Automatic locking?
  1. Welcome to RangeRovers.net – General discussion forum for Range Rovers

Welcome to RangeRovers.net - a website dedicated to all things Range Rovers.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join RangeRovers.net today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Automatic locking?

FRESHMAN ROVER

Automatic locking?

Just got my 2019 RR Full Size in a week ago and looked through the menu quickly to see if it had automatic locking but couldn't see any options. Is there something that I may have missed?? By automatic locking I mean after exiting the vehicle locks itself after 30 seconds. I had it on my 2015 Escalade and it was a good option to have in my opinion. I've already made the mistake to not lock the truck myself because I'm so used to having that option for 4 years
    Any help would be appreciated, I'll try to post pics of the truck as soon as I figure out how to lol.
    2019 Range Rover SCV8, Byron Blue/Black Pack(Coming soon)

2. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

FRESHMAN ROVER

Re: Automatic locking?

Following up on your question, I'd like to know if these trucks lock the doors automatically after you've driven a certain distance?

FRESHMAN ROVER

No they do not have that feature BUT you could and should have your dealer activate the automatic arming feature. This will not lock the doors but will set the alarm automatically after a predetermined time with not activity and not locking, I think it is something like 60 or 90 seconds I cant recall but i am sure it does as i had this activated on my F Pace and have yet to bring it in for my RRS but I know you can. This is one of the features that are available only through Pathfinder under the subsection Customer settings.

Just so you know as far as automatic locking goes there is a feature on it that if you were to unlock the doors with the key fob and do not enter the vehicle after 60 sec. the doors will lock and arm.

If you are not familiar with double locking be careful when using that no child or person is in the vehicle or they will not be able to get out of the vehicle. double locking is only for when you are going to be leaving you vehicle for an extended period of time as when leaving it in a parking garage when traveling. This feature disable the door locks and handles so if someone was to break your window to gain access they would not be able to enter by using the doors. This feature can be turned on/off through user menu.
    2019 Range Rover Sport HSE Dynamic

5. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by felipestrong View Post
    Following up on your question, I'd like to know if these trucks lock the doors automatically after you've driven a certain distance?
    yes, they do
    2018 Range Rover SCV8
    2017 Range Rover Sport SCV8 Dynamic
    2017 Range Rover Evoque HSE

FRESHMAN ROVER

I donˋt know, if this is valid for all markets. But I can activate the automatic door lock from the instrument menu. When activated, it locks when you reach a certain speed.

FRESHMAN ROVER

Quote Originally Posted by felipestrong View Post
    Sorry I was answering the first question and forgot to answer yours so yes as Totya said they can lock once you begin driving, just go through drivers menu options and set it to on. Some features are disabled for the NAS market like global close remotely you can global close but you have to do it by pressing the lock button on the door handle.
    2019 Range Rover Sport HSE Dynamic

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now