2019 Range Issues Navigation/Entertainment/Center Console
  1. Welcome to RangeRovers.net – General discussion forum for Range Rovers

Welcome to RangeRovers.net - a website dedicated to all things Range Rovers.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join RangeRovers.net today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 2019 Range Issues Navigation/Entertainment/Center Console

FRESHMAN ROVER

2019 Range Issues Navigation/Entertainment/Center Console

Just thought I'd share this with any forum members that purchased a 2019. Received ours a couple months ago and have had continuous intermittent issues with the center console. Sometimes the screen(s) black out. The reverse camera doesn't work. The screens will start to flicker. Click on the touch screen and it is non responsive. The reverse camera will stay on for an unreasonable amount of time.

Just various issues with the system in general. May be worth tracking here if anyone else experiences this with your current 2019 or for new owners.

We've just brought it back for the second time today and hoping a new firmware exists to fix all of this. Thanks all.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

FRESHMAN ROVER

Re: 2019 Range Issues Navigation/Entertainment/Center Consol

I had similar issues with my 2019 RR. I found that if I wait until ALL software has loaded for both screens (about 20-30 sec), all is good. If you go to reverse immediately after starting, strange things happen. Fingers crossed but no issues since allowing all the computers to boot up.

FRESHMAN ROVER

Quote Originally Posted by mikemdd View Post
    I had similar issues with my 2019 RR. I found that if I wait until ALL software has loaded for both screens (about 20-30 sec), all is good. If you go to reverse immediately after starting, strange things happen. Fingers crossed but no issues since allowing all the computers to boot up.
    Similar experiences here in my 2018, even with the latest software update. If shifting into reverse after starting the car all kinds of weird things happen.
    -----------------------------
    2018 Yulong White RR V8

5. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

FRESHMAN ROVER
    Welcome to the club. I have been struggling with the infotainment system in nearly two years first with an MY17 and now an MY18. The system get better after each software update but the bugs unfortunately keep coming. I will soon give up this brand for another if they don’t solve this issues.

FRESHMAN ROVER

same thing on my 2018 RR. all of the above and more. the good news: all fixed with the new software updates

FRESHMAN ROVER

Quote Originally Posted by johngolia View Post
    same thing on my 2018 RR. all of the above and more. the good news: all fixed with the new software updates
    Would you mind sharing what is the version number of your update? Mine supposedly got the latest update just 1 month ago but still experiencing many of the same issues.
    -----------------------------
    2018 Yulong White RR V8

Only issue I’ve had with my 2019 is that quite often, the navigation map on the digital instrument cluster does not appear when I start the car. I have to scroll through the display menu and reset the full map option.

Other than that, everything works perfectly and the system never lags at all.

FRESHMAN ROVER

my truck was at the dealership multiple times. they installed every update available

FRESHMAN ROVER

Mine is actually pretty solid, every once in a while it will take a while for my "media" to play but is otherwise fine. its a 2019 that wasn't originally specced with CarPlay but they did the CarPlay update on it, and it all seems to work...

FRESHMAN ROVER
    Incredible that some of you have solid systems. The software release note they send out with every update says the opposit. But it has slowly been improved for each software release and that’s good but there is still a many bugs left to call it above and beyond...

FRESHMAN ROVER

My 2017 RR HSE Td6 also have all sorts of issues if I start my vehicle and engage reverse. However, if I wait for full system boot up, I am free of issues. Try waiting for about 15 to 20 seconds and then engage into gear and advise us if the problem is solved.

Quote Originally Posted by LoneRangerOne View Post
    Just thought I'd share this with any forum members that purchased a 2019. Received ours a couple months ago and have had continuous intermittent issues with the center console. Sometimes the screen(s) black out. The reverse camera doesn't work. The screens will start to flicker. Click on the touch screen and it is non responsive. The reverse camera will stay on for an unreasonable amount of time.

Just various issues with the system in general. May be worth tracking here if anyone else experiences this with your current 2019 or for new owners.

We've just brought it back for the second time today and hoping a new firmware exists to fix all of this. Thanks all.

FRESHMAN ROVER

Quote Originally Posted by brazeagle View Post
    My 2017 RR HSE Td6 also have all sorts of issues if I start my vehicle and engage reverse. However, if I wait for full system boot up, I am free of issues. Try waiting for about 15 to 20 seconds and then engage into gear and advise us if the problem is solved.
    I agree. I wait for everything to boot up and works perfectly. If not, issues as you describe.

SENIOR ROVER

I hate to be that guy, and hope I don't jinx it But after getting the latest update a month ago, everything has been working great. The one issue that still persists is not always getting the full map on the cluster

I jinxed my post above. Got in the Range Rover today and the entire lower screen is blacked out and the center screen is greyed out flickers while auto adjusting up and down.

Not happy about this at all.

Folks the new 18D update was just released. for ICTP. if your dealer does not have it available, tell them to get it. It fixes a lot of issue folks are complaining about
    Last edited by RRToadHall; December 23rd, 2018 at 07:44 AM.
    When dealing with yourself, act with your brain
    When dealing others, act with your heart.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now