2013 L405 SC Issue - Transfer Case
  1. Welcome to RangeRovers.net – General discussion forum for Range Rovers

Welcome to RangeRovers.net - a website dedicated to all things Range Rovers.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join RangeRovers.net today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 2013 L405 SC Issue - Transfer Case

FRESHMAN ROVER

2013 L405 SC Issue - Transfer Case

I bought a 13' L405 SC with 32K miles about 2 months ago and I'm having a lot of issues with it but mainly I think there is something wrong with the transfer case. When driving around town there is a humming/drone noise. It gets louder when I pull in a driveway or in a parking lot going slow on turns. I'm wondering if anyone with a 2013 has had their transfer case replaced. I looked on Topix and there's a bulletin LTB00553NAS2 which says to replace the whole assembly and my vin falls in the range. I had the transfer case fluid replaced and that didn't make a difference.

Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

FRESHMAN ROVER

Re: 2013 L405 SC Issue - Transfer Case

Is the vehicle under any kind of an extended warranty?

Quote Originally Posted by Jakelev View Post
    I bought a 13' L405 SC with 32K miles about 2 months ago and I'm having a lot of issues with it but mainly I think there is something wrong with the transfer case. When driving around town there is a humming/drone noise. It gets louder when I pull in a driveway or in a parking lot going slow on turns. I'm wondering if anyone with a 2013 has had their transfer case replaced. I looked on Topix and there's a bulletin LTB00553NAS2 which says to replace the whole assembly and my vin falls in the range. I had the transfer case fluid replaced and that didn't make a difference.

Thanks!
    2017 RR HSE, SC V6

FRESHMAN ROVER

Re: 2013 L405 SC Issue - Transfer Case

I had the option to purchase an extended warranty but decided not to. A lot of the issues I'm having seem to be service bulletins which I don't think an extended warranty would cover

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now