ICTP OTA Updates Announced! v19A2
  1. Welcome to RangeRovers.net – General discussion forum for Range Rovers

Welcome to RangeRovers.net - a website dedicated to all things Range Rovers.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join RangeRovers.net today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: ICTP OTA Updates Announced! v19A2

FRESHMAN ROVER

ICTP OTA Updates Announced! v19A2

Hi all,

just got the email below from JLR, looks like Over The Air software updates are finally coming! see below for some further information I got via email:

INTRODUCING WIRELESS SOFTWARE UPDATES FOR YOUR LAND ROVER

In the next few months we’ll be launching our first wireless software update for your vehicle. Software updates* provide a way of updating core software on your vehicle at your convenience in order to maintain and improve its capabilities without the need to visit a retailer.

Initial software updates cover minor bug fixes in the infotainment system to improve the performance and functionality however further releases will include updates to your Land Rover’s Telematics system. When an update becomes available, you will receive a pop-up notification on the infotainment - you can also check for updates through the Settings Menu.

EASY TO ACTIVATE

In order to receive software updates, you will need this feature switched on in your vehicle. This can be done through the Settings Menu > Software Updates > On/Off - you'll also need to accept the terms and conditions.

HOW TO INSTALL

Depending on your connectivity, there are two ways in which your vehicle can receive the update:

Through Wi-Fi connectivity
    If your vehicle is already connected to Wi-Fi, it will use your connection to download the software update prior to installation.

Through your personal SIM connectivity
    If your vehicle is not connected to Wi-Fi, it will download the software through your personal SIM.

When the 'Software Update' notification appears on your screen, you have three options available:

1. Install now – this will immediately start the download in the background, so you can continue your journey uninterrupted.

2. Remind me later – the notification will pop up again after six hours.

3. Skip update – this will remove the notification completely. If you later decide you’d like to install the update, you’ll need to do this via your settings.

Once the update has installed, you’ll receive a notification at the top of your screen. Likewise, you’ll also be notified if the download has failed.

For more information regarding software updates or for general help with trouble-shooting, please get in touch and we’ll be happy to help.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

Premium Member

Re: Range rover OTA Updates announced!

wonder if I'll end up having to create yet another account with them specifically to receive updates.
    2018 Range Rover SCV8
    2017 Range Rover Sport SCV8 Dynamic
    2017 Range Rover Evoque HSE

Here are the TOPIx Release Notes for 19A2, and they state it's SOTA only. They also posted a new bulletin documenting how they need to turn on SOTA in the vehicles. I'm going for 19A on Wednesday, I'll see what the dealer has to add.

IMC (INFOTAINMENT MASTER CONTROLLER) – SOFTWARE VERSION: S19A_19.11.4-330884, ASSEMBLY PART NUMBER: LX73-19C204-BA (G2379676)
    INCONTROL© TOUCH PRO 19A2
    Release Date: 2019-03-26

SOFTWARE RELEASE NOTES
    This release is only available when updating with Software Over The Air (SOTA)
    This Document contains the following information:

New features included in this release
    THE SOFTWARE RELEASE DOES NOT CONTAIN ANY NEW FEATURES.

ISSUES FIXED IN THIS RELEASE
    PARKING AID
    Parking aid audible alerts occasionally not operating after the last 19A software update has been fixed.

(DISCOVERY ONLY)
    AMBIENT LIGHTING
    Ambient lighting will no longer switch off when the Integrated Control Panel is opened

NAVIGATION
    The map screen will now switch from night to day mode automatically

(VELAR ONLY)
    AIR SUSPENSION CONTROL
    Air suspension height control soft buttons now work on the lower touchscreen. These were disabled by the previous 19A software

(VEHICLES WITH REAR HEATED SEATS ONLY)
    REAR HEATED SEATS
    Rear heated seats will no longer be highlighted in the touchscreen when customer is trying to adjust the front seats

KNOWN ISSUES IN THIS RELEASE
    REAR VIEW CAMERA JUDDER
    If the customer is experiencing a camera image not displaying as smoothly as it should be,this update may not fix it. The issue is currently under investigation and should be fixed in the next full software release.

(BRAZILIAN VEHICLES WITH TV)
    TELEVISION
    If the customer is experiencing the front screen going blank after playing the TV for a few minutes and the rear screens report no reception, this update will not fix it. The issue is currently under investigation and should be fixed in the next full software release.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

FRESHMAN ROVER

This is great news!
    -----------------------------
    2018 Yulong White RR V8

Quote Originally Posted by totya View Post
    wonder if I'll end up having to create yet another account with them specifically to receive updates.
    From the Jaguar website...

Ha!

ICTP OTA Updates Announced! v19A2-sota-no-incontrol-account.png

Premium Member

software: forgotten kid in the basement.

2018 Range Rover SCV8
    2017 Range Rover Sport SCV8 Dynamic
    2017 Range Rover Evoque HSE

Here are a couple official links about SOTA updates:

The Next Generation Infotainment (NGI) team has smashed its target of 50,000 over-the-air software updates during its latest trials:
    https://teamtalk.jaguarlandrover.com...ftware-updates

And the official Jaguar SOTA FAQ:
    https://www.jaguar.com/owners_intern...re-update.html

SOPHOMORE ROVER

Re: ICTP OTA Updates Announced! v19A2

Hmm my car just says all up to date. I have 19A
    • 2006 LR3 HSE, heavily modified (SOLD)
    • 2008 Range Rover Supercharged (SOLD)
    • 2012 Range Rover Sport Supercharged (SOLD)
    • 2014 Range Rover Sport Autobiography (SOLD)
    • 2014 Range Rover Autobiography
    • 2018 Range Rover Autobiography

Quote Originally Posted by sushisean View Post
    Hmm my car just says all up to date. I have 19A
    Yes, dealer needs to turn on SOTA for your vehicle. Some Jaguars are seeing it in the US. Haven't heard of any Land Rovers yet.

SOPHOMORE ROVER

Quote Originally Posted by michaeltw View Post
    Yes, dealer needs to turn on SOTA for your vehicle. Some Jaguars are seeing it in the US. Haven't heard of any Land Rovers yet.
    Oh interesting. I have the option and have it enabled. Does the car need to be there to be enabled or can I just call my service advisor?
    • 2006 LR3 HSE, heavily modified (SOLD)
    • 2008 Range Rover Supercharged (SOLD)
    • 2012 Range Rover Sport Supercharged (SOLD)
    • 2014 Range Rover Sport Autobiography (SOLD)
    • 2014 Range Rover Autobiography
    • 2018 Range Rover Autobiography

Quote Originally Posted by sushisean View Post
    Oh interesting. I have the option and have it enabled. Does the car need to be there to be enabled or can I just call my service advisor?
    Still unsure on that, the instructions seem to indicate the car needs to be at the dealer. Can't hurt to call.

FRESHMAN ROVER

Still unsure on that, the instructions seem to indicate the car needs to be at the dealer. Can't hurt to call.
    I think the implication is that 19A2 needs to be installed by the dealer, which turns OTA updates on going forward.
    2019 RRS SCV8 ATB L494, Indus Silver
    2017 Range Rover SCV8 L405, Scotia Gray (wife's car)

Quote Originally Posted by dwboston View Post
    I think the implication is that 19A2 needs to be installed by the dealer, which turns OTA updates on going forward.
    Nope, that I can confirm. You need 19A, then the dealer(appears to be dealer only right now) needs to activate SOTA via TOPIx, then you or the dealer runs the SOTA update. So yes, they'll probably run it for you but they don't need to.

19A2 is OTA only

FRESHMAN ROVER

Nope, that I can confirm. You need 19A, then the dealer(appears to be dealer only right now) needs to activate SOTA via TOPIx, then you or the dealer runs the SOTA update. So yes, they'll probably run it for you but they don't need to.

19A2 is OTA only
    Hopefully this can all be done after my car arrives at the dealer from England in a couple of weeks, before I take delivery.
    2019 RRS SCV8 ATB L494, Indus Silver
    2017 Range Rover SCV8 L405, Scotia Gray (wife's car)

FRESHMAN ROVER

If you have 19a installed and when you go to settings/software you can see on top it will have to options with soft power buttons one will say updates on/off and the other will say lock updates. If you have these options you are all set for OTA. If you press check for update and it say vehicle up to date then your vin has not been authorized for an update yet and the your current version is the last one for you vehicle vin. If it say's no update available then you are not set for OTA.

As Michael says The dealer may have to populate your vin into the system. While they were doing trials they only populated specific vehicles for testing. They are not going to populate all vins at one time they must be sure that the servers can handle the load doing so premature could be a disaster. So it is unclear as to how they will be adding the the vins to the system but assuming at first that the dealer would be given permission on a case by case basis would be reasonable, at least this would give them a way of controlling the server loads.
    2019 Range Rover Sport HSE Dynamic

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now