Pro Clip Side Center Console/dash mount for iphone6 for RRS
  1. Welcome to RangeRovers.net – General discussion forum for Range Rovers

Welcome to RangeRovers.net - a website dedicated to all things Range Rovers.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join RangeRovers.net today!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Pro Clip Side Center Console/dash mount for iphone6 for RRS

Pro Clip Side Center Console/dash mount for iphone6 for RRS

I just got this and will install tomorrow - quality is great - i got the cradle for iPhone 6 - but cradles are avail for all other brands -

http://www.proclipusa.com/dashboard-..._leftorright=0

Pro Clip Side Center Console/dash mount for iphone6 for RRS-brodit_proclip_land_rover_range_rover_sport_14_30082013-5-p.jpg

Pro Clip Side Center Console/dash mount for iphone6 for RRS-iphone-5c-charging-car-mount.jpg
    2018 Range Rover Sport DynamicBritish Racing Green Vintage Tan
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

2. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

SENIOR ROVER

Re: Pro Clip Side Center Console/dash mount for iphone6 for RRS

Awesome! I just bought same one. I currently use my glove box, but often times I use Waze and have to place it in view in center console. mThis solution works really well. I have a suction cup that can hold a stone or metal weight same size on the wind shield. But the thing is so ugly I used it only ones took it down. It works better in my BMW Coupe that in Rover with windshield a mile away.

Thanks for the tip!! Really appreciate this. Not going to miss in-control apps with this. Just use your phone. I only use it for waze and taking calls otherwise I like to concentrate on driving not distractions.
    2019 Mercedes Benz AMG-E63S
    2015.5 RRS Autobiography, deployable side steps

FRESHMAN ROVER

I have not used anything but Brodit/ProClip mounts on any of my cars for a long time. The quality is superb, and no holes, drilling etc.

For new buyers who are not familiar with the system, you need to buy 2 parts: the base that fits to the dash/air vent etc (there's usually a choice of at least 2 mounting options), and the actual phone cradle (which attaches to the base and provides the 'swivel' as well.

You can also choose whether you want a holder with (Active) or without (Passive) a built-in power cable. The Active versions are much easier, as you just have to slide your phone into the cradle and the power connects.

You also have to choose LHD or RHD for some of the mounts, which can be easy to miss when ordering.

Expensive (in the UK, perhaps cheaper in the US), but definitely worth it.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by DevonLad View Post
    I have not used anything but Brodit/ProClip mounts on any of my cars for a long time. The quality is superb, and no holes, drilling etc.

For new buyers who are not familiar with the system, you need to buy 2 parts: the base that fits to the dash/air vent etc (there's usually a choice of at least 2 mounting options), and the actual phone cradle (which attaches to the base and provides the 'swivel' as well.

You can also choose whether you want a holder with (Active) or without (Passive) a built-in power cable. The Active versions are much easier, as you just have to slide your phone into the cradle and the power connects.
    I have them in all three of my cars and agree they are well engineered and of high quality. Some people may not know that even though when you order the phone holder piece (cradle), the website asks for your type of phone and whether you have a case, thin case, medium case or thick case, it's adjustable to a certain degree. Just loosen the screws on the back just a bit (not too much, and keep it that way) so you'll be able to adjust by widening or closing the distance (a bit, maybe 15 mm) to accommodate a different case on a phone and in some instances an entirely different make/model of cell phone.

You know, like if your cell phone has a different case than that your significant other - the same phone cradle may still work if you adjust the width.
    Last edited by phickson; December 14th, 2014 at 05:21 AM. Reason: changed word

These are great - I'm going to try it out. Which do y'all recommend, the Brodit or Proclip setup?
    DIRECTEDBY - did you get yours in? Any issues? Do you have a 6 or 6+? I've got a 6+ with a very thin case on it.
    Shocked when I priced the phone specific holder!!

SENIOR ROVER

Yeah, use your phone's USB to the glove box (you can still close it with wire running out to phone.) or just mount it without plugging since 6+ holds the charge almost all day anyway. Just buy the mount without the "lightning-to-USB" adapter, you dont really need it and the extra wire that comes with that as you already have yours. No need paying extra. I got the "cheap" option but it still came out to $81. You will need USB or car charger plug. I use USB in the glove box for phone and have a Valentine 1 radar plugged to my outlet in the console.

I bought a big clumsy suction cup windshield type mount but it didnt work so well. I also didnt hard wire it to the car as I want to get rid of the car soon. So I bought a dashboard magic mounting pad for the radar, and its descreet enough I dont worry about it as radar detectors are actually illegal in Virginia and DC so I need to be careful. So far am happy with it works very well, and radar doesn't move or get stuck on there.
    http://www.amazon.com/RADAR-DETECTOR...s=magic+mounts

i changed my mind on install - the pro clip is amazing but i am going to re-order for the passenger side mount - i got the driver side mount, but the volume button is somewhat blocked - i like to keep my hand on gear shift while turning the volume -

here is the other mount i am going with -

Pro Clip Side Center Console/dash mount for iphone6 for RRS-screen-shot-2014-12-14-3.53.06-pm.jpg

SENIOR ROVER

You have a volume button on the steering wheel. I am assuming you are talking of the RRS volume nob? You can still just push on or off to turn audio on or off. Just a thought. I was tempted to get the one that mounts high up by the vent but though let me try the lower one first because I dont like my phone blocking my air vent but perhaps it is better.

Okay so a few questions (I get the car Friday...):
    1-to use phone system through the car and to play music, is it all done via bluetooth?
    2-So these are just really holders for the phone and a charger if I want to do that?
    3-I don't have a radar detector or anything else. I do like to have an iPod in the car just for music...is this the config I would use...

Plug spare iPod into car via the USB plug in the center console and play music from that
    Use bluetooth with phone for talking only
    Buy this holder deal to have the phone in a place where I can see it and I would like the plug in one...so that would be in the glove box via lighter adapter to lightening (for 6+)?

i just like to adjust the volume knob with my fingers - the phone cradle gets in the way - just a personal preference - i agree on the vent mount -

Quote Originally Posted by vaserRRS View Post
    You have a volume button on the steering wheel. I am assuming you are talking of the RRS volume nob? You can still just push on or off to turn audio on or off. Just a thought. I was tempted to get the one that mounts high up by the vent but though let me try the lower one first because I dont like my phone blocking my air vent but perhaps it is better.

1. Yes, everything plays via bluetooth from your phone -
    2. Yes - it's just a phone mount/holder - there are options on different holders with or without charging.
    3. if you plug in your iPod to USB it will play through the radio, however then the bluetooth is disabled -

the power for iPhone can be hardwired into the car or via cig lighter - both are avail at pro clips -

Quote Originally Posted by WShelley View Post
    Okay so a few questions (I get the car Friday...):
    1-to use phone system through the car and to play music, is it all done via bluetooth?
    2-So these are just really holders for the phone and a charger if I want to do that?
    3-I don't have a radar detector or anything else. I do like to have an iPod in the car just for music...is this the config I would use...

Plug spare iPod into car via the USB plug in the center console and play music from that
    Use bluetooth with phone for talking only
    Buy this holder deal to have the phone in a place where I can see it and I would like the plug in one...so that would be in the glove box via lighter adapter to lightening (for 6+)?

SENIOR ROVER

Try playing same music over bluetooth, from iPhone or iPod via USB or From a CD. Its a revelation why that CD player is still in the car in 2014. The sound quality from the CD just trumps them all and bluetooth is the worst in that order. If you have the meridian 3D its not bad at all, but you will notice the difference. But also the bluetooth is still better than Sirius XM, except the XM ofcourse has infinite choices.

I've had the passenger side mount for months now. I love it. When I got my iPhone 6 it fit fine in my iPhone 5s mount so I never bothered changing it.
    The swivel screw does get loose pretty often so I have to tighten that once a month or so but overall this is a very good product. I only wish they would address the loosening screw as the grooves on mine is starting to wear out and I'm afraid I won't be able to tighten it much longer.

Okay-well if I can't use bluetooth for voice from one phone and iPod for music via the other then I'll have to do it all from the phone. Not a problem, but will have to have it charging because doing both drains the 6+ battery faster. Sounds like more people like the passenger mount vs. driver side. I'm thinking car toys or somewhere could do the wiring.
    2015 RRS-V6SC HSE Fuji White

FRESHMAN ROVER

Quote Originally Posted by trez63 View Post
    The swivel screw does get loose pretty often so I have to tighten that once a month or so
    I have had a lot of different Brodit/ProClip holders and the swivel has never been a problem. Once set, mine have never moved on there own, but they will allow adjustment if I want to turn it slightly myself.

If yours has to be tightened regularly, it's not how it was designed to be and is presumably faulty?
    SDV6 HSE + Off-Road Pack + Lots of Options, in Firenze Red

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now