ICTP OTA Updates Announced! v19A2 - Page 3
  1. Welcome to RangeRovers.net – General discussion forum for Range Rovers

Welcome to RangeRovers.net - a website dedicated to all things Range Rovers.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join RangeRovers.net today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: ICTP OTA Updates Announced! v19A2

FRESHMAN ROVER

Re: ICTP OTA Updates Announced! v19A2

Just want to add: Regardless of which update we have if you do not wait at least 30 seconds for the whole system to boot up before touching anything or driving off we run the risk of the system being glitzy.

If you find yourself in this situation Power down wait and then restart. Sounds simple but we forget that these cars are now like computers, if they dont boot correctly files will get corrupted.
    2019 Range Rover Sport HSE Dynamic

2. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

FRESHMAN ROVER

@bill2019 agree, waiting seems to solve most issues. For me, also tapping on the first boot up screen (agreement) seems to push things along vs. not tapping it. Overall, i’m really happy with the system.

If you have been with the brand from the beginning (US) market then you are familiar with the quirks of owning what was a boutique brand. Today, JLR has to expand and it seems the "quirks" of the past are now more focused around technology bugs... which i’m Ok with.

Question: now that I have 19A as well as the DEF campaign update, when does Topix sync/get that information? It still thinks I have the old software version 18C so I cannot enable SOTA. My guess is the pathfinder tool at the dealer syncs with JLR systems to tell it what updates the car has and that gets stored with the VIN and topix provides you with list of new campaigns, updates available. Anyone know how long it takes for that to happen? I don’t think the service department has to do anything special—perhaps some batch transmit at some interval if not real-time—at least I hope not.

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mavro View Post
    Question: now that I have 19A as well as the DEF campaign update, when does Topix sync/get that information? It still thinks I have the old software version 18C so I cannot enable SOTA. My guess is the pathfinder tool at the dealer syncs with JLR systems to tell it what updates the car has and that gets stored with the VIN and topix provides you with list of new campaigns, updates available. Anyone know how long it takes for that to happen? I don’t think the service department has to do anything special—perhaps some batch transmit at some interval if not real-time—at least I hope not.
    I may be wrong but as I observed what happened to my car, I believe Topix will receive the "inventory" information when you actually prepare for SOTA. There's a few pre-requisites and apologies if you're familiar with them:
    1. it requires 3G or 4G wireless connectivity. For some reason, wi-fi just won't do, it looks like. Additionally, the vehicle's own (emergency, telematics) connectivity won't be sufficient. If someone has a different experience, please share. I couldn't make it work in the absence of a SIM with data.
    2. You must initialize the process by setting up your custom PIN. Until you're done with that, the car won't start the SOTA communication.

As soon as I had these two things covered, Topix allowed the toggle to be shifted (for the dealer - not me). Then it spent about 10-15 minutes waiting for and communicating with the vehicle. This is what looks like an inventory taking. You will notice Topix maintains the update history and such for the vehicle and it probably takes several minutes.

The image shows what I'm talking about.
    ICTP OTA Updates Announced! v19A2-screen-shot-2019-05-01-12.40.45-pm.jpg
    2018 Range Rover SCV8
    2017 Range Rover Sport SCV8 Dynamic
    2017 Range Rover Evoque HSE

5. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

FRESHMAN ROVER
    @totya thanks for those details... This is what topix shows for my vehicle and the version installed...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ICTP OTA Updates Announced! v19A2-00cbd938-17d9-43a4-893d-54e1d098ba8d_1556734349744.jpg   ICTP OTA Updates Announced! v19A2-872d05ad-384d-4ade-b9d0-eb1e184e69e2_1556734361299.jpg  
    Last edited by michaeltw; May 2nd, 2019 at 04:54 PM.

FRESHMAN ROVER
    I just realized my sim card is not activated—will try the 3 month trial... are you guys using Att or T-Mobile or something else?

Premium Member

I use t-mobile but it shouldn't matter if them or at&t
    2018 Range Rover SCV8

FRESHMAN ROVER

I noticed the same thing for F pace that had the 19 update its been that way for two weeks showing not applicable. I am bringing my RRS next week to have it updated I will ask them why. As far as the sim card being needed...i thought they said you wouldnt need it.

Premium Member

my Sport doesn't have a SIM and the identical procedure results in it not being accessible for the backend (I spent quite a bit of time trying via Wi-Fi). The Range Rover does have a working SIM and it's happily chatting and updating. <shrug> just my experience. ymmv.
    2018 Range Rover SCV8

@tatya thanks for those details... This is what topix shows for my vehicle and the version installed...
    You're already running 19A2 - version #: S19A_19.11.4-330884

Did your dealer offer to turn SOTA on?

Does anyone have more real info on what the LX73-19C204-BA represents? Is the "19C" part just coincidental? Is that just the latest version available internally?

I just had a discussion with an I-Pace owner who assumed they had 19C because of this same info on TOPIx. They're actually running 18D.

Premium Member

Only that it's the associated "part number" of a specific software version.
    https://www.fullfatrr.com/forum/topic50514.html

But you probably found these.
    2018 Range Rover SCV8

FRESHMAN ROVER

Quote Originally Posted by michaeltw View Post
    You're already running 19A2 - version #: S19A_19.11.4-330884

Did your dealer offer to turn SOTA on?

Does anyone have more real info on what the LX73-19C204-BA represents? Is the "19C" part just coincidental? Is that just the latest version available internally?

I just had a discussion with an I-Pace owner who assumed they had 19C because of this same info on TOPIx. They're actually running 18D.
    No they didn't offer, I asked. I got the feeling they didn't know what I was asking -- because they said it wasn't available yet. As such, it was hard enough to get them to install and it took 10 hours for it to update... so I guess I'm lucky they updated it to the 19A2 for me via Pathfinder.

I do have to say, again, this update is pretty, pretty, pretty good. Still some glitches but way more usable than 18C.

No they didn't offer, I asked. I got the feeling they didn't know what I was asking -- because they said it wasn't available yet. As such, it was hard enough to get them to install and it took 10 hours for it to update... so I guess I'm lucky they updated it to the 19A2 for me via Pathfinder.

I do have to say, again, this update is pretty, pretty, pretty good. Still some glitches but way more usable than 18C.
    My dealer was the same way initially so I brought the official TOPIx SOTA instructional document with me. If you want a copy let me know.

FRESHMAN ROVER

Interesting after all the times i tried to turn on SOTA and received a brief error than followed nothing. I tried again and now this popped up.

Error occurred while performing SOTA operation, please contact system administrators or try again later.Awaiting update from vehicle before the table will reflect SOTA state. Refresh this tab now.We did not receive a response from the vehicle

• Please follow the steps below to ensure mobile data is turned on:
      • Select Settings
      • Select Settings
        • SIM - Mobile data is turned on
        • Wifi - connected to a network that has no redirect to a log on / Password

• Once the above is confirmed
      • Select Settings
      • All Settings
      • Software Update
      • Please select Check for Update in order to initiate the first dummy update and select Install Now
      • Then return to TOPix to enable the vehicle update from the SOTA page

If this feature is not present, please use Pathfinder to update this car to a supported level of SOTA

FRESHMAN ROVER
    How do I check software version or update ? From lower screen I go to settings but don’t see anything else ? I just have display , climate and seats

FRESHMAN ROVER

upper screen.....

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now