Introduction & Picking Up First RR tomorrow
  1. Welcome to RangeRovers.net – General discussion forum for Range Rovers

    Welcome to RangeRovers.net - a website dedicated to all things Range Rovers.

    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join RangeRovers.net today!
     
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: Introduction & Picking Up First RR tomorrow

  1. #1
    FRESHMAN ROVER
    Join Date
    February 15th, 2019
    Location
    Greater Toronto
    Posts
    6

    Introduction & Picking Up First RR tomorrow

    Hi All - I've been lurking for a bit as I've researched our first RR. Tomorrow I'll be picking up a 2019 full size supercharged. It's Carpathian (with Shadow Pack) over Ivory interior with Shadow Walnut finishers. It has every option checked except wade sensing and Park Assist.

    My wife is downsizing from a long-serving Denali XL now that our kids are older. Excited to join the Land Rover family.

    Any experiences or tips/tricks on staying on top of Ivory interior? We've always owned dark interiors and while is looks very nice, I'm nervous about how it will wear.

    I have pics to share but am struggling to upload/share. I'm guessing there's a minimum post count.


  2. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    SOPHOMORE ROVER
    Join Date
    June 29th, 2010
    Location
    Indio, CA
    Posts
    302

    Re: Introduction & Picking Up First RR tomorrow

    Welcome to the family! I can imagine how excited you are right now. You will love the L405. Did you get the long wheel base? If not, you might miss the room from the Denali XL. Be sure to load pics soon. Congrats!
    2013 Range Rover L405 (White with Almond Interior) CURRENT
    2010 Range Rover L322 (White with Ebony Interior) SOLD
    2005 Range Rover L322 (Silver with Ebony Interior) SOLD
    2004 Range Rover L322 (Blue with Tan Interior) SOLD

  4. #3
    FRESHMAN ROVER
    Join Date
    January 16th, 2019
    Location
    Houston TX
    Posts
    8

    Re: Introduction & Picking Up First RR tomorrow

    Definitely second W84it's comment. the long wheelbase is definitely worth the money when you are already going with the v8 supercharged version.
    I use to have an escalade as my previous family SUV/ daily driver great vehicles I really enjoyed it. it was probably one of the harder vehicles to let go of. but I'm sure you will enjoy the Range Rover I certainly am enjoying my supercharged LWB, loads of power rides VERY smooth and a crazy amount of room. there's just so much to appreciate on the range rovers.Congratulations on the new rover hope you do enjoy it!
    Current Vehicles:
    2016 Range Rover supercharged LWB
    2016 Porsche Panamera edition
    2019 Ram 1500 longhorn Laramie
    2014 Camaro RS

    Gone:
    2001 Lincoln navigator
    2007 Bmw 525i
    2010 Chevrolet Silverado
    2011 Chevrolet Silverado
    2011 Cadillac Escalade
    2015 nissan altima

  5. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements
     

  6. #4
    FRESHMAN ROVER
    Join Date
    February 15th, 2019
    Location
    Greater Toronto
    Posts
    6

    Re: Introduction & Picking Up First RR tomorrow

    Thanks for the welcome! It’s a SWB. Wife wants a tighter turning radius after so many years in a full length Denali.




    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  7. #5
    FRESHMAN ROVER
    Join Date
    December 30th, 2018
    Location
    Las Vegas, Nevada
    Posts
    49

    Re: Introduction & Picking Up First RR tomorrow

    Quote Originally Posted by LockingDiff View Post
    Hi All - I've been lurking for a bit as I've researched our first RR. Tomorrow I'll be picking up a 2019 full size supercharged. It's Carpathian (with Shadow Pack) over Ivory interior with Shadow Walnut finishers. It has every option checked except wade sensing and Park Assist.

    My wife is downsizing from a long-serving Denali XL now that our kids are older. Excited to join the Land Rover family.

    Any experiences or tips/tricks on staying on top of Ivory interior? We've always owned dark interiors and while is looks very nice, I'm nervous about how it will wear.

    I have pics to share but am struggling to upload/share. I'm guessing there's a minimum post count.

    I'm waiting on a Carpathian grey RR Sport V8 Supercharged, also with the shadow walnut finishers. Please post pics of yours when you get it!

  8. #6
    FRESHMAN ROVER
    Join Date
    November 15th, 2015
    Location
    Richmond, KY
    Posts
    20

    Re: Introduction & Picking Up First RR tomorrow

    Too funny!! I bought our Rover for my wife back in 2016. She thought it was too fancy for her and instead chooses to drive a Yukon XL Denali. The Rover has become my daily driver since giving back my Passat last year.
    2016 Range Rover HSE Td6
    2018 GMC Yukon XL Denali
    2015 BMW 435i Gran Coupe
    2015 VW Passat TDI SEL - Bought back by VW (Best investment ever!!)

  9. #7
    FRESHMAN ROVER
    Join Date
    February 15th, 2019
    Location
    Greater Toronto
    Posts
    6

    Re: Introduction & Picking Up First RR tomorrow

    Quote Originally Posted by PMaggan View Post
    Too funny!! I bought our Rover for my wife back in 2016. She thought it was too fancy for her and instead chooses to drive a Yukon XL Denali. The Rover has become my daily driver since giving back my Passat last year.
    Ha! We are actually going to hold onto the Denali just in case. I’d be okay with a RR hand me down


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  10. #8
    jro
    jro is offline
    FRESHMAN ROVER
    Join Date
    April 1st, 2015
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    10

    Re: Introduction & Picking Up First RR tomorrow

    Congrats. You're gonna love it. Picked my L405 SWB up on Wednesday (Rosella Red with Ivory interior). I'm now making excuses to get into the vehicle at every opportunity!

  11. #9
    FRESHMAN ROVER
    Join Date
    February 15th, 2019
    Location
    Greater Toronto
    Posts
    6

    Re: Introduction & Picking Up First RR tomorrow

    Ended up picking it up today. Drove it immediately to local installer who will clay bar and prep it. Then, full Xpel film forward of the A pillar and 22ple coating over the Rover. Will take five days. Can’t wait to get it back. Will share some pictures when done.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  12. #10
    FRESHMAN ROVER
    Join Date
    December 30th, 2018
    Location
    Las Vegas, Nevada
    Posts
    49

    Re: Introduction & Picking Up First RR tomorrow

    Quote Originally Posted by LockingDiff View Post
    Ended up picking it up today. Drove it immediately to local installer who will clay bar and prep it. Then, full Xpel film forward of the A pillar and 22ple coating over the Rover. Will take five days. Can’t wait to get it back. Will share some pictures when done.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sounds like it's gonna look great. Can't wait to see pics! Also please take pics of the inside (I'm curious what the grey oak looks like too).

  13. #11
    FRESHMAN ROVER
    Join Date
    February 15th, 2019
    Location
    Greater Toronto
    Posts
    6

    Re: Introduction & Picking Up First RR tomorrow

    Quote Originally Posted by felipestrong View Post
    Sounds like it's gonna look great. Can't wait to see pics! Also please take pics of the inside (I'm curious what the grey oak looks like too).
    Will do, Felipe!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Similar Threads

  1. Finally picking up my RR V8 SC tomorrow after 8 months!!!
    By gq in forum Range Rover Mark IV / L405
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: January 1st, 2014, 10:37 AM
  2. Newbie, picking up first RRS tomorrow!
    By KazaMaza in forum Range Rover Sport / L320
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: August 13th, 2013, 02:09 PM
  3. New member picking up new rover tomorrow
    By tkasser in forum Range Rover Mark III / L322
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: August 18th, 2009, 09:16 AM
  4. 07 RRS SC just arrived.... picking it up tomorrow.
    By foerster99 in forum Range Rover Sport / L320
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: December 7th, 2006, 10:30 PM
  5. Picking up my RR HSE Tomorrow...Cannot Wait
    By ASGIBM in forum Range Rover Mark III / L322
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: May 19th, 2006, 01:24 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.3.0