Cracked Windshield Washer Fluid Filler Pipe
  1. Welcome to RangeRovers.net – General discussion forum for Range Rovers

Welcome to RangeRovers.net - a website dedicated to all things Range Rovers.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join RangeRovers.net today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Cracked Windshield Washer Fluid Filler Pipe

Cracked Windshield Washer Fluid Filler Pipe

“Allow myself to introduce myself” ~ Austin Powers

My name is Ozzie and I own a 2014 Range Rover Evoque which I purchased new while it was still on a ship coming from Liverpool in the UK to the States.

I’m writing this post because I’m interested in knowing:

1) Have any Evoque owners experienced a cracked Windshield Washer Fluid Filler Pipe? (it’s the bit that connects to the washer reservoir)

2) How was the problem fixed (warranty, Protection Plan, out-of-pocket)?

3) Does anyone think Land Rover should make this a Manufacturer Recall Item?

Here’s my story…

- Recently, the Low Washer Fluid warning light appeared on my dashboard.
    - When I topped up the washer fluid it started leaking out below the vehicle.
    - Dealership determined that it was a “cracked washer fluid filler pipe”.

My vehicle left the manufacturer warranty period a few months ago, but is now covered by $2997- the Jaguar Land Rover Protection Plan sold to me by the dealership.

The dealership contacted the Protection Plan Administrator who informed that the washer fluid filler pipe is not covered because it is a “wear item” (i.e. a “hose” under the exclusions section of the warranty).

The cost to fix this problem is $84 for the filler pipe + $390 labor = $474

Seems like either a design flaw in the part, a manufacturing defect or planned failure to ensure at least $474 would be spent on a non-mechanical nuisance repair at the dealership after the warranty period expires.

Has anyone else experienced this on their Evoque? Do tell!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

Re: Cracked Windshield Washer Fluid Filler Pipe

1) Have any Evoque owners experienced a cracked Windshield Washer Fluid Filler Pipe? (it’s the bit that connects to the washer reservoir)
    most likely not, rather an obscure failure.

2) How was the problem fixed (warranty, Protection Plan, out-of-pocket)?
    Calling that assembly a "hose" is pure horse plop... it is NOT a wear item because it does not move and it does not have maintenance schedule. If you can't get the dealer to go to bat for you on this, file a complaint with LRNA and make sure to get a case number. If you end up going out of pocket find an independent Rover shop

3) Does anyone think Land Rover should make this a Manufacturer Recall Item?
    No, a "recall" is for serious safety issues only. RNA wouldn't even issue a TSB, Technical Service Bulletin for this,
    When dealing with yourself, act with your brain
    When dealing others, act with your heart.

Re: Cracked Windshield Washer Fluid Filler Pipe

I actually opened a case with Land Rover NA before writing my post. The interest and attention to my problem was brief and provided zero resolution.

- Called LRNA and explained problem to 3 different reps

- Was finally escalated and assigned a Case Number and Case Manager

- Case Manager told me it's not LRNA's problem as the Jaguar Land Rover Protection Plan is administered by a company named Assurant and that I should phone them.

- I phoned Assurant, they said the Protection Plan I purchased is "exclusionary" and that I should refer to the exclusions section of my paperwork where hoses and belts are mentioned.

- I called the LRNA Case Manager who said (rather begrudingly) that they would call the Service Manager at the Dealership to see if anything could be done.

- Received a call from LRNA Case Manager stating that Service Manager said Assurant said that part wear item and not covered.

If nothing else, I hope someone who reads this post will learn from my present issue and know that the when the Sales Manager at the Land Rover Dealership tells you that the Protection Plan your purchasing for thousands of dollars is the same as the Factory Warranty... they're not being totally honest.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now