in-control remote start/climate
  1. Welcome to RangeRovers.net – General discussion forum for Range Rovers

Welcome to RangeRovers.net - a website dedicated to all things Range Rovers.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join RangeRovers.net today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: in-control remote start/climate

in-control remote start/climate

Just took delivery 2019 supercharged, love it.

on remote climate, having trouble. I stood beside it, the car lights up, i can see the dash board go through start routine but clicks and no start, app says remote start not available. Plenty of connection everything else works fine from the app, just making sure I am not missing an easy setting. This is not my first RR, so I know how they are, buying this type of tech is ambitious to say the least, but the car is talking to the app, thats why i am frustrated. Anyone else?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

Premium Member

Re: in-control remote start/climate

you should take it to the dealer, there might be a fault code there. Assuming your car is on a fairly recent software version, remote climate at this point is pretty reliable, if you see a problem with it, it might be a real one (problem, that is).
    2018 Range Rover SCV8
    2017 Range Rover Sport SCV8 Dynamic
    2017 Range Rover Evoque HSE

FRESHMAN ROVER
    Is the vehicle locked? I think there are a list of criteria for remote climate to work. One requirement is that the vehicle be locked with the alarm on.
    2017 RR HSE, SC V6

5. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

FRESHMAN ROVER

Quote Originally Posted by WHITLEYBH24 View Post

on remote climate, having trouble. I stood beside it, the car lights up, i can see the dash board go through start routine but clicks and no start, app says remote start not available. Plenty of connection everything else works fine from the app, just making sure I am not missing an easy setting. This is not my first RR, so I know how they are, buying this type of tech is ambitious to say the least, but the car is talking to the app, thats why i am frustrated. Anyone else?
    I know this might sound like a dumb suggestion but have you walked like 100 yards away and tried it? The car my be sensing your smart key being really close and not starting. (I am pulling this guess out of thin air as mine has worked perfectly)
    2018 Range Rover Sport SVR

No worries, yeah I have tried it everywhere. Its defintely talking to the car, all the other remote features work. LRNA sent me an email of things to try such as push the "bcall" button for 15 sec? I will try that and see, otherwise its going to the ranch for the first time with 200 miles. Its ok, I still love it and my wife has a 2014 HSE so I know the breed.

FRESHMAN ROVER

I had the same thing happen to me for two days straight but only two days every other time it worked fine. No codes were stored on mine, just very finicky software. Could even have to do with the battery voltage at the time it is trying to start (maybe not?) One of the problems with all the tech is that before start up there are a series of system checks and if one thing is slightly off spec the system will default to a no start.

Just think of it as your good old PC through the years how many times that would act up or crash. I dont even bother getting upset just add it to the list.
    2019 Range Rover Sport HSE Dynamic

I have had a remote start issue from the beginning and it is still unresolved. The car is at the dealership again as JLR’s technical department is trying to “rebuild” some part after changing 4 CPUs to no avail. It appears that they are resorting to build an “older version” CPU to try and make things work. So far 4 CPUs, various splitters, 2 antennas but no silver bullet.
    shocking stuff for a 200k $ car with 21 K miles .. Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by vanhauwer View Post
    I have had a remote start issue from the beginning and it is still unresolved. The car is at the dealership again as JLR’s technical department is trying to “rebuild” some part after changing 4 CPUs to no avail. It appears that they are resorting to build an “older version” CPU to try and make things work. So far 4 CPUs, various splitters, 2 antennas but no silver bullet.
    shocking stuff for a 200k $ car with 21 K miles .. Good luck!
    Not good, did other features of your app work such as the remote lock, horn, ect. Minne looks like it is very close to starting and just doesnt. So I will see if a fuller tank of gas and better charged battery

FRESHMAN ROVER

Not good, did other features of your app work such as the remote lock, horn, ect. Minne looks like it is very close to starting and just doesnt. So I will see if a fuller tank of gas and better charged battery
    The only other thing that i could think of why it happened is check the quality of your data connection. Look on the top right of the home screen menu and make sure you have a strong signal. My thinking is suppose you had enough of a signal to transmit a short signal to the car telling it to begin start up but during the process it will try and interact with your mobile device and if there is a week signal some data packs might be getting lost so the vehicle performs a fail start. Every time this happens there is a counter on board computer that can be read by dealer or someone who has a proper diagnostic tool. I have spent hours browsing through each module and the stored data that it holds and its pretty scary. Even how many times I played a cd/dvd or my last station tuned to.

My hunch is barring any real issue this might be it. you could even try moving the vehicle to a different location like a parking lot, to eliminate possible interference in your neighborhood.
    2019 Range Rover Sport HSE Dynamic

SOPHOMORE ROVER

Quote Originally Posted by bill2019 View Post
    you could even try moving the vehicle to a different location like a parking lot, to eliminate possible interference in your neighborhood.
    This is a great suggestion ^^

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now