LWB- newbie questions looking to buy
  1. Welcome to RangeRovers.net – General discussion forum for Range Rovers

Welcome to RangeRovers.net - a website dedicated to all things Range Rovers.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join RangeRovers.net today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: LWB- newbie questions looking to buy

FRESHMAN ROVER

LWB- newbie questions looking to buy

In between standard and a LWB, curious any issues with it being a daily driver? Turning radius still good?

Also, having kids, is the hump (near neck) in the middle seat back an issue for kids in car seats or boosters?

I would love a LWB in a diesel but doesn’t appear to be an option. Any long term issues w the 5.0 supercharge? I tend to keep my rovers a while. LR3 has 170 on the clock.

Keep seeing the 17 models have better electronics... how different from a 16?

Thx for your help!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

SOPHOMORE ROVER

Re: LWB- newbie questions looking to buy

I LOVED my LWB when I was still carting my kids around! It certainly isn't necessary when the kids are smaller but as they get bigger/taller it is nice to not have them bumping the back of my seat. I have always had supercharged and no problems though I don't tend to keep them long either so no long term data from me. I would definitely go for the 2017 or newer, electronics are not perfect but better than 2016 and previous. Middle rear seat isn't as comfortable as the side seats but for running kiddos around they won't know the difference, Good luck and enjoy!
    2018 Range Rover Supercharged Dynamic
    2019 BMW M5 Competition

FRESHMAN ROVER

Hi,

I've just bought my second LWB and I don't regret it at all. I do around 40k miles a year of driving and haven't even noticed the fact it's slighly bigger. The rear seating is now so much better and being 6ft 2, I couldn't handle the lack of leg room in the SWB.

I have two car seats in the back at times and there are no issues either.

In the UK we have the 4.4 diesel LWB and I love it but I'm not sure about the SC version.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

SOPHOMORE ROVER

I noticed I didn't answer the first part, I have had both SWB and LWB and really there isn't any difference in daily driving. The ONLY thing you will notice and to warn the kids about is the rear doors ARE larger and if you park in a tighter spot or if the kiddos swing the door wide open you will hit cars next to you. But I knew that and always parked away from people.
    2018 Range Rover Supercharged Dynamic
    2019 BMW M5 Competition

FRESHMAN ROVER

I have had the swb autobiography and the l494 diesel. I never considered a LWB and don't see many at all and in my area you see the SWB every mile or so. When I saw the LWB it had a much more different look and in black I think it looks really unique. In white and silver I am not too much of a fan.

So now I have a LWB and I love it. I think you will like it too. BTW my 750li is longer so to me its not that big, now the SWB L405 looks really small to me lol.

Also the big escalades and denalis are longer than lwb l405 so its really not that big.

I had the 2015 SWB 5.0 SCV8 Autobiography for 3 years, then bought the 2017 SDV8 4.4 LWB 4 months ago.
    Mine has the executive rear seats with 10 inch rear entertainment.
    There is no difference to me in daily driving. I have 2 toddler seats in the back some times and again no problems at all. The extra leg room is also very useful for any extra luggage you may have when your boot space is full. My older children love the extra leg room.
    I found the infotainment system much better in the 2017 model though.

Sent from my MI MAX 3 using Tapatalk

FRESHMAN ROVER
    They need to offer the LWB in TD6 or P400 trim in the US like they do abroad. I would prefer a LWB but I don’t want/need the SCV8 for daily.
    2016 Range Rover Sport HST
    2017 Audi Q7 (kids mover)
    2018 Mercedes AMG GT R
    2018 Porsche 991.2 GT3 Touring
    2019 Porsche 991.2 GT3RS Weissach + Mags

2012 Ducati 1199 Panigale S Tricolore
    2018 Ducati 1299 Panigale R Final Edition
    2019 Ducati Panigale V4 R (2019 Delivery)

FRESHMAN ROVER

I have to disagree with there being no difference in daily driving. I typically order a SWB V8, last year decided to go with the LWB for the first time - in my opinion, it drives significantly different. The engine has plenty of power and I don't notice it being slower, but the road feel, cornering, turning, general agility is much different. I understand you don't buy these for agility but you can really feel the extra length. The ride is still wonderful and the backseat/back floor space is much greater. This is a daily driver for me, about 15k miles/year. I'd suggest taking a LWB for a spin and see for yourself.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now