2019 Range Rover - engine light.
  1. Welcome to RangeRovers.net – General discussion forum for Range Rovers

Welcome to RangeRovers.net - a website dedicated to all things Range Rovers.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join RangeRovers.net today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 2019 Range Rover - engine light.

2019 Range Rover - engine light.

Have a 2019 Range Rover v8 with only 4k miles and the engine light appeared on Saturday then disappeared today. Anything I should be concerned about? What could it have possibly been?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

FRESHMAN ROVER

Re: 2019 Range Rover - engine light.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisstiann View Post
    Have a 2019 Range Rover v8 with only 4k miles and the engine light appeared on Saturday then disappeared today. Anything I should be concerned about? What could it have possibly been?
    Invest in a cheap little handheld generic obd2 scanner that you can plug into any vehicle’s obd2 port to read the actual fault code being thrown (remember the light is just a catch-all for many possible faults). The check engine light almost always pertains to emissions/O2 sensor/fuel related problems. Many times it’s as simple as the gas cap not being tight after you just filled up but it could take a little time for light to go off. However, keep an eye on whether the light comes back on and when it happens (ie, after filling up, etc).
    2016 Range Rover Sport HST
    2017 Audi Q7 (kids mover)
    2018 Mercedes AMG GT R
    2018 Porsche 991.2 GT3 Touring
    2019 Porsche 991.2 GT3RS Weissach + Mags

2012 Ducati 1199 Panigale S Tricolore
    2018 Ducati 1299 Panigale R Final Edition
    2019 Ducati Panigale V4 R (2019 Delivery)

Premium Member

Check the fuel tank cap if it's properly put back in its place. If that's not it, download the Land Rover Remote app to your phone. It gives you a hint of what the problem might be. But unless the first thing solves it, with a check engine light, you must go to the dealer.
    2018 Range Rover SCV8
    2017 Range Rover Sport SCV8 Dynamic
    2017 Range Rover Evoque HSE

5. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

Fuel tank cap warning would pop up, not CEL. Which reminds me.. I've gotta get a new fuel tank cap for my 405. The strap is broken.

There may still be a stored/pending code. I agree, go to an auto parts store and purchase an OBD II diagnostic tool, should be $30~. But then again you're in NY and taxes are insane..
    I'm the guy that buys a chicken salad to only eat the chicken
    2017 Range Rover HSE
    2014 Range Rover Sport Dynamic

FRESHMAN ROVER

Quote Originally Posted by chrisstiann View Post
    This EXACT thing happened to me 30 days ago, light came on for a Saturday afternoon and went off when I started it on Sunday. I took it into the dealership and one of the oxygen sensors was throwing off codes so they replaced under warranty. All is fine now.
    2018 Range Rover Sport SVR

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now