22" Range Rover Autobiography wheels on RRS SC
  1. Welcome to RangeRovers.net – General discussion forum for Range Rovers

Welcome to RangeRovers.net - a website dedicated to all things Range Rovers.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join RangeRovers.net today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 22" Range Rover Autobiography wheels on RRS SC

FRESHMAN ROVER

22" Range Rover Autobiography wheels on RRS SC

Had a lot of difficulty figuring out wheel and tire options for my RRS so figured this may help some people...

Just purchased some (cheap) aftermarket wheels for my 2015 RRS SC and fitted with 285/40 Yokohama Parada Spec-x tires. No issues with rubbing even when on comfort access height.

Also purchased new TPMS sensors and after mounting, had to activate myself with a tool I purchased off amazon (not sure why the installer did not do this).

Wheels are decent quality - as with I think all cheap aftermarket wheels, they do sound hollow when going over seams in the highway, hard to explain the sound unless you've heard it before. These wheels will never see salt (I am using my original 21" with snows for winter driving) and I think they will hold up well.

Tires - quiet comfortable ride, decent handling. Only have a few hundred miles on them, but no complaints. I like the looks of the 285/45 and glad to have the slight extra width and height for pot-hole protection here in WNY.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

FRESHMAN ROVER

Re: 22" Range Rover Autobiography wheels on RRS SC

I am not normally a fan of aftermarket wheels but those look fantastic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FRESHMAN ROVER

Quote Originally Posted by Bamablue View Post
    I am not normally a fan of aftermarket wheels but those look fantastic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    They are a range rover design wheel - specifically the Range Rover Autobiography replicas

5. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

I ordered mine through overfinch and tires through local tire warehouses. Love the look of the autobiography wheels on the L494.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 22" Range Rover Autobiography wheels on RRS SC-b96148de-8e4e-4b2d-abf8-e16ea58e56a4_1525877754223.jpg  
    September 2016-present: MY16 RRS SC V8 Dynamic Fuji White/Santorini Black Contrast Roof/Pimento Interior
    March 2016-present: MY16 Mercedes Benz GLA45 AMG Night Black/AMG Red Cut Exclusive Interior (love the AMG performance exhaust!)
    June 2011-February 2016: MY11 RRS HSE Java Black/Ebony Interior (Blown engine at 39K miles due to failed water pump)
    June 2009-June 2011: MY96 LR Discovery I SD7 4.0L V8 Portofino Red/Tan Interior (Sold at 34K miles!)
    Pre 2009: NYC mass transit

FRESHMAN ROVER

Quote Originally Posted by easyski View Post
    Had a lot of difficulty figuring out wheel and tire options for my RRS so figured this may help some people...

Just purchased some (cheap) aftermarket wheels for my 2015 RRS SC and fitted with 285/40 Yokohama Parada Spec-x tires. No issues with rubbing even when on comfort access height.

Also purchased new TPMS sensors and after mounting, had to activate myself with a tool I purchased off amazon (not sure why the installer did not do this).

Wheels are decent quality - as with I think all cheap aftermarket wheels, they do sound hollow when going over seams in the highway, hard to explain the sound unless you've heard it before. These wheels will never see salt (I am using my original 21" with snows for winter driving) and I think they will hold up well.

Tires - quiet comfortable ride, decent handling. Only have a few hundred miles on them, but no complaints. I like the looks of the 285/45 and glad to have the slight extra width and height for pot-hole protection here in WNY.
    Am I reading this correctly, set of 4 is really only $815? Or each wheel is $815? Seems too good to be true.

FRESHMAN ROVER

set of 4. They are cheap china cast. Finish is actually perfect. Also purchased the TPMS from them, i think 110 total for all 4. Weight is not much more than stock wheels however one of them required a decent amout of weight to balance. Don't notice any vibration when driving. I am happy overall and when I inevitably get curb rash, i won't be as upset

Quote Originally Posted by easyski View Post
    set of 4. They are cheap china cast. Finish is actually perfect. Also purchased the TPMS from them, i think 110 total for all 4. Weight is not much more than stock wheels however one of them required a decent amout of weight to balance. Don't notice any vibration when driving. I am happy overall and when I inevitably get curb rash, i won't be as upset
    I have a brand new OEM set of these rims in my garage that were a dealer take-off I bought for $1800 so its a little over double for OEM.
    Current Stable:
    2018 RRS SVR, Black on Black
    2017 Ferrari 488, Black
    2016 BMW 340ix Dinan Stage 3, 6MT
    2015 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited, Highly Modified, 6MT
    2011 Audi R8 V10 Spyder, 6 MT
    2009 997 Turbo Cab, Black, 6MT

Past Rovers:
    2014 RRS ATB, Corris Grey

FRESHMAN ROVER

Quote Originally Posted by Birdie3 View Post
    I have a brand new OEM set of these rims in my garage that were a dealer take-off I bought for $1800 so its a little over double for OEM.

you got lucky. I was getting quoted around 800/wheel when i was looking at getting OEM from a dealership when I called around.

Looks great! Im looking to do the exact same thing with my RRS. Just picked it up last week so new to this, how did the TPMS process go?

FRESHMAN ROVER

Very nice. Looks like those have a 45mm offset. How do they look from the back? I'm curious on the rears and whether or not they might need spacers.

Jim

FRESHMAN ROVER

Quote Originally Posted by Fujitpa View Post
    Looks great! Im looking to do the exact same thing with my RRS. Just picked it up last week so new to this, how did the TPMS process go?
    I did not read through my old posts in this thread. I did have to purchase a TPMS tool from amazon for ~$99 to get them to wake up. No amount of driving woke them up as it should have.

it was something similar to this https://smile.amazon.com/Autel-TS401...-1-spons&psc=1

FRESHMAN ROVER

Ill try to get you a picture

FRESHMAN ROVER

Quote Originally Posted by jsherhart View Post
    Very nice. Looks like those have a 45mm offset. How do they look from the back? I'm curious on the rears and whether or not they might need spacers.

Jim

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now