Seat massage starts then stops
  1. Welcome to RangeRovers.net – General discussion forum for Range Rovers

Welcome to RangeRovers.net - a website dedicated to all things Range Rovers.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join RangeRovers.net today!

Thread: Seat massage starts then stops

FRESHMAN ROVER

Seat massage starts then stops

I have a 2019 ATB. The seat massage simply stops after 5 seconds of operation....then I turn the car off and restart and it will work again - 5 seconds. All other major operations (seat up and down back and forth) work fine. My dealer is under a major renovation so trying to avoid the service department. Any ideas?
    2019 RR ATB - Byron Blue
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

2. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

SOPHOMORE ROVER

Re: Seat massage starts then stops

What happened to your Last post? I replied.........

Did it ever work properly? Did you have any service done lately? Do you have any issues with any other options on the lower screen?
    2019 Range Rover Sport HSE Dynamic

FRESHMAN ROVER

Hey Bill. All else is good no other gremlins or recent service on the car....and the other seats are fine. Was working fine for months...
    2019 RR ATB - Byron Blue

5. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

SOPHOMORE ROVER

Sorry i should have asked this before... it is only the drivers seat that this happens to? You said all other seats are fine so does that me passenger and rear seats work?

If that is so...it narrows it down to the door switch pack or the drivers seat control module or seat sensor. I will try to look into it more to help but in the meantime any more details you can add will help pinpoint problem....

FRESHMAN ROVER

Only drivers seat...all else is good. Took out the fuses to the seat yesterday-then reinserted them in a failed attempt to reboot...but same issue. The massage button doesn’t illuminate most of the time and as soon as I push any massage button after the truck is started...count to four...stops. I believe you are on to something through...defective switch or power pack...can I “reboot” those?
    2019 RR ATB - Byron Blue

SOPHOMORE ROVER

I assume you have been using the door Buttons for activating the massage... If so try activating the massage from the lower panel instead or visa versa. also try activating the automatic massage feature, set it to activate 5 minutes after start and see if it stays on. trying these things will further narrow down the problem.

The drivers seat is the only one with the automatic feature, it is programmed into the drivers seat module. If the seat works with using the lower panel or the timer then it is the door switchpack. If it still does not work it is either a loose/shorted wire in the driver seat area or a faulty seat module.

Try these things and if problem still exists try looking at the wiring and make sure nothing has been kinked or damaged. sometimes wires can come loose and be pinched while moving the seat.

FRESHMAN ROVER

I had a similar problem on my 2018 but both seats had issues. A dealer software update fixed their stability. In addition, my passenger seat massage airbags would get stuck fully filled in a particular area. The dealer had to replace the entire internal massage seat components.

Time to schedule an appointment. Good luck.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now