'14 HSE S/C V6 Hesitation on Acceleration
  1. Welcome to RangeRovers.net – General discussion forum for Range Rovers

Welcome to RangeRovers.net - a website dedicated to all things Range Rovers.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join RangeRovers.net today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: '14 HSE S/C V6 Hesitation on Acceleration

FRESHMAN ROVER

'14 HSE S/C V6 Hesitation on Acceleration

Anyone else out there with a '14 S/C V6 notice a little hesitation when pressing on the gas pedal before the car starts to move? Since i've never owned a RR before, not sure if this is a hallmark of all RR's? Wonder if it has something to do with the supercharger "spinning up"??? Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

SOPHOMORE ROVER

Re: '14 HSE S/C V6 Hesitation on Acceleration

This has not a hallmark of RR (I have a MY 2013). Is your auto-stop system disengaged when this occurs?

Steve

maybe its the autostop?
    http://forums.evolutionm.net/members/596-sblvro.html

https://www.facebook.com/pages/doctorownedcarscom/217367714961131

011 RRS hse lux (traded),2013 RRS hse lux +silver, vision package(current),2009 escalade hybrid(traded) for 2015i escalade platinum,2014 glk 350 4matic(current)

5. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

FRESHMAN ROVER

I have no issue with lag or hesitation on my '14 HSE. In fact, I was worried about it being under powered and it surprised me. Perhaps you are having an issue???
    2014 Range Rover HSE- Fuji White/Ebony/Ebony Headliner
    Vision, Front Climate, Soft-Close Doors, Parallel Park, Heated Wood/Leather Wheel

****************ORDERED 7/28/14****************
    2015 Range Rover HSE- Fuji White/Ebony/Ebony Headliner
    Vision, Four-Zone Climate, Heated Wood/Leather Wheel

FRESHMAN ROVER

This is with auto-stop disengaged. I'll have it checked out.

Power from the supercharger will (should) be immediate (crankshaft vs exhaust gases). What octane gas and what type of gas? If you are using low-octane, which I'm sure you are not, then the ignition might be retarding. On my prior turbo Subaru's, the only brands of gas I did not get hesitation (delay between pressing the accelerator and actual acceleration) was Chevron or the new Shell stuff. I only use Chevron 91 on my '08 S\C. If it is neither of those, I would bring it into the dealer - not normal
    2016 Suburban - Z71, Lux, Ent, Borla cat-back. 275/65-18 Nokian Rotiiva's AT's
    2017 Cayman 718 - Manual w/ 18" Boxster wheels
    2008 FFRR HSE - Conti AT's, Hawk LTS pads with EBC Ultimax\Stoptech slotted rotors
    2008 RRS S/C Black/Alpaca/Zebrano - gone
    2009 Cayenne GTS Manual -gone (GT3 of SUVs)
    2006 LR3 SE V8 Black/Black - Remember when leases were $535 a month with $0 down
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/sets/72157624134675338/

Does it do it in Sport mode as well? If it doesn't, part of the issue may be the adaptive transmission still "learning" your driving style and become somewhat confused when you do something unusual such as punching it, which can sometimes cause weird fraction-of-a-second hesitations when accelerating from a standstill, or when aggressively downshifting to overtake traffic (not a big fan of adaptive transmissions, as you can tell...) If that's what it is - especially if your car is almost new and only has a few hundred miles on the odometer - either the problem will gradually decrease as the transmission logic gets used to your driving style, or you may want to ask the dealer to clear transmission adaptions and start from scratch when you visit them, especially if they are unable to find any specific problems or to duplicate your hesitation claims.

FRESHMAN ROVER

Quote Originally Posted by bgsntth View Post
    Power from the supercharger will (should) be immediate (crankshaft vs exhaust gases). What octane gas and what type of gas? If you are using low-octane, which I'm sure you are not, then the ignition might be retarding. On my prior turbo Subaru's, the only brands of gas I did not get hesitation (delay between pressing the accelerator and actual acceleration) was Chevron or the new Shell stuff. I only use Chevron 91 on my '08 S\C. If it is neither of those, I would bring it into the dealer - not normal
    I've used nothing but high octane gas in the car since delivery. BP 91.

Quote Originally Posted by umbertob View Post
    Does it do it in Sport mode as well? If it doesn't, part of the issue may be the adaptive transmission still "learning" your driving style and become somewhat confused when you do something unusual such as punching it, which can sometimes cause weird fraction-of-a-second hesitations when accelerating from a standstill, or when aggressively downshifting to overtake traffic (not a big fan of adaptive transmissions, as you can tell...) If that's what it is - especially if your car is almost new and only has a few hundred miles on the odometer - either the problem will gradually decrease as the transmission logic gets used to your driving style, or you may want to ask the dealer to clear transmission adaptions and start from scratch when you visit them, especially if they are unable to find any specific problems or to duplicate your hesitation claims.
    I'm going with umbertob's assessment. I too think it could be the adaptive transmission "learning".
    '14 RR HSE Supercharged
    '12 XJL Supercharged
    '13 Beetle Turbo
    '12 Mini Coupe

*Formerly '08 RRS & '10 RRS*

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now