Lowering Modules - Page 2
  1. Welcome to RangeRovers.net – General discussion forum for Range Rovers

Welcome to RangeRovers.net - a website dedicated to all things Range Rovers.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join RangeRovers.net today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Lowering Modules

Re: Lowering Modules

Quote Originally Posted by Tony420 View Post
    Here you go: www.germantuningcorporation.com/

Four brands = AC Schnitzer / Brabus / Startech / TechArt

Check the price between the Startech and AC Schnitzer with them. I recalled AC Schnitzer module was slighter cheaper for basically the same thing.

I saw an install video on the Startech unit I think a while back and it was quite involved. I would think there's a vendor that can just tap into the ODBII without any other hardware mods and allow you to lower ...
    Also, the site you posted, although very pretty, has zero product info that I could actually navigate to. What is up with RR parts vendors and their sites?!
    2016 RRS SVR

2. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

FRESHMAN ROVER

Quote Originally Posted by trez63 View Post
    I saw an install video on the Startech unit I think a while back and it was quite involved. I would think there's a vendor that can just tap into the ODBII without any other hardware mods and allow you to lower ...
    Also, the site you posted, although very pretty, has zero product info that I could actually navigate to. What is up with RR parts vendors and their sites?!
    As I mentioned before, I think the Startech unit and AC Schnitzer unit are probably made by the same manufacturer as they both looks almost the same except of course the badging. They offer the same 3 settings (factory, 30mm and 35mm lower). Yes, quite a bit of wiring involved so let the professional install it for you.

This is the official Startech website: https://www.startech.de/en/startech-...er-sport-2014/

German Tuning Corp is the US office for those 4 brands, so you can purchase the products from them. I'm sure if you contacted Startech in Germany, they'll have you contact their US office
    2015 Range Rover Sport Autobiography

Quote Originally Posted by Roverthemtn View Post
    That looks good Tony.

Lowering module-wise I'm adding the GAP module tonight. I like the idea of the Renntech/Startech module better as it seems more adjustable on the fly vs. the GAP tool where you need the tool attached. Cheaper way to see whether I like the lowered look and how much though.
    I have the GAP tool and been thinking of lowering using that tool. However, I did not realize that it requires that the tool be always attached to the OBDII. That would we an issue for me as I use the OBDII port to plug in my AT&T ZTE Mobley for 4G LTE wifi for long distance driving with the family...

I think there is a way to use Mobley with USB charger and OBDII connector. I may just use that adaptor and get best of both worlds.
    2016 RRS Td6 Aintree Green

5. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

I’m looking at the Renntech lowering module. For those of you that have the Startech module ( or any other module) how is the ride quality when on its lowest setting?
    It sucks that the factory has the ride setting programmed so after 20MPH the SVR auto adjusts to a higher ride setting.

Thanks
    J

FRESHMAN ROVER

Quote Originally Posted by sunnygps View Post
    I have the GAP tool and been thinking of lowering using that tool. However, I did not realize that it requires that the tool be always attached to the OBDII. That would we an issue for me as I use the OBDII port to plug in my AT&T ZTE Mobley for 4G LTE wifi for long distance driving with the family...

I think there is a way to use Mobley with USB charger and OBDII connector. I may just use that adaptor and get best of both worlds.
    You don't have to have the tool connected, just set the the height you require, program it to the module and voila..
    Only "disadvantage" is that it changes the height through the whole range, Normal, Raised and lowered. So if you for instance set -35mm all round, then the vehicle will also be -35mm when you put it into the off-road setting. It might hit the bump stops if you use access height, but I haven't actually tried this so I am not sure.
    __________________________________________________ ______________________
    2014 RRS V6 Supercharged, Fuji White

Quote Originally Posted by JeffSD View Post
    I’m looking at the Renntech lowering module. For those of you that have the Startech module ( or any other module) how is the ride quality when on its lowest setting?
    It sucks that the factory has the ride setting programmed so after 20MPH the SVR auto adjusts to a higher ride setting.

Thanks
    J
    Where is it noted that the SVR changes height?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FRESHMAN ROVER

I believe he's just referring to the access height feature, where it lowers when stopped and raises to "normal" height above 20mph.

Quote Originally Posted by Roverthemtn View Post
    I believe he's just referring to the access height feature, where it lowers when stopped and raises to "normal" height above 20mph.
    Correct ...What he said

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now