2019 Range Issues Navigation/Entertainment/Center Console - Page 2
  1. Welcome to RangeRovers.net – General discussion forum for Range Rovers

    Welcome to RangeRovers.net - a website dedicated to all things Range Rovers.

    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join RangeRovers.net today!
     
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 16 to 30 of 30

Thread: 2019 Range Issues Navigation/Entertainment/Center Console

  1. #16
    FRESHMAN ROVER
    Join Date
    October 27th, 2015
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    6

    Re: 2019 Range Issues Navigation/Entertainment/Center Consol

    I have 18D. Still have many issues

    Cannot imagine a MB or BMW having these sort of issues.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

  2. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements
     

  3. #17
    FRESHMAN ROVER
    Join Date
    February 25th, 2018
    Location
    Holland
    Posts
    9

    Re: 2019 Range Issues Navigation/Entertainment/Center Consol

    Quote Originally Posted by Bibendum View Post
    I have 18D. Still have many issues

    Cannot imagine a MB or BMW having these sort of issues.
    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Maybee you can tell us the "many" issues that are still present??

  4. #18
    FORUM MODERATOR RRToadHall's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 12th, 2006
    Location
    Kloshe Lodge, Shelter Bay, Washington
    Posts
    27,610

    Re: 2019 Range Issues Navigation/Entertainment/Center Consol

    Okay folks, some of you are getting way too far off topic. This thread is not for cruise control issues, back up cameras... etc. The thread topic is for MY 2019 nav, ICE and center console issues, assuming that means the dual touch screens. Please stay on topic post actual facts about what your issues are. Nobody can assist on broad sweeping statements or vague generalizations.

    Brazeagle has the best suggestion in the entire thread take your time when you start a trip. Any technology takes awhile to load up. Tablets, cell phones, computers all take a bit to load up. If you start your Rover and start poking at the touch screens before things are even loaded it's just going to delay things even further. It's like turning on a cell phone you have to for the OS to load, for carrier to be verified and and reception to be established. If you start trying to dial out before you have reception it's not going to work.

    Above all else, other car makers have absolutely no impact on JLR tech that has always been behind the times. You folks that have had many past Range Rovers KNOW buying another one means a different set of tech issues.
    Last edited by RRToadHall; December 23rd, 2018 at 08:08 AM.
    When dealing with yourself, act with your brain
    When dealing others, act with your heart.

  5. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements
     

  6. #19
    FRESHMAN ROVER
    Join Date
    October 27th, 2015
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    6

    Re: 2019 Range Issues Navigation/Entertainment/Center Consol

    Remaining issues post install of 18D:

    1. Bluetooth not working/will not pair phones
    2. Car will select FM radio source by itself (previously listening to SiriusXM)
    3. Backup cameras will not display when selecting reverse (car gets stuck on the PDC display)
    4. Climate will go to “LO” when selecting reverse
    5. Climate will go out of sync (left/right temperatures split)

    I’m not sure if this qualifies as display issues, but I tend to view them as such since they are all integrated in the displays and the software revision was meant to fix them. At least the release notes indicated they did.

    And with all respect, I don’t think that anyone goes out expecting a new $100K Range to have electronic issues any more than they expect it to break down at the side of the road. I had a ‘16 that was flawless in all respects and a testament to the brand. I cannot say the same for the 2019.

    I understand software has inevitable flaws, but then just activate the OTA updates and save me trips to the dealer.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

  7. #20
    FRESHMAN ROVER
    Join Date
    February 8th, 2014
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    53

    Re: 2019 Range Issues Navigation/Entertainment/Center Consol

    I had similar issues with my 2019 RR. I found that if I wait until ALL software has loaded for both screens (about 20-30 sec), all is good. If you go to reverse immediately after starting, strange things happen. Fingers crossed but no issues since allowing all the computers to boot up.


    Ditto....otherwise good - fingers crossed...
    2019 RR ATB - Byron Blue

  8. #21
    FRESHMAN ROVER
    Join Date
    November 28th, 2018
    Posts
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by RRToadHall View Post
    Okay folks, some of you are getting way too far off topic. This thread is not for cruise control issues, back up cameras... etc. The thread topic is for MY 2019 nav, ICE and center console issues, assuming that means the dual touch screens. Please stay on topic post actual facts about what your issues are. Nobody can assist on broad sweeping statements or vague generalizations.

    Brazeagle has the best suggestion in the entire thread take your time when you start a trip. Any technology takes awhile to load up. Tablets, cell phones, computers all take a bit to load up. If you start your Rover and start poking at the touch screens before things are even loaded it's just going to delay things even further. It's like turning on a cell phone you have to for the OS to load, for carrier to be verified and and reception to be established. If you start trying to dial out before you have reception it's not going to work.

    Above all else, other car makers have absolutely no impact on JLR tech that has always been behind the times. You folks that have had many past Range Rovers KNOW buying another one means a different set of tech issues.


    Just to update. Yes I was referring the camera and backup issues as well. Anything related to the center and dash console. All the electronics to this day are inconsistent. I’ve done at least four updates and still have similar issues to what everyone has described.

  9. #22
    Premium Member
    Join Date
    December 29th, 2013
    Location
    Windham, New Hampshire
    Posts
    1,680

    Re: 2019 Range Issues Navigation/Entertainment/Center Consol

    Then you're not updating right. 18C and 18D ironed out the vast majority of bugs in the system. Notice the posts above are from 6+ months ago.
    The current version isn't bug-free, but it's just not frustrating any more.
    2018 Range Rover SCV8
    2017 Range Rover Sport SCV8 Dynamic
    2017 Range Rover Evoque HSE

  10. #23
    FRESHMAN ROVER
    Join Date
    September 29th, 2018
    Location
    long island, ny
    Posts
    246

    Re: 2019 Range Issues Navigation/Entertainment/Center Consol

    Lets face it folks The vehicle is controlled by a computer it is no longer purely mechanical and just like any computer when booting up and loading operation files sometimes files get corrupted and glitches will happen even if it never happened before it sometime can and will. As I and many have said before start vehicle and DONT TOUCH ANYTHING until Idle down and you see the screens fully loaded. not doing so will just cause a random issue do to corruption. Just yesterday I thought I waited long enough for things to load but I made the mistake of plugging my Phone in to charge before it was done and went the whole trip with no audio either for phone or radio, I didnt want to pull over and shut down for a reboot. This was my fault not the vehicles.

    If you are having issues make a note for yourself of under what conditions this had happened and try and see if you did anything different to cause it. We just need to thing computer not Nuts and bolts......
    2019 Range Rover Sport HSE Dynamic

  11. #24
    FRESHMAN ROVER
    Join Date
    November 28th, 2018
    Posts
    7
    Got literally dozens of private messages from all of you. So that i don’t have to keep repeating myself, please just talk to your dealership about the problems you’re experiencing and make a note of every interaction and problem. Personally, I video recorded all of them even up to the beta 19 release they stuck on my car and literally ruined it.. If you live in California, feel free to PM me directly so I can direct you to the right help as California has better consumer protection laws than any other state (you’ll either get a repurchase or if you are willing to deal with it, $$$K back to compensate for the devaluation due to the intermittent infotainment issues (camera, display screens, anything related to that console, etc.). Money back will be determined based on your current use, purchase price, and to some degree, what data points you can provide regarding resell values in your area. As I shared privately, this is finally going to get resolved the legal way. You can close this thread as it obviously makes few folks perturbed for some strange reason.

  12. #25
    FRESHMAN ROVER
    Join Date
    January 31st, 2019
    Location
    Chicago Suburbia
    Posts
    5

    Re: 2019 Range Issues Navigation/Entertainment/Center Consol

    Relatively new owner here. 2019 SVA with rear entertainment, CarPlay, and over the air updates so software is current.
    Issues:
    Screen sometimes blacked out, on but unresponsive, playing something other than displayed, reverts to AM as default, won't play media off thumb drive, PDC instead of backup cam (appears to be an issue when CarPlay is on), backup cam on a long time (sometimes), and can't play all 3 screens at the same time (there is no way to synch them). I have a NAVIKS module for media in motion but have not installed it as things don't work anyway.
    The tech guy at the dealership could not help me any more than where we are at now. I have video'd these issues and shown him and he has no explanation. I am fully updated. I am happy some of those who updated are symptom-free, but clearly others are not. Maybe instead of asking people not to add on with related or similar computer-related infotainment issues, we could stop the "I'm having no issues!" posts. Those are the ones that don't contribute.
    I could start a new thread about the last few issues, but it wouldn't make the issues or discussion less annoying for everyone.


    PS, starting things "too quickly" is not your fault. It is the vehicles. These are vehicles with instant oil pressure, meant to be driven, and people are saying to not touch anything until all the software loads up. This isn't Window95 here.

  13. #26
    FRESHMAN ROVER
    Join Date
    September 2nd, 2018
    Location
    Yorkshire, UK
    Posts
    26

    Re: 2019 Range Issues Navigation/Entertainment/Center Consol

    I know you have said you are on the latest software release, but could you post your version? As far as I know the latest release is 19A2.

    I’m on 19A and overall stability has improved massively. I don’t trust dealers to actually update the car to the latest release, and in my car the OTA update check tells me my software is up to date when I know it’s not, so you may not actually be on the latest release.

  14. #27
    FRESHMAN ROVER
    Join Date
    September 29th, 2018
    Location
    long island, ny
    Posts
    246

    Re: 2019 Range Issues Navigation/Entertainment/Center Consol

    Quote Originally Posted by manic View Post
    PS, starting things "too quickly" is not your fault. It is the vehicles. These are vehicles with instant oil pressure, meant to be driven, and people are saying to not touch anything until all the software loads up. This isn't Window95 here.
    ignorance does not help anyone here... The entire vehicle is computerized, Look at the shop manual and you will begin to see that everything is connected by Flex ray and other cables that communicate to each other in order to operate properly. But as for the entertainment and other controls on the front screen this is all passing through a type of computer processor and DOES need to boot properly before it can configure and control the modules it is linked to. Even further proof of this, after you shut your vehicle off the system stay active so it can slowly shut down. it does several tests before it shuts down (sleep Mode) it never really shuts completely off because it is linked to the communication network that is used for roadside assistance and also to you phone app.

    To think that you can just jump in and go is naive. if you need proof of possible problems start your car and take off right away you will soon see that cameras dont work parking or proximity sensors. If you are lucky they will slowly boot up and become active but it is more likely than not that one or more of these will fail and a full shut down and restart will be needed to correct the issue.
    2019 Range Rover Sport HSE Dynamic

  15. #28
    FRESHMAN ROVER
    Join Date
    January 31st, 2019
    Location
    Chicago Suburbia
    Posts
    5

    Re: 2019 Range Issues Navigation/Entertainment/Center Consol

    Quote Originally Posted by bill2019 View Post
    ignorance does not help anyone here... The entire vehicle is computerized, Look at the shop manual and you will begin to see that everything is connected by Flex ray and other cables that communicate to each other in order to operate properly. But as for the entertainment and other controls on the front screen this is all passing through a type of computer processor and DOES need to boot properly before it can configure and control the modules it is linked to. Even further proof of this, after you shut your vehicle off the system stay active so it can slowly shut down. it does several tests before it shuts down (sleep Mode) it never really shuts completely off because it is linked to the communication network that is used for roadside assistance and also to you phone app.

    To think that you can just jump in and go is naive. if you need proof of possible problems start your car and take off right away you will soon see that cameras dont work parking or proximity sensors. If you are lucky they will slowly boot up and become active but it is more likely than not that one or more of these will fail and a full shut down and restart will be needed to correct the issue.
    You are absolutely correct in your understanding of how computers control the car and need time to work properly. But it is still not the owner's fault. It's a design or execution issue. If the car is meant to be driven and operate a certain way, then it should do so. Whether that means the computer comes off hibernate as soon as you touch the door handle, ignores your iPhone for an extra few seconds, faster cables, more RAM, or whatever, I have no idea. But you are laying fault where it does not belong. This is classic victim blaming.
    It's 2019 and a $180,000 vehicle for God's sake. Don't give me workarounds. It should just work.

  16. #29
    FRESHMAN ROVER
    Join Date
    September 29th, 2018
    Location
    long island, ny
    Posts
    246

    Re: 2019 Range Issues Navigation/Entertainment/Center Consol

    it was never a matter of blame but education. Vehicles are not the same anymore and never will be, they are all controlled by computers now and All computers need time to boot. you cannot hit the power button on your PC and right away surf the internet, you need to wait for everything to load and settle before you can even touch the mouse.

    Is it the fastest on the RR probably not but there is a lot that they packed into the vehicle and I am sure in the future things will be much faster.

    Times are forever changing and we all need to try and keep up with them. Many people dont understand about how the vehicles of today operate so those of us that do need to educate those who dont
    2019 Range Rover Sport HSE Dynamic

  17. #30
    FRESHMAN ROVER
    Join Date
    January 31st, 2019
    Location
    Chicago Suburbia
    Posts
    5

    Re: 2019 Range Issues Navigation/Entertainment/Center Consol

    Quote Originally Posted by bill2019 View Post
    Many people dont understand about how the vehicles of today operate so those of us that do need to educate those who dont
    So glad you're here to help us.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Similar Threads

  1. 10" rear seat entertainment - 2019
    By Journeyguy in forum Range Rover Mark IV / L405
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: December 29th, 2018, 06:34 PM
  2. Non Entertainment package conversion to entertainment packag
    By robocop70 in forum Range Rover Sport / L320
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: October 11th, 2018, 07:21 PM
  3. Center Console Dead, would Softdash console fit?
    By miggit in forum Range Rover Classic
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: March 15th, 2017, 01:50 PM
  4. Trick compartment for center console - Range Rover Sport
    By Gakouri in forum General Chatter
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: February 13th, 2013, 08:31 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.3.0