2017 Live - No connection
  1. Welcome to RangeRovers.net – General discussion forum for Range Rovers

Welcome to RangeRovers.net - a website dedicated to all things Range Rovers.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join RangeRovers.net today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 2017 Live - No connection

FRESHMAN ROVER

2017 Live - No connection

Has anyone had any luck activating the live account. Every time I click the live button to activate it displays no internet connection. I have my iPhone plugged in the center console and it has LTE and wifi.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

Premium Member

Re: 2017 Live - No connection

make sure the system is online (you see a 3G icon in the upper right corner) and you allow data connection under the connection settings in the menu.
    your phone is irrelevant, the vehicle doesn't need the phone for connection. it needs the SIM it came with to be active & connected.

More to the point that having to setup multiple separate accounts for one vehicle is crazy.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

FRESHMAN ROVER

Quote Originally Posted by totya View Post
    make sure the system is online (you see a 3G icon in the upper right corner) and you allow data connection under the connection settings in the menu.
    your phone is irrelevant, the vehicle doesn't need the phone for connection. it needs the SIM it came with to be active & connected.
    Appreciate the help, Would I need to activate an account with At&t to use Live? Is it worth 10.00 per month - for the weather and news? Any workarounds to use the iPhone data connection?
    2017 Live - No connection-live.jpg2017 Live - No connection-live2.jpg

Premium Member

you got a 3 months trial. the screenshot shows that your connection is active. note that the NAV uses this connection, too, for traffic data. It's most def. worth $10 in an around cities & traffic. If that's not your life, then, well - your call.

Do you have data connectivity enabled for the system? Go to settings, then find "connection settings" and make sure it is.

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by michaeltw View Post
    More to the point that having to setup multiple separate accounts for one vehicle is crazy.
    And this whole setup process is a well defined nightmare, yeah. You should post a video. I'm getting a new Sport in April, maybe we can collaborate.

FRESHMAN ROVER

you got a 3 months trial. the screenshot shows that your connection is active. note that the NAV uses this connection, too, for traffic data. It's most def. worth $10 in an around cities & traffic. If that's not your life, then, well - your call.

Do you have data connectivity enabled for the system? Go to settings, then find "connection settings" and make sure it is.
    I have searched the menu - I can't find any spot to activate.

And this whole setup process is a well defined nightmare, yeah. You should post a video. I'm getting a new Sport in April, maybe we can collaborate.
    We probably should - are you sure you don't want to push it to an MY18 and see what they fix? Or have you heard anything at all about MY17.5? Not starting a rumor, just asking - no idea if that's even a thing this MY(added for others, not you Totya).

Premium Member

I haven't heard absolutely anything yet, but that doesn't mean much of course.
    There's going to be about 50k Range Rover & Sport deliveries this quarter (December closed at almost 15k) and clearly people are struggling to set this thing up.

FRESHMAN ROVER

Quote Originally Posted by toddw View Post
    I have searched the menu - I can't find any spot to activate.
    I called Land Rover today and they told me how to enable it.
    -Click all settings
    -Click Features
    -Click Connectivity
    -Click turn mobile data on

Super easy and everything is working great. I am not sure If I will keep live after the free period. I really like in control apps on this new system. It's really fast and I love the Accuweather and Spotify apps. The mic button on the steering wheel actually works really well. Click the button and say dial whomever mobile and it always works.

FRESHMAN ROVER
    I recently picked up a new '17 and have yet to experience a mobile data connection. After four calls with AT&T they want to send me to the dealership. I go to connectivity settings, switch mobile data on, agree to the terms and then it pops up with "mobile data not available". Has anyone else experienced this?

I had mobile connectivity for 4 months in my 2018 F-Pace, and it stopped 3 days ago. They are picking it up Monday to check on it and I'll let you know what they say.

FRESHMAN ROVER

Quote Originally Posted by toddw View Post
    I called Land Rover today and they told me how to enable it.
    -Click all settings
    -Click Features
    -Click Connectivity
    -Click turn mobile data on

Super easy and everything is working great. I am not sure If I will keep live after the free period. I really like in control apps on this new system. It's really fast and I love the Accuweather and Spotify apps. The mic button on the steering wheel actually works really well. Click the button and say dial whomever mobile and it always works.
    If I am not wrong, for the apps to work all you need to do is connect your phone with a USB wire to the center console USB ports, additionally, if you don't want to keep using ATT in your car after the trial expires, I think you can do it the other way around, that is, setting a hotspot with your phone, (if your handset/plan allows it), and connect your car to your mobile phone.
    2016 RRS V8
    2018 RR V8

LR1

I've found the data connection to be quite finicky. had multiple problems with connectivity earlier on and the system continues to act up and not keep connected and/or get service.... don't know if the problem is LR or ATT and neither does either of them. For instance, the other day was driving in an area where i have always gotten service before and the system kept cutting and out. Called att and they said no problem in the area. At one point i pulled off the highway, shut the car off and removed the sim and started the car then shut it off and reinstalled the sim and restarted. Got connectivity again, but only for about 10 minutes then it cut out again. All that was after turning off then back on the data through the control in the settings. Just had to forget about it and eventually it worked again a couple of hours later.
    '71 SERIES III
    MULTIPLE D90'S
    '04 RR
    '05 LR3
    '10 RR
    '17 RR
    '18 Range Rover V8 Supercharged - (SOLD, Whew.... MORE PROBLEMS THAN THE 2017)
    '18 TOYOTA LAND CRUISER

FRESHMAN ROVER
    My car has been at the dealership for a week trying to get the data connection issue fixed. They replaced the communication control unit and are still having the same problem. They said the car is not displaying the MAC address. Anyone else have this problem? They're back and forth with JLR tech team. I'm pretty surprised they don't know what the problem is.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now