you should open a complaint so you are on file doing so will require them to answer to it and even if they dont fix it you have covered yourself with notifying them.

FRESHMAN ROVER
    It's important to file an NHTSA complaint in the US if anyone has had a situation where safety was compromised due to this issue. The NHTSA will pay attention if enough owners report issues where the car basically refused to respond when pulling into traffic and put them in danger.
    2019 RRS SCV8 ATB L494, Indus Silver
    2017 Range Rover SCV8 L405, Scotia Gray (wife's car)

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by rickchitown View Post
    this gas peddle does NOT do what it's supposed to. It's so bad, that you go down on gas, nothing really happens, so then you go down harder on the gas until you're out of way of traffic, and the car lunges forward, throwing any cargo or items you may have in car all over the place. HOPEFULLY JLR is present on these forums, and this gets addressed sooner than later. Like perhaps this supposed software update on April 1, would be great..
    Same issue with my 2015 SC V8. Hopefully they come up with a solution and someone posts it here. The throttle delay is really annoying, and sometimes dangerous.

FRESHMAN ROVER
    While waiting for my 2019.5 RRS ATB to be built and delivered I've been checking out the Audi Q8 forum over at Audiworld and found something interesting. The owners over there are complaining about the same thing. The throttle lags noticeably from rolling/incomplete stops. They're convinced it's the start/stop system. I'm interested to see what the upcoming software update from JLR does, if anything.

Its happened to me too multiple times, 2018 RRS SC. Just filed a NHTSA complaint.

I'm glad I found this forum. I too have this exact same issue. I have a 2018 HSE Dynamic and this lag is terrible. As other's have mentioned, it happens when you are rolling into a turn and not stopped entirely (for ex. a left turn not completely stopped or green right turn). Then, when it finally does kick in, it jerks - although probably because it forces you to put the pedal down to move. This seriously drives me insane and it is dangerous. I have been told from my dealer that a fix is coming this month (in April 2019) but I'm not holding my breath. If anyone has a fix that would be great.

FRESHMAN ROVER

Quote Originally Posted by Rover19 View Post
    I'm glad I found this forum. I too have this exact same issue. I have a 2018 HSE Dynamic and this lag is terrible. As other's have mentioned, it happens when you are rolling into a turn and not stopped entirely (for ex. a left turn not completely stopped or green right turn). Then, when it finally does kick in, it jerks - although probably because it forces you to put the pedal down to move. This seriously drives me insane and it is dangerous. I have been told from my dealer that a fix is coming this month (in April 2019) but I'm not holding my breath. If anyone has a fix that would be great.
    Unfortunately there's not really just a fix that any of us can just do to the car. Otherwise someone would have posted, and we'd have done it by now... like years ago, that is apparently how long this has been going on. Having had my RRS now for almost 2 mos, I CAN say, you kind of get used to it, and just know to not try to drive these cars aggressively, or pull into traffic, until all clear. Perhaps JLR just wants us all to drive like miss daisy, not sure. And when I say you get used to it, nowhere in that statement do I say it's ANY safer. It's still a very serious, annoying & dangerous issue with an otherwise remarkable.
    I have NOT opened my complaint with the NHTSA, but plan to do so soon, just to be on record.

FRESHMAN ROVER

Unfortunately there's not really just a fix that any of us can just do to the car. Otherwise someone would have posted, and we'd have done it by now... like years ago, that is apparently how long this has been going on. Having had my RRS now for almost 2 mos, I CAN say, you kind of get used to it, and just know to not try to drive these cars aggressively, or pull into traffic, until all clear. Perhaps JLR just wants us all to drive like miss daisy, not sure. And when I say you get used to it, nowhere in that statement do I say it's ANY safer. It's still a very serious, annoying & dangerous issue with an otherwise remarkable.
    I have NOT opened my complaint with the NHTSA, but plan to do so soon, just to be on record.
    There is a fix and it's already been released. One of the mods over on the L405 sub-forum has it installed and reports it fixes his lag issues.

See post here: https://www.rangerovers.net/forum/24...ml#post2259046

FRESHMAN ROVER

Quote Originally Posted by dwboston View Post
    There is a fix and it's already been released. One of the mods over on the L405 sub-forum has it installed and reports it fixes his lag issues.

See post here: https://www.rangerovers.net/forum/24...ml#post2259046
    My bad, I felt like he was asking if there was a fix we could do, like some duct tape, or zip ties, or bubble gum or some McGuyver type sh*t. I knew the manufacturer/dealer network was working on, yes. But from reading on here, also sounds like they've been working on it for a while now. Do we know if this is for ALL models? Not just the L405 V8?

FRESHMAN ROVER

My bad, I felt like he was asking if there was a fix we could do, like some duct tape, or zip ties, or bubble gum or some McGuyver type sh*t. I knew the manufacturer/dealer network was working on, yes. But from reading on here, also sounds like they've been working on it for a while now. Do we know if this is for ALL models? Not just the L405 V8?
    It's the same engine and the same transmission as the V8 in the L494 - the fixes are software updates for the transmission control module and the gateway module. They should be applicable to the same modules in the L494. We haven't seen anyone report that they've received it yet in this sub-forum.

One of the confusing things about that L405 thread is that it started out about the V8 and then owners with V6 and diesel engines started chiming in and it went off the rails. It may not even be the same issue with the different engines. Regarding the V8, we'll see if the fixes pop up here with L494 SCV8 and ATB models and if they solve the problem.

FRESHMAN ROVER

Quote Originally Posted by dwboston View Post
    It's the same engine and the same transmission as the V8 in the L494 - the fixes are software updates for the transmission control module and the gateway module. They should be applicable to the same modules in the L494. We haven't seen anyone report that they've received it yet in this sub-forum.

One of the confusing things about that L405 thread is that it started out about the V8 and then owners with V6 and diesel engines started chiming in and it went off the rails. It may not even be the same issue with the different engines. Regarding the V8, we'll see if the fixes pop up here with L494 SCV8 and ATB models and if they solve the problem.
    I copied and pasted that info from the L405 page, and sent it to my salesman (who used to be a SA), to have him plug in my VIN, to see if any help or if anything pops up, so we'll see where this goes. Mine is the 380hp SCV6, that's why I was asking.

FRESHMAN ROVER

After speaking with some folks there has been software updates for the transmission but NONE so far specifically for dealing with the DELAY issue. Once there is one I am sure it will be updated in Topix.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now