2018 V8 Hesitation on Acceleration? - Page 5
  1. Welcome to RangeRovers.net – General discussion forum for Range Rovers

    Welcome to RangeRovers.net - a website dedicated to all things Range Rovers.

    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join RangeRovers.net today!
     
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 89

Thread: 2018 V8 Hesitation on Acceleration?

  1. #61
    Premium Member
    Join Date
    July 2nd, 2006
    Location
    It's a dry heat
    Posts
    1,737

    Re: 2018 V8 Hesitation on Acceleration?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar27 View Post
    I can post more info if needed. Just let me know.
    Yes please!! Any specifics would help the rest of us tell our dealerships exactly which patch/update addresses this specific issue. Thanks!

  2. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements
     

  3. #62
    SOPHOMORE ROVER
    Join Date
    October 18th, 2013
    Location
    Kitchener, on
    Posts
    266

    Re: 2018 V8 Hesitation on Acceleration?

    Do you guys think it just affects all the cars, just to different degrees?
    Anyone with an SVR have this issue?
    I mainly drive in dynamic mode and don’t notice it. Just my wife drove my car and said it was slow (I know, nearly pulled my hair outta my head) but it got me thinking, might be this issue?
    Good to hear there’s a fix!



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2018 Range Rover Sport- SVR- Estoril Blue- Cirrus
    2016 Range Rover Sport- V8 Dynamic- Corris Grey- London Tan

  4. #63
    SENIOR ROVER Jaguar27's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 9th, 2012
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    1,170

    Re: 2018 V8 Hesitation on Acceleration?

    Accelerate forward
    Cause:ATCM software issues.

    performed pathfinder diagnostic.
    found codes U2300-54 ( central confit missing )

    checked ATCM SOFTWARE LEVEL found update available.

    UPDATED ATCM. JPLA-14D024-AC to JPLA-14DO24-AD

    JPLA-14D025-1C to JPLA-14DO25-AD

    checked GWM SOFTWARE LEVEL FOUND UPDATE AVAILABLE.
    UPDATED GWM JK52-14DO25-AD
    UPDATED GWM JK52-14F530-DE to JK52-14F530-DG, JK52-14F531-DD to JK52-14F531-DE

    CLEARED ALL FAULT CODES.
    ‘18 Range Rover - Corris Grey/Black
    ’ 19 Jaguar F-Type Coupe - Fuji White / Red
    '16 Jaguar F-Type Roadster - Fuji White/Black
    ‘16 Range Rover Sport HST - Fuji Whie/Black (sold)
    2014.5 Range Rover Sport HSE - Fuji White / Almond & Espresso (sold)
    2013 GT Limited Edition - Fuji White/Black (sold)

    Carpe Diem !

  5. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements
     

  6. #64
    FRESHMAN ROVER
    Join Date
    December 21st, 2018
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    139

    Re: 2018 V8 Hesitation on Acceleration?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar27 View Post
    Accelerate forward
    Cause:ATCM software issues.

    performed pathfinder diagnostic.
    found codes U2300-54 ( central confit missing )

    checked ATCM SOFTWARE LEVEL found update available.

    UPDATED ATCM. JPLA-14D024-AC to JPLA-14DO24-AD

    JPLA-14D025-1C to JPLA-14DO25-AD

    checked GWM SOFTWARE LEVEL FOUND UPDATE AVAILABLE.
    UPDATED GWM JK52-14DO25-AD
    UPDATED GWM JK52-14F530-DE to JK52-14F530-DG, JK52-14F531-DD to JK52-14F531-DE

    CLEARED ALL FAULT CODES.
    What's GWM? I assume ATCM is automatic transmission control module, but GWM is stumping me.
    2019 RRS SCV8 ATB L494, Indus Silver
    2017 Range Rover SCV8 L405, Scotia Gray (wife's car)

  7. #65
    Premium Member
    Join Date
    December 29th, 2013
    Location
    Windham, New Hampshire
    Posts
    1,654

    Re: 2018 V8 Hesitation on Acceleration?

    gateway module
    2018 Range Rover SCV8
    2017 Range Rover Sport SCV8 Dynamic
    2017 Range Rover Evoque HSE

  8. #66
    SENIOR ROVER Jaguar27's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 9th, 2012
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    1,170

    Re: 2018 V8 Hesitation on Acceleration?

    Just a quick update: It’s been a few Days since the ATCM Software Fox. Still no hesitation whatsoever, so it seems like it worked. Anyone else with this problem had it taken care of yet?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar27 View Post
    Accelerate forward
    Cause:ATCM software issues.

    performed pathfinder diagnostic.
    found codes U2300-54 ( central confit missing )

    checked ATCM SOFTWARE LEVEL found update available.

    UPDATED ATCM. JPLA-14D024-AC to JPLA-14DO24-AD

    JPLA-14D025-1C to JPLA-14DO25-AD

    checked GWM SOFTWARE LEVEL FOUND UPDATE AVAILABLE.
    UPDATED GWM JK52-14DO25-AD
    UPDATED GWM JK52-14F530-DE to JK52-14F530-DG, JK52-14F531-DD to JK52-14F531-DE

    CLEARED ALL FAULT CODES.
    ‘18 Range Rover - Corris Grey/Black
    ’ 19 Jaguar F-Type Coupe - Fuji White / Red
    '16 Jaguar F-Type Roadster - Fuji White/Black
    ‘16 Range Rover Sport HST - Fuji Whie/Black (sold)
    2014.5 Range Rover Sport HSE - Fuji White / Almond & Espresso (sold)
    2013 GT Limited Edition - Fuji White/Black (sold)

    Carpe Diem !

  9. #67
    FRESHMAN ROVER
    Join Date
    September 29th, 2018
    Location
    long island, ny
    Posts
    231

    Re: 2018 V8 Hesitation on Acceleration?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar27 View Post
    Just a quick update: It’s been a few Days since the ATCM Software Fox. Still no hesitation whatsoever, so it seems like it worked. Anyone else with this problem had it taken care of yet?
    are you sure you had the same issue as we all had? Because from what i was told there is no software update as of yet dealing specifically with the delay issue. You may have had an out of date software for you vehicle so they just did the standard update and it is this that fixed your problem. If you have heard any different info than please elaborate. But Glad you vehicle is working just fine.
    2019 Range Rover Sport HSE Dynamic

  10. #68
    FRESHMAN ROVER
    Join Date
    December 21st, 2018
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    139

    Re: 2018 V8 Hesitation on Acceleration?

    Quote Originally Posted by bill2019 View Post
    are you sure you had the same issue as we all had? Because from what i was told there is no software update as of yet dealing specifically with the delay issue. You may have had an out of date software for you vehicle so they just did the standard update and it is this that fixed your problem. If you have heard any different info than please elaborate. But Glad you vehicle is working just fine.
    It was pointed out previously in the thread, but are you sure you have the same issue? The thread started out as a V8-specific one (which is how I found it as my wife has a 2017 RR SCV8, with no hesitation issue as far as we can tell), but has gotten jumbled with the V6, diesel and now RRS models. If your vehicle is a V6 RRS, are you sure you have the same exact issue as a RR SCV8 model? It's hard to tell if these are all the same problem with the mix of engines and models in the thread.
    2019 RRS SCV8 ATB L494, Indus Silver
    2017 Range Rover SCV8 L405, Scotia Gray (wife's car)

  11. #69
    FRESHMAN ROVER
    Join Date
    September 29th, 2018
    Location
    long island, ny
    Posts
    231

    Re: 2018 V8 Hesitation on Acceleration?

    Quote Originally Posted by dwboston View Post
    It was pointed out previously in the thread, but are you sure you have the same issue? The thread started out as a V8-specific one (which is how I found it as my wife has a 2017 RR SCV8, with no hesitation issue as far as we can tell), but has gotten jumbled with the V6, diesel and now RRS models. If your vehicle is a V6 RRS, are you sure you have the same exact issue as a RR SCV8 model? It's hard to tell if these are all the same problem with the mix of engines and models in the thread.
    Yes... The engine does not matter (except diesel) nor even the vehicle this had been a problem even on the discovery models since 2014 Some where along the way they began installing 2014-2017 TCM updates to the vehicles and it was after this that vehicles that did not have an issue now had one. This is even stated in one of the SSM from JLR that they would be pulling that update from the system and if anyone who had it and would not pick up there vehicle after service that service would have to file a report.

    Also as stated by JLR the delay is due to programming for a specific torque strategy.
    2019 Range Rover Sport HSE Dynamic

  12. #70
    FRESHMAN ROVER
    Join Date
    December 21st, 2018
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    139

    Re: 2018 V8 Hesitation on Acceleration?

    Quote Originally Posted by bill2019 View Post
    Yes... The engine does not matter (except diesel) nor even the vehicle this had been a problem even on the discovery models since 2014 Some where along the way they began installing 2014-2017 TCM updates to the vehicles and it was after this that vehicles that did not have an issue now had one. This is even stated in one of the SSM from JLR that they would be pulling that update from the system and if anyone who had it and would not pick up there vehicle after service that service would have to file a report.

    Also as stated by JLR the delay is due to programming for a specific torque strategy.
    Is there proof or documentation (TSBs, etc.) of any of this, especially the last line of your post, or just your assertion? Is the poster above who last week received the ATCM and GWM software updates wrong?
    2019 RRS SCV8 ATB L494, Indus Silver
    2017 Range Rover SCV8 L405, Scotia Gray (wife's car)

  13. #71
    FRESHMAN ROVER
    Join Date
    February 24th, 2019
    Posts
    15

    Re: 2018 V8 Hesitation on Acceleration?

    My dealer had a conference call with Jaguar/LandRover last week. They were told they are still working on the problem, and hope to have a fix in 2-4 weeks. My dealer has had my car at the shop 3 weeks now, and looks like it will be more. This is by my choosing, but I will not put my family in this vehicle. So my dealer had me call Land Rover customer service, and ask for a new vehicle. My dealer first reported this problem to LR on February 19, and feel 3 months is long enough. So far, it sounds like they are on my side, and I will say they are really trying to make me happy. I will keep you updated, as LR told me to expect a call by Wednesday, with options.

  14. #72
    FRESHMAN ROVER
    Join Date
    September 29th, 2018
    Location
    long island, ny
    Posts
    231

    Re: 2018 V8 Hesitation on Acceleration?

    Quote Originally Posted by dwboston View Post
    Is there proof or documentation (TSBs, etc.) of any of this, especially the last line of your post, or just your assertion? Is the poster above who last week received the ATCM and GWM software updates wrong?
    Just finished responding to your other inquisition on the other l494 thread I really wish you would read through all the comments for this thread and you would see I am not just talking out of my but. I don't state things like that without PROOF not that I should need it (perhaps its just your wording that seem offensive).

    But here it is for yours and others eyes to see: https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/20...57159-9999.pdf
    2019 Range Rover Sport HSE Dynamic

  15. #73
    FRESHMAN ROVER
    Join Date
    September 29th, 2018
    Location
    long island, ny
    Posts
    231

    Re: 2018 V8 Hesitation on Acceleration?

    Quote Originally Posted by Flinthills View Post
    My dealer had a conference call with Jaguar/LandRover last week. They were told they are still working on the problem, and hope to have a fix in 2-4 weeks. My dealer has had my car at the shop 3 weeks now, and looks like it will be more. This is by my choosing, but I will not put my family in this vehicle. So my dealer had me call Land Rover customer service, and ask for a new vehicle. My dealer first reported this problem to LR on February 19, and feel 3 months is long enough. So far, it sounds like they are on my side, and I will say they are really trying to make me happy. I will keep you updated, as LR told me to expect a call by Wednesday, with options.
    I feel your pain I have not driven mine more than a few miles a week still less than 600 miles on it since December. Good thing I have another vehicle. I didn't even bother bringing mine in for other quirks until the fix is issued. As soon as it comes in they will take my vehicle in without waiting. I will let you know when it comes in.

    Unfortunately JLRNA customer service will be not help they dont have any technical info all they can do is create a file for you to pass along. they dont have access to the system like the service centers do. They will always direct you to speak with the dealership.

    And yes I am sure the service managers are feeling it and wish they would do something about it since it has been going on for years, they are at the mercy of engineers if nothing is passed along to them they are helpless. They rely on their authorization for everything or else they do not get paid, plus they are not at liberty to alter anything beyond factory spec without the say so from above.

    My only fear is when they make that change it is going to alter other characteristics of the driving performance. I feel it is going to involve more than just the TCM they probably will have to alter other modules like the PCM to compensate for the changes.

    Thanks for updating your situation.
    2019 Range Rover Sport HSE Dynamic

  16. #74
    FRESHMAN ROVER
    Join Date
    December 21st, 2018
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    139

    Re: 2018 V8 Hesitation on Acceleration?

    Quote Originally Posted by bill2019 View Post
    Just finished responding to your other inquisition on the other l494 thread I really wish you would read through all the comments for this thread and you would see I am not just talking out of my but. I don't state things like that without PROOF not that I should need it (perhaps its just your wording that seem offensive).

    But here it is for yours and others eyes to see: https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/20...57159-9999.pdf
    It's funny that you find questions as to your claims and sources to be "offensive". It's telling. You're just some guy making claims on the internet. Word of caution, I'd be careful about asserting that the cars are dangerous without concrete proof if I were you. That could open you up to some liability.
    2019 RRS SCV8 ATB L494, Indus Silver
    2017 Range Rover SCV8 L405, Scotia Gray (wife's car)

  17. #75
    Premium Member
    Join Date
    July 2nd, 2006
    Location
    It's a dry heat
    Posts
    1,737

    Re: 2018 V8 Hesitation on Acceleration?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar27 View Post
    Just a quick update: It’s been a few Days since the ATCM Software Fox. Still no hesitation whatsoever, so it seems like it worked. Anyone else with this problem had it taken care of yet?
    Thanks for posting that tech info. I sent it over to my SA and she said they'll have the specific throttle software update in the next few weeks. Mines a 2015 RRS SCV8.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Similar Threads

  1. Low speed hesitation with acceleration
    By dantheman1 in forum Range Rover Sport / L320
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: January 4th, 2017, 02:24 PM
  2. '14 HSE S/C V6 Hesitation on Acceleration
    By youforia in forum Range Rover Mark IV / L405
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: August 14th, 2013, 07:34 PM
  3. 2008 3.6L Diesel intermittent acceleration hesitation
    By Butch in forum Range Rover Mark III / L322
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: July 28th, 2013, 01:05 AM
  4. Hesitation on acceleration?
    By nazdackster in forum Range Rover Classic
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: January 1st, 2013, 05:27 AM
  5. Extreme hesitation during acceleration on 2010 S/C...
    By skydiver in forum Range Rover Sport / L320
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: September 29th, 2011, 07:50 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.3.0