Does that mean your 2012 rrs plugged into the 3035 Ford harness without the need to move any wires? You only had to move wires when using it in the newer rrs?
I have a 2012 rrs and just installed the Tekonsha p2. I used the 3035 Ford harness as it came (didn't move wires) . I believe it works as it turns on, I press the button on the right and number 6 comes up, if I press it again it goes 6/1, 6/2 and 6/3.
Then when I pull the trigger, it just says NC (no trailer hooked up yet)
I believe it's working correct? Plugged in properly?
Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk
Took my new 28' Airstream out for it's 1st trip this weekend and had major issues with the Prodigy RF brake controller. Thankfully very helpful and nice full-timers in our two campgrounds were able to help us out - I bet they had a good laugh after we rolled out though.
1. Dealer installed the RF brake controller on the tongue of the trailer, and did the initial pairing to the RF handheld with a Ford pickup truck as they know that the Range Rover is not capable of pairing with the RF brake controller.
2. After moving the RF handheld to the Range Rover, it worked well all the way down to the 1st campground, where we unhitched.
3. On the day of departure on the 1st campground, we connected the RF handheld but got a flashing 'NC' which indicated that the handheld had amnesia.
4. We found someone in the campground who had an older pickup truck, but it had an aftermarket 7-way so it was not capable of pairing. We found someone else with a newer truck where we successfully paired and we were on our way to the 2nd stop.
5. Handheld had amnesia as we were leaving the 2nd stop, and I was able to borrow the helpful camphost's truck to pair the handheld again.
Seems like losing power on the brake controller causes things to unpair - anyone else observe this behavior? Our trailer is down in Ultimate Airstream in Portland for a month for some custom work, then off to get solar and lithium installed, so we have a month or so to figure things out... I'm thinking of switching to the wired P3, but not a fan of having the big unit drilled under the dash...
I also want to note that the Curt LED 7-way Adapter DOES NOT WORK, and even if it did, it is poorly constructed. As the 7-way entry point on the Airstream is a very tight fit, and the LED tail lights are a sealed unit, I'm having my solar/lithium installer do the resistor work for me.
Is this the right connector?
Amazon asked me to input my vehicle info and said it was not the right connector.
Last edited by RRToadHall; June 30th, 2018 at 12:44 AM.
Yes the 3035 is the right connector. Check Teknosha's site and you'll see it's compatible with the 2014 RRS.
The 3035 tekonsha connector for the Prodigy P3 on the 2017 RRS works correctly out of the box. Don't need to move the white and black wires.
Unfortunately, the LED trailer is not picked up by the car. I tried both the curt and etrailer brand LED adapter. Neither worked.
Does anyone know for a fact that the transmission / shifting program is controlled electronically via "knowing" that the trailer is connected?
I installed the 3035-P into my 2018 RR Sport TD6. The pinout locations on the harness in the truck are correct with the adapter harness. It installed and works perfectly.
just an FYI.
I installed Tekonsha P3 and 3035-P harness. I am not getting any power to the brake controller. I do have tow package, and vehicle shows connection to my trailer when I use turn signals. I hooked up the P3 to another vehicle can (LR3) to check if it was defective, and it powers on in the lr3 - but not the Sport. Could it be a fuse issue? Is the wiring any different in the 2014 RRS?
Interesting, I removed the 3035-P harness I got from Amazon looks to have the same wiring configuration as the 3035 in the initial post (or I am misunderstanding). It looks like I need to move some wires around as per the diagram. I was under the impression the 3035-P was good to go, apparently that is not the case. Thank you for this info!
2014 Range Rover Sport V8 Supercharged Dynamic / Quicksilver Exhaust / VelocityAP ECU Tune