Hdc fault system unavailable, gear fault
  1. Welcome to RangeRovers.net – General discussion forum for Range Rovers

Welcome to RangeRovers.net - a website dedicated to all things Range Rovers.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join RangeRovers.net today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hdc fault system unavailable, gear fault

FRESHMAN ROVER

Hdc fault system unavailable, gear fault

Got home from work this evening. Chilled out at home for awhile, wanted to take a ride into town to pick up a few groceries.....cranked the engine on...saw HDC fault and wont shift into gear. Any ideas what the issue is? My lady is a 2014 range rover sport.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

Re: Hdc fault system unavailable, gear fault

Could be a low battery. Did the engine start? How?

FRESHMAN ROVER

Try disconnect the battery and then reconnect.. Could clear out what's going on.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

cgs
    SOPHOMORE ROVER

You almost certainly need to get the TCM update flashed (Q453). If it won't go into gear after waiting, you'll probably need a tow. The transmission release is under the cup holder floor. Just pry it up via the almost imperceptible slot with a screwdriver and hold the strap while it's put onto the flatbed.

Also, see https://www.rangerovers.net/forum/43-...x-failure.html.

FRESHMAN ROVER

The engine starts just fine, gives error message that the rear view camera inoperative, and would not engage any of the gears. Where can I find the battery? might try a hard reset but don't know the location of the battery. thanks for your ideas!!

Quote Originally Posted by EJIRO View Post
    The engine starts just fine, gives error message that the rear view camera inoperative, and would not engage any of the gears. Where can I find the battery? might try a hard reset but don't know the location of the battery. thanks for your ideas!!
    As you have two batteries and entirely different systems from earlier models I certainly would not be doing hard resets on the new gen rigs. There is an existing "where can I find the battery" thread just a few down from this.
    When dealing with yourself, act with your brain
    When dealing others, act with your heart.

FRESHMAN ROVER

Finally found the location of the battery underneath the spare tyre. Disconnected the negative terminal for 2hrs, but situation remained unchanged after reconnection. Just got a technician in from LR to check it. So happy it happened at home!! Will keep you guys posted on how it worked out.

FRESHMAN ROVER

Still haven't resolved the Hdc fault system unavailable, gear fault issues. Got a dealer to take a look at it. Threw out Fault codes 1.U0402-Invalid data received from transmission control module 2. U0103- LOST COMMUNICATION WITH GEARSHIFT MODULE and 3. P0850- Park/Neutral switch input circuit. I seriously need help in resolving all these issues. Would be glad if I can get some steers in the right direction.

FRESHMAN ROVER

I had this exact issue, however it resolved its-self after locking the car, leaving for 5 mins and unlocking.

However, I would assume that you've tried this?

FRESHMAN ROVER

Yes I've done this. Infact it became normal on its own a couple of days ago, but when I switched off and switched back on the fault returned. I'm really getting frustrated with the rig. I really would need suggestions on how to overcome this issue.
    Last edited by RRToadHall; January 8th, 2016 at 03:09 AM.

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by EJIRO View Post
    Yes I've done this. Infact it became normal on its own a couple of days ago, but when I switched off and switched back on the fault returned. I'm really getting frustrated with the rig. I really would need suggestions on how to overcome this issue.
    your rig is under warranty. it has an electric issue, maybe a faulty sensor somewhere which might need to be replaced. the only reasonable suggestion is "take it to professionals". looking at your location, I'm not sure if it's a simple thing to do.

FRESHMAN ROVER

Check the battery output, its the first thing which the LRA technician did with mine, it might be that you require a new battery.

FRESHMAN ROVER

Update on the Hdc fault system unavailable and gear fault I had been experiencing. Got the technicians to look at it at home (since I didn't want it towed) for about 2 weeks. They couldn't figure out exactly what was wrong. Anyway I was asked to replace the TRANSFER SHIFT CONTROL. Unbelievably, the car has been engaging into gears perfectly for the past 2 days. Nothing was changedI really dont know if it will re-occur. These vehicles are strange!! I normally can check the battery voltage of my ML350 from the dash. Anyone know how is done on the 2014 Range Rover Sport?

SENIOR ROVER

Get a simple voltmeter and go to the battary jumper terminal in the engine bay measure between the + red terminal and any unpainted metal part in the engine bay. Battery is in the trunk but its more accessible in the hood to do this. I have this cheap DMI iotech smart digital multimeter. Its cheap and very versatile. I bought it for wiring my dash-cam into my ATB.
    2019 Mercedes Benz AMG-E63S
    2015.5 RRS Autobiography, deployable side steps

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now