2014 RRS: Upgrading Base Sound System to Meridian System - Page 3
  1. Welcome to RangeRovers.net – General discussion forum for Range Rovers

Welcome to RangeRovers.net - a website dedicated to all things Range Rovers.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join RangeRovers.net today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: 2014 RRS: Upgrading Base Sound System to Meridian System

Re: 2014 RRS: Upgrading Base Sound System to Meridian System

Congratulations. You did a lot of research and accomplished what you set out to do. Hats off to you!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

FRESHMAN ROVER

Congrats!

Did you ever consider just going aftermarket since you had to do a lot of install work anyways? Like maybe an aftermarket JL Audio system or something?

FRESHMAN ROVER

I put in a JL W6V3 in one of my other vehicles and... wow. Would love to see one in a RRS although certainly wouldn't fit under the seat.

A TW5V2 might though:

http://www.jlaudio.com/car-audio-sub...-drivers-tw5v2

The problem would be powering it appropriately and keeping the Meridian Surround Stage... I believe there is a mic somewhere in the RRS that listens to music being played and adjusts settings accordingly.

I've looked into this and have called some high end installers in CA. They say it can be done, but you can't use the Meridian Surround setting (which in my opinion is the best sounding).

That being said, I do find the 825 watt system very good and leaps and bounds above the standard LR version.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

FRESHMAN ROVER

Does anyone know how much of the 825 watts is actually directed at powering the subwoofer?

FRESHMAN ROVER

Quote Originally Posted by Sevo View Post
    I put in a JL W6V3 in one of my other vehicles and... wow. Would love to see one in a RRS although certainly wouldn't fit under the seat.

A TW5V2 might though:

http://www.jlaudio.com/car-audio-sub...-drivers-tw5v2

The problem would be powering it appropriately and keeping the Meridian Surround Stage... I believe there is a mic somewhere in the RRS that listens to music being played and adjusts settings accordingly.

I've looked into this and have called some high end installers in CA. They say it can be done, but you can't use the Meridian Surround setting (which in my opinion is the best sounding).

That being said, I do find the 825 watt system very good and leaps and bounds above the standard LR version.

They have a box that takes out the EQ that the OEMs put in and then makes the signal flat again, then you can connect a laptop and tweak everything like EQ and time alignment. Here is an SVR install (the hardstyle music is pretty funny/annoying): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L63vB-5zWKA

Might be a wee bit overkill depending what someone wanted to accomplish.

I like the Meridian system as far as OEM available systems, but the RRSs are built so solid be great to hear a good aftermarket setup. I'm always just too chicken to do them since I switch cars a lot plus seems like aftermarket amps always cause some battery drain.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiyabrad View Post

My bluetooth mobile phone call sound is still bad and I still do not have the confirmation clicks from the display panel. But the bluetooth mobile phone music sound is awesome.
    Quick question...did you ever resolve the Bluetooth mobile call quality issue you stated above?

FRESHMAN ROVER

Quote Originally Posted by Badgio View Post
    Quick question...did you ever resolve the Bluetooth mobile call quality issue you stated above?

The answer is YES! The Bluetooth mobile calls and the confirmation clicks all run though the mid-range speakers in the front door.

Once the mid's were installed, all was great.

After getting quotes locally for a bespoke system I have decided to attempt the upgrade route based on your excellent posts in this thread!

Would you have the part numbers for the Meridian speaker cover rear panels that you refer to earlier?

Many thanks.

FRESHMAN ROVER

All my parts where purchased from roverjaguarparts.com

They are the Jag / Land Rover dealership in Ventura, CA - Their website had the best pricing I could find and were great to work with. The parts manager is Dan, and he was great! Their number is: 888-864-3187

Here is the rear deck speaker cover info you asked for - different part numbers for left and right side.

LR044794 Upper Quarter Trim $145.36

LR044802 Upper Quarter Trim $145.36
    Last edited by RRToadHall; November 26th, 2017 at 05:22 PM.

FRESHMAN ROVER

hello all! After reading this thread, I decided to upgrade my base system in my 2014 HSE. Picked up the amp dropped it in this afternoon and wow with just the 825w amp
    it already sounds much better, but now my Parking sensors have no sound? Im assuming thats because i need the mids in the front doors? not interested in splicing wires just wanted to upgrade the
    existing speakers so i figured i would just get the better speakers and replace whats there.

FRESHMAN ROVER

Great upgrade and write up...

FRESHMAN ROVER

Quote Originally Posted by busabrent View Post
    hello all! After reading this thread, I decided to upgrade my base system in my 2014 HSE. Picked up the amp dropped it in this afternoon and wow with just the 825w amp
    it already sounds much better, but now my Parking sensors have no sound? Im assuming thats because i need the mids in the front doors? not interested in splicing wires just wanted to upgrade the
    existing speakers so i figured i would just get the better speakers and replace whats there.
    Yes, you need the mids in the front doors for parking sensors and good quality bluetooth cellphone sound,

FRESHMAN ROVER
    Hi, does anyone know the part number for the red door wires? Thanks heaps

Thanks SO much for providing such a detailed thread about your process.

Would you be able to dig up any part numbers?

FRESHMAN ROVER
    So today i did a little more investigating on my 2015 MY16. I have none of the additional wiring. In fact i dont even have the second blue plug that powers the front mids, subs, dash and rear fill speakers. Makes things a little more complicated...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now