Range Rovers Forum banner

L405 Safety - Rear-Ended and Lost Control! (in 2013)

2K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  dalek1 
#1 ·
While researching my next vehicle, I came across this disturbing post --
https://edmu.in/2H1UGJd

"Driving I feel strange like I swing in a crib . it is not solid like previous model. After driving my car for 1 week I was unlucky to be hit from behind by Honda into bumper. My car immediately lost control, sled from right lane to the left through entire highway changing direction . As a result of this crash I had back and front bumpers damaged. I do not understand why hit from behind made me crossing highway like a billiard ball It was very unsecure and scary. When I had to pick up a body shop I was told that only one certified BS in town to repair such cars. I do not like this low option equal to 1. In addition to it I have to wait 4 weeks for parts to be delivered."

Reminds me of a crash video on local news where an Escalade on freeway was clipped in the rear by a small sedan, lost control and ROLLED OVER. The small sedan was fine and just kept on going!

Thoughts? Comments? This thread should really be "SUV Safety in general".

#2 ·
Re: L405 Safety - Rear-Ended and Lost Control!

That must have been a really frightening experience for the reviewer. I have a 2013 and have not found it to be unsteady on the highway. Nor do I feel that the rig is less solid that my previous RR (L322 MY2003). I guess that any hit at highway speed can cause a vehicle to spin and end up in an opposing lane. I can understand that this would be more likely in an SUV than a sedan. But I think that would apply to any SUV. I cannot imagine that the RR is any less safe than any similar large SUV. Now with that being said, I could not find any test results in the NHTSA for the MKIV.

#3 ·

Not understanding how the momentum of an object changes upon collision is one thing, it can be blamed on general education. But what they put under the "worst feature" is downright moronic - and makes me wonder if someone was actually trolling here, in the first place.

#4 ·

I drove my L322 pretty hard in it handled very well....I drive my L405 even harder and it is rock solid..never an issue...it drives and performs like a vehicle half the size....maybe the driver had a "PIT" maneuver done as one or the other was changing lanes...?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.